Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: lots of little things
Originally Posted by stan1162
I went to pick up a cruise brochure at my local Travel Leaders office ( a Division of Carlson).

My friend was good enough to staple her business card to the outside of the brochure.

Now I carry that with me when I travel. I always have my friends full contact info with me on that card to help the desk clerk.

Maybe this will help you too.
I like what you did there ^

I'll see about locating my friends as well.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:09 pm

If our travel agent is with Carlson Wagonlit, that would make him a Carlson employee, right?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:42 pm
bhp

Originally Posted by mabramovich
If our travel agent is with Carlson Wagonlit, that would make him a Carlson employee, right?
Pretty sure they are part of Carlson Group... My travel agent is always busy, never picks up the phone. I wouldn't give out an email cuz I find he responds quickly on those
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by soccerboi25
I used it with no problem this last week at Hotel Ambassador Opera in Paris. I had my friend's name ready but they didn't ask me a thing. Great service and value with breakfast for 2 included. ^
Wow!! I'm impressed you managed to find availability for this rate here! I can't find anything for the good Paris properties whenever I look....
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by bhp
Pretty sure they are part of Carlson Group... My travel agent is always busy, never picks up the phone. I wouldn't give out an email cuz I find he responds quickly on those
Well I mean if he knows us we could legitimately ask him to be our friend and not worry about giving his email at a front desk...
Old Mar 2, 2012, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Wow!! I'm impressed you managed to find availability for this rate here! I can't find anything for the good Paris properties whenever I look....
Likewise, I checked yesterday, and there is no availability under this promo code for any of the Paris city hotels (not even Paris-Boulogne) for rest of this year.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Likewise, I checked yesterday, and there is no availability under this promo code for any of the Paris city hotels (not even Paris-Boulogne) for rest of this year.
I've seen the same thing for this year. I think that the Paris hotels that previously participated have cut the abuse by just cutting their participation in this rate.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: SQ
They must've just stopped using the rate...

Getting those hotels for 80 a night would probably be the best deal in the industry
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: AA; The Peninsula
I received an email from Park Plaza UK notifying me that F&F rate bookings were limited to 3 nights and that I would have to change my existing reservations.

The agent cited a Jan 2011 company memo regarding F&F. The terms posted online make no mention of such a limitation, nor does the reservations system prevent booking stays > 3 nights.

My reservations were booked months ago. I'm thinking about calling corporate but I don't really want to drag my friend into this (please don't msg me asking to use his name). Anyway, it seems wrong for them to change the rules.

Advice?

Last edited by Peninsula; Mar 2, 2012 at 1:15 pm
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Peninsula
I received an email from Park Plaza UK notifying me that F&F rate bookings were limited to 3 nights and that I would have to change my existing reservations.

The agent cited a Jan 2011 company memo regarding F&F. The terms posted online make no mention of such a limitation, nor does the reservations system prevent booking stays > 3 days.

My reservations were booked months ago. I'm thinking about calling corporate but I don't really want to drag my friend into this (please don't msg me asking to use his name). Anyway, it seems wrong for them to change the rules.

Advice?
Just try and split nights across 2 hotels?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP

The agent cited a Jan 2011 company memo regarding F&F. The terms posted online make no mention of such a limitation, nor does the reservations system prevent booking stays > 3 nights.

Advice?
How many nights are you looking for? and how many people are travelling together?

if there's more than yourself, you could try and split the reservation into 2 under different names each for 3 nights?

This should make everybody happy?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan,Alaska,Airmiles
I just stayed at the Radisson Blu Amsterdam, no questions asked. The room was nice and included breakfast. The rate did say that it also included 25% off bar and food but there was no mention of this at check in. I am not sure if it would have been adjusted naturally. Anyway, a great stay, Thanks Flyertalk!
Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by triptastic
I just stayed at the Radisson Blu Amsterdam, no questions asked. The room was nice and included breakfast. The rate did say that it also included 25% off bar and food but there was no mention of this at check in. I am not sure if it would have been adjusted naturally. Anyway, a great stay, Thanks Flyertalk!
Its not up to them to mention this to you .

But it looks like the above hotel has blocked out this rate for the rest of this month, next and through the summer anyway.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 4:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
We checked-in at the Radisson Plaza Santiago two nights ago with no questions or problems. There is a nice breakfast buffet, free wi-fi and our room is a small suite. There is no tax for foreign visitors, so I paid in US dollars using my US credit card and not only saved the taxes, but any currency conversion fee that the card might charge. One more thing - coupons for a free welcome drink of your choice. Not a bad deal for USD$80.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:47 pm

Advice?
I got the same e-mail. They sent me a copy of the memo after I questioned it. I dropped it at that point - no point stirring the pot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.