Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by kaidus
here is my update for the radisson stockholm
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...stockholm.html
Thank you for the nice report
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
sorry for newbie post-but are there no carlson points for friends and fam discounts??
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
great find. thank you!
Old Feb 18, 2012, 3:53 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
sorry for newbie post-but are there no carlson points for friends and fam discounts??
No
Old Feb 18, 2012, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
No problem.

No.

YW.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
steve sickel

Originally Posted by jair101
Enough already.

1. Friends&Family is an extremely vague term...especially nowadays with all the social networks and thousands of "friends" everyone has there.

2. Carlson are well aware how the fare is used. You think a huge travel related company like them is not aware of a thread on one of the biggest travel related forums on the net? Please.

3. If they want to be more stringent, they will be - for example requesting the employee to fill a form on your behalf, so you can use it. If they made it easy it is beause THEY WANT it to be easy. Perhaps slightly more harder then previous years, but still relatively easy.

99.99% of us dont know Steve Sickel personally, but we're allowed to use him as friend with his blessing. Relax.

who is this steve sickel?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
who is this steve sickel?
Someone who works for carlson's competition.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Smackie3000
yep, it finally happened....was asked employee name, office and contact details....and insisted on giving them a telephone number for contacting the person so making up name didn't quite work......it's not even because of a more diligent staff, it pop'd up on their system bright red next to the rate and its requirements when checking in so no way you can avoid being ask I'm afraid......

Ended up just bidding for a room on Priceline - luckily got a room at Hilton Green Park.

Shame, the hotel suited me perfectly.....I expect this would be the case across London....
Opppss. I will be in the same hotel with such FF rate (in a weekend, before going back home and then really for leisure) so I will be prepared to sort out name, office and contact details (but I do not expect they will ask me his mobile number!). In reality he is not a friend but a person I knew indirectly through Linkedin!
Anyway I hope that giving his name will not cause him any problem.
After all I do not think they will chase him to see on a Saturday evening...when offices are closed.
Honestly speaking I do not intend use such rate on regular basis but having made a last minute reservation it was very useful...and cheap.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 6:43 am

My Friend at Carlson

I went to pick up a cruise brochure at my local Travel Leaders office ( a Division of Carlson).

My friend was good enough to staple her business card to the outside of the brochure.

Now I carry that with me when I travel. I always have my friends full contact info with me on that card to help the desk clerk.

Maybe this will help you too.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:05 pm

Does anyone know what exactly ask if they ask... (name, position, email, location...?)

Anyway I have stay last November at Radisson Blue, Milan Italy, no question asked
Old Feb 21, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: priority pass, M&M, Aeroflot Bonus
Originally Posted by MJLouise
Hm, I wonder if one of these folks would be my friend

http://www.hospitalitynet.org/organi.../17000724.html
These guys seem to be very "friendly"
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:53 am

When you make a reservation under the "F&F" rate, does the hotel still see and honor your Gold/Concierge status? I'm guessing having an elite status might help in them not interrogating you and offending you too much with many questions.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by tsmith12
When you make a reservation under the "F&F" rate, does the hotel still see and honor your Gold/Concierge status? I'm guessing having an elite status might help in them not interrogating you and offending you too much with many questions.
They should, as long as you use provide your Club Carlson number.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Park Plaza Victoria, London: they asked me the name of my friend, position and work location; no phone number, emails etc.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:36 pm

I used it with no problem this last week at Hotel Ambassador Opera in Paris. I had my friend's name ready but they didn't ask me a thing. Great service and value with breakfast for 2 included. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.