Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is 80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by yeungman
I called to confirm my reservation (made 3 mos ago) and within 30 minutes of my call, I received a new email "Your Radisson Adjustment Confirmation" which sets out the details of my reservation (dates, rate, etc.) plus the additional term:

-Please note - employee name and work location will be required at time of check-in.
Just pick a name from the list http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17166226-post642.html and let them be your "friend". Address and phone number is posted on the same link.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:15 pm

I called to confirm my reservation (made 3 mos ago) and within 30 minutes of my call, I received a new email "Your Radisson Adjustment Confirmation" which sets out the details of my reservation (dates, rate, etc.) plus the additional term:

-Please note - employee name and work location will be required at time of check-in.
Please keep calling them!
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by joorinainen
Please keep calling them!
I don't know what you meant with your comment.

I am letting people know here that this was what happened to me when I called because I asked for 2 dbl beds vs a King bed. When I called I wasn't even aware that there was a rule change. I don't check this forum 24/7.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Orlando Vic
Just pick a name from the list http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17166226-post642.html and let them be your "friend". Address and phone number is posted on the same link.
Thanks for your help I googled and found a "friend" contact info to use when asked.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:04 pm

Hi, checked into Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik Iceland for 2 nights last week on this rate (80euro/night). no question or problems. includes breakfast as well. also, if you drive, there is a parking lot across the street where you can park for free from 6pm to 10am daily.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I don't know what you meant with your comment.

I am letting people know here that this was what happened to me when I called because I asked for 2 dbl beds vs a King bed. When I called I wasn't even aware that there was a rule change. I don't check this forum 24/7.
The comment is one dripping with sarcasm.

The more calls there are about bookings at such rates, the more likely the rate will get more attention than you and/or others may welcome.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:57 am

you do need to have a name of employee and their hotel.

here is a link to names..http://www.peekyou.com/work/radisson
Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:54 pm

radisson f@f

http://www.peekyou.com/work/radisson pick one of these people to use,..
Old Sep 28, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: *G
Radisson Blu Frankfurt didn't ask any employee's details.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:10 pm

Hi all.

I also have recently booked 2 reservations using the carlson family & friends promotion code prior to the adjustments requiring name & location of said friend. The reservations are in the upcoming month, I would greatly appreciate a PM of any names anyone has used & also updates on how everyone is getting along when checking in...!

Thank you & good luck to everyone else with their bookings.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 4:28 pm

Oh dear...After weaning myself off this rate I finally decide to give myself a well deserved brake, I found a night at the park plaza westminster which for some time they ceased being able to use this code with that hotel, so when I saw it was back I was delighted, then as I was about to book the new "rule" popped up

I do have a name from a FOH manager I liaised with regarding an extra bed in Stockholm I could use, however do they call through to verify? If they do then I certain wil not be using him..lol
Old Sep 29, 2011, 5:45 am

Hi,

We just checked out of the Radisson Blu in Rome, after a 5 day stay. Still no questions asked, no need to mention an employees name, nobody asked anything. Everything went very well and it was a great luxurious stay. We really enjoyed it.

Jenn
Old Sep 29, 2011, 6:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jlu39
Hi,

We just checked out of the Radisson Blu in Rome, after a 5 day stay. Still no questions asked, no need to mention an employees name, nobody asked anything. Everything went very well and it was a great luxurious stay. We really enjoyed it.

Jenn
Breakfast included as well ?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by raunow
Breakfast included as well ?
yes, breakfast was included!
Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The comment is one dripping with sarcasm.

The more calls there are about bookings at such rates, the more likely the rate will get more attention than you and/or others may welcome.
Thanks GUWONDER. I will not call next time.

We just checked in at Radisson in Philly. Employee's name was not asked although I have an employee's business card to show.

We took an automatic upgrade of $19 extra per night for a Plaza level with executive lounge access and got it. We also got 2 queen beds which is what we want. The room is very spacious with a flatscreen TV. Carpeting and dresser could be replaced to give the room a spruced up look but overall it is not bad. We like it.

Thanks to FT for all the info and assistance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.