Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by User Name
This thread has potential use if only to simply confirm that all is still well, and to report and twists and turns that may come about along the way.
But if people are using the promotion correctly - there's no need to worry about twists, turns, or that "all is still well". You either have a friend who works for Carlson or not. Very simple.

FT is many things to many people, and if this - or any thread for that matter - offends anyone's sensibilities then may I respectfully suggest that you focus your attention to threads whose content are more to your liking.
Thats a pretty poor statement. That's like telling people to take another street, because the main one is filled with drug dealers and prostituites, and if you dont like that kind of stuff, just look the other way and keep quiet. When you adopt that attitude in life - it's a slippery slope downward, very quickly.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: A3*G, FB Gold, EB
Stayed at the Radisson Blu Yas Island in Abu Dhabi.

No questions asked ^

Upgraded to business room. Buffet breakfast included.

Very nice property, will most likely stay there again next time I'm in UAE.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
This thread has potential use if only to simply confirm that all is still well, and to report and twists and turns that may come about along the way.

FT is many things to many people, and if this - or any thread for that matter - offends anyone's sensibilities then may I respectfully suggest that you focus your attention to threads whose content are more to your liking.
Oh but trolling and condemning others is so fun that some just can't resist. Since we're all children, it's great that we have some willing to show us 'the way'
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Thats a pretty poor statement. That's like telling people to take another street, because the main one is filled with drug dealers and prostituites, and if you dont like that kind of stuff, just look the other way and keep quiet. When you adopt that attitude in life - it's a slippery slope downward, very quickly.
I'm just saying that this kind of waffle - this very post responding to you included - only serves to dilute a thread that people other than yourself are finding helpful in some way. If the thread is of no help to you, and it's certainly not harming you, then maybe go and bother someone else? I'm being very polite here.

I am now going to take a leaf out of my own book and this will be my final post on the subject.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Back on topic

Two recent stays

Radisson Edwardian Mercer Street(Covent Garden area) London. No questions, free breakfast, movie and £15 credit at the bar. Delux room .Usually available Fridays and Sundays

Radisson Edwardian Providence Wharfe ( Canary Wharfe area ) London. Asked at check in for name and location of friend, seemed more out of interest than anything else. Again free breakfast, movie and £15 credit at the bar. Delux room. Good location for 02. Usually available Fri Sat Sun.

Cal
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Which makes me wonder why it's still even open. At this point, everybody knows the deal. There's no need for any additional postings - as they all, at this point, go against the spirit of ethics and using the deal in good faith when you are truley entitled to it. I'm surprised the mods havent closed it - unless this is which Flyertalk stands for - ways to scam/cheat deals to get the most out of it.
I agree with some of what you're saying....FT standards do seem to have dropped over the last few years especially on this forum.
At the end of the day Carlson must know this discounted rate is being freely used/abused by many non F&F of Carlson employees but seem to be prepared to let it carry on. They are obviously doing pretty well out of it...I've used it a few times.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles longhaul
Just checked into the Raddison Blu Hotel in Chicago.. NO questions asked..
Very nice hotel and got a upgrade..
When we were there a few weeks ago, the pharmacy pretty much right next store was selling big boxes of cereal for 2$. A great way to cut down on breakfast charges (though I remember the hotel restaurant wasn't horribly expensive)
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
Was trying to book Radisson Blu Royal. When I clicked "Book" a popup appeared saying that a name & location would be required at check-in. The last post from Jan 26 suggested everything was OK at this hotel. Any suggestions? how have people gone around this in case they are called out???
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:25 am
scr

Programs: M&M, BAEC
The prices quoted to me from this offer seem a little too good to be true. €80 per night is near enough half the normal price. Surely there must be some catch?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
At the end of the day Carlson must know this discounted rate is being freely used/abused by many non F&F of Carlson employees but seem to be prepared to let it carry on. They are obviously doing pretty well out of it...I've used it a few times.
I'd say quite the opposite. They are trying to stop it from carry on, and that has caused some users on here some distress, and now they feel they need this forum as a "does this hotel work" messageboard to continue on fraudulently using a discount they arent entitled to.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by buck3y3nut
Was trying to book Radisson Blu Royal. When I clicked "Book" a popup appeared saying that a name & location would be required at check-in. The last post from Jan 26 suggested everything was OK at this hotel. Any suggestions? how have people gone around this in case they are called out???
I have a suggestion - GET A FRIEND WHO WORKS AT CARLSON! Isnt that what this promo is about?! Problem solved.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:07 am

If the thread is of no help to you, and it's certainly not harming you, then maybe go and bother someone else?
This thread is of help to those who want to use the discount legitimately, however it's being littered by people asking to see if they run the risk of getting caught. I'm hardly bothering those who are entitled to this discount - just those who want a freebie they aren't entitled to.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by scr
The prices quoted to me from this offer seem a little too good to be true. €80 per night is near enough half the normal price. Surely there must be some catch?
Please read the last 849 posts of this thread !!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 4:42 am
scr

Programs: M&M, BAEC
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Please read the last 849 posts of this thread !!
I have read a fair amount of posts in this thread, and I've also been taught that if an offer seems to good to be true, it generally is. And so far I can't really see a down side to this offer. This confuses me, as my logic suggests that there should be some downside.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 4:48 am

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Originally Posted by scr
I have read a fair amount of posts in this thread, and I've also been taught that if an offer seems to good to be true, it generally is. And so far I can't really see a down side to this offer. This confuses me, as my logic suggests that there should be some downside.
There is a potential downside if the hotels start seriously cracking down on this and you are caught improperly using the rate. In that case, you are stuck finding new accommodation, possibly at a very high rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.