Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: SPG Gold, A-Club PLATINUM, HHonors Gold, GPP-Gold, BWR-Diamond, PCR PLAT, *Wood P
I'll stay in Stockholm for one night in the end of january... Has there anyone been yet on f&f rate?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kaidus
I'll stay in Stockholm for one night in the end of january... Has there anyone been yet on f&f rate?
I'm also considering to use the f&f rate for a stay in April at the Radisson Waterfront...
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: SPG Gold, A-Club PLATINUM, HHonors Gold, GPP-Gold, BWR-Diamond, PCR PLAT, *Wood P
Originally Posted by WeiBen
I'm also considering to use the f&f rate for a stay in April at the Radisson Waterfront...
that will be my one!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:33 pm

that will be my one!
Perfect, would gladly appreciate if you would share your experience there
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:56 pm

that will be my one!
Great new hotel with the best breakfast in town. Located in downtown just a few minutes walk from the airport train station.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by kempis
Great new hotel with the best breakfast in town. Located in downtown just a few minutes walk from the airport train station.
Sounds tempting...
Old Dec 29, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: AC *P
Talking

Originally Posted by tassojunior
Here's one friend:

Dear
Thank you very much for your bookings from 14th to 16th December and 17th to 20th December 2011. All your bookings are under the special rate for Carlson family and friends. For this special rate Rezidor has rules so that we need to inquire about the Carlson contact who has booked the rooms for you. This rule is due to the fact that the special rates have been often misused lately.
Please give us the contact detail (name and e-mail address) of the carlson employee who has booked the rooms for you. Thank you very much!
I am looking forward to hear from you and ask you not to hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Kind regards,
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
I just finished my stay at this wonderful hotel. I booked my room in September 2010 and was not asked for any info re my "friend". For those with a car, the hotel charges 32 CHF for every 24 hours. A good alternative option is to park the car overnight on the side street which loops around the area (keep going in the same direction if you see the hotel on the right) - on the side streets, parking is free from 7pm to 7am. One can also put in coins the night before to prepay for the next morning starting at 7am (at 1CHF per hour).

Maybe this property is changing its policy - also, the availability in the summer of 2012 seems to be non-existent for the F&F rate.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Feb 9, 2012 at 7:52 pm
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:47 pm

Just finished my stay at Radisson Blu Frankfurt. No questions asked re 'friend" and breakfast was wonderful. Booking was made in September 2011.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
does anyone know if the f&f rate counts towards your nights required for silver status?... i know it doesn't give any points.

rgds
Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by cg346
does anyone know if the f&f rate counts towards your nights required for silver status?... i know it doesn't give any points.

rgds
No, it doesn't.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:26 am

Happy New Year everyone!

Just came from the Radisson Lima Miraflores: no questions asked!

Does anyone have any experiences with the Radisson Blu Tala Bay in Aqaba, Jordan? I'm planning a short holiday there, and I'd love to use the F&F code there. Normally, my stays are just 1 or 2 nights, but I'm planning on staying there 5 nights. I'm a bit hesitant using the code and a fake "friend" (without having an actual friend at Carlson) for such a long stay. So, does anyone know if a name will be asked at check-in?

Also, a PM would be greatly appreciated for this stay ! Will make things a lot easier !
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:15 am

Wink

Hi,

I made a reservation at the Country Inn FQ through the F&FR, but found a better rate ($69 vs $70 and no friend needed ). So I've changed my reservation.

Looks like a nice property, very good rating on TripAdvisor.

Originally Posted by mabramovich
...and me in New Orleans
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:41 am

Stayed at the Radisson in Melbourne... no questions asked though no breakkie was included.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM
...folks, all you need to do is read the posts....
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:22 am

As a poor college student, I could really use a friend! Please PM me if possible. Thanks in advance!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.