Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by DonnaDonnaDonna
F&F rate used at the new Radisson Blu Aqua in Chicago, no questions asked. No free breakfast and no upgrade, despite being a Carlson Elite (isn't everyone!). I would not recommend the hotel I'm afraid.
I have a upcoming stay here using the FF rate, what was negative about your stay?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AS MVP Gold, Marco Polo Silver, Hilton Gold, A Club Platinum
Need a friend :)

I have booked a few nights for next summer using this rate.

I would kindly like to ask for a PM with contact information of a Radisson employee who would like to be my friend

In return of being my friend I'll be more than willing to "pay it forward" by donating some of the money I'll be saving with this code to a charity of your choice, just in time for the holidays.

Thank You.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by markcruz36
I have booked a few nights for next summer using this rate.

I would kindly like to ask for a PM with contact information of a Radisson employee who would like to be my friend

In return of being my friend I'll be more than willing to "pay it forward" by donating some of the money I'll be saving with this code to a charity of your choice, just in time for the holidays.

Thank You.
You have a lot here to choose: http://www.peekyou.com/work
Send me your donation to my spanish Bank Account
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:01 am

Just booked my stay at the Radisson Miraflores Decapolis in Lima using the FF rate. Any experiences at that property?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by SwissCircle
According to one hotel in Switzerland, the rate can be mistaken as an employee rate, which has specific instruction to validate it given by the Rezidor group.
Upon a reservation there they asked for name, email adress of the employee who reserved the stay for me. The hotel was unaware that one can book it themselves. Now they are.
Hi, are you able to let us know which one? It appears that the hotel now knows these are two separate rates?

Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan,Alaska,Airmiles
is it still working for 2012

Hi, I have tried to check rates for Amsterdam and Beijing for Feb/Mar 2012 with or with out the code the rate remains the same. Is there an adjustment for price at the end of the booking? What am I doing wrong as I see people have been able to book for 2012. I am sorry if this has been answered already.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by triptastic
Hi, I have tried to check rates for Amsterdam and Beijing for Feb/Mar 2012 with or with out the code the rate remains the same. Is there an adjustment for price at the end of the booking? What am I doing wrong as I see people have been able to book for 2012. I am sorry if this has been answered already.
I'm seeing the same thing... drastically less availability in 2012. I think that they're tightening the strings.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 1:36 am

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Originally Posted by SwissCircle
According to one hotel in Switzerland, the rate can be mistaken as an employee rate, which has specific instruction to validate it given by the Rezidor group.
Upon a reservation there they asked for name, email adress of the employee who reserved the stay for me. The hotel was unaware that one can book it themselves. Now they are.
This appears to be right but this looks to now apply to F&F as well. I'm looking at a couple of bookings later next year and the rate is specifically mentioning that the name and work location of an employee is needed.

Last edited by *A Flyer; Dec 9, 2011 at 2:00 am
Old Dec 9, 2011, 2:06 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by Vlntn
Just booked my stay at the Radisson Miraflores Decapolis in Lima using the FF rate. Any experiences at that property?
I stayed at the suites radisson in Lima 3 weeks ago without problem but did,check in at 1am.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 3:58 am
k2o

Programs: UA 1K, DL Dia.,AA Plat, Hilton Dia,Bonvoy T
Agra, India

I recently had a F&F stay at the Radisson Agra- at the East gate of the Taj. No questions asked regarding my friend. No breakfast but was given a personal concierge, given a mini tour of the property. I've never had a personal concierge before but the SPG Le Meridian in Pune gave me one as well. FWIW CC I'm silver and SPG Gold.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by RooseveltL
I stayed at the suites radisson in Lima 3 weeks ago without problem but did,check in at 1am.
Good to hear. My flight arrives at 10:50pm, so I'll probably won't check in until midnight/1am either. I couldn't decide between the Miraflores or the San Isidro. Which one is better in your opinion?
Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:24 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Just booking a hotel and this popped up

Carlson Family and Friends-Guest Room
PRICE:
80.00 US Dollar (USD) Per night Tax excluded For 1 nights per room

ROOM DESCRIPTION:
Guest Room features:
-Double Paned Insulated Windows
-Work Desk -Two 2-line speaker Phones with dataport -Balcony -Magnifying Mirrors
-Iron/Ironing Board -Clock Radio with Alarm -Hairdryer -Coffee Maker -Bottled Water
-Lodgenet System with pay per view & Nintendo Games.
-In Room Safe

FEATURES:
-Please note - Carlson Family and Friends-Guest Room
PRICE:
80.00 US Dollar (USD) Per night Tax excluded For 1 nights per room

ROOM DESCRIPTION:
Guest Room features:
-Double Paned Insulated Windows
-Work Desk -Two 2-line speaker Phones with dataport -Balcony -Magnifying Mirrors
-Iron/Ironing Board -Clock Radio with Alarm -Hairdryer -Coffee Maker -Bottled Water
-Lodgenet System with pay per view & Nintendo Games.
-In Room Safe

FEATURES:
-Please note - employee name and work location will be required at time of check-in.
-Discounted rate for family & friends of Carlson employees globally
-Guest will be charged equivalent of 80 USD
-Please note that currency exchange rates are subject to change

INSTRUCTIONS:
No points/miles awarded
1 night minimum stay required.
-A maximum of 3 rooms per person may be booked at this rate
-Rate intended for leisure travel only
-Guest will be responsible for room rates, applicable taxes and surcharges, in addition to any other charges that they incur
-Rate is for room only. If room type booked includes amenities (such as breakfast) those amenities will be included with the Family & Friends rate
-Rate subject to availability and change
Available for bookings made from Jun 23 2010

GUARANTEE POLICY:
Credit card holds accepted

CANCELLATION POLICY:
Cancel today thru Apr 04 2012 = No penalty
Cancel Apr 05 2012 thru Apr 06 2012 = 97.60 USD.

-Discounted rate for family & friends of Carlson employees globally
-Guest will be charged equivalent of 80 USD
-Please note that currency exchange rates are subject to change

CANCELLATION POLICY:
Cancel today thru Apr 04 2012 = No penalty
Cancel Apr 05 2012 thru Apr 06 2012 = 97.60 USD.

And was followed by this when pressing book now

Please note - employee name and work location will be required at time of check-in

I have not booked using this code before, is this message always displayed

Regards

cal
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan,Alaska,Airmiles
Originally Posted by Vlntn
No, they did not. No questions asked, I even got an upgrade and free breakfast! Just booked another stay at the same property for April 2012.
Which hotel did you book? I am looking at Amsterdam for Feb and would really like free breakfast.Thanks^
Old Dec 9, 2011, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by triptastic
Which hotel did you book? I am looking at Amsterdam for Feb and would really like free breakfast.Thanks^
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport. Good hotel for an overnight airport layover, but if you want to do some sightseeing I'd recommend staying in one of the hotels downtown!

I'm actually not sure whether I got the breakfast because of the room rate or because of the Club Carlson elite status. So I wouldn't choose this hotel just because of the free breakfast. (It was my first stay on the FF rate, so I don't know if breakfast is usually included in that rate)

I'm trying the FF rate at Radisson Blu Amsterdam Airport in April, I'll keep you all updated!
Old Dec 9, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by xcalx
Just booking a hotel and this popped up...

And was followed by this when pressing book now
Please note - employee name and work location will be required at time of check-in
I have not booked using this code before, is this message always displayed
Regards

cal
Yes, it is correct. Read back a few pages and you will find about this new "enhancement" and the ways to solve it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.