Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Worked great for my last weekend! Used it for a football weekend where every other hotel was $160+ (even the cheap ones). I got it for $80/night, no questions asked at all. Even got a 1 bedroom suite, which at a Country Inn isn't anything super special.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC E
help - asap!!!!

I am in YQR Hotel Sask - they want a letter for the carsonf code - what to do?
Old Oct 7, 2011, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by Daria
I am in YQR Hotel Sask - they want a letter for the carsonf code - what to do?
Not sure what letter they want as under the new code you only need the name and info of the employee. I have the feeling they're mixing this up with the employee rate like what happened to me in Oxnard,CA
Old Oct 7, 2011, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by raunow
Breakfast included as well ?
Isn't the norm that most hotels in Scandinavia (incl the Radissons) include breakfast (and a huge buffet at that) ?
Old Oct 8, 2011, 7:44 am

Note about the breakfast: It seems to be included even if it doesn't show up in the reservation notes etc. Ask at Check-in.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Reservation in Muscat Oman coming up very soon, a PM would be appreciated as this is not the place to have an issue with a hotel. Very nervous here!

Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2011, 11:50 am

I really don't understand people asking PM's or panicking about this promotion. I could send you all a PM with some made-up name with city and hotel and you would think that it's all good. Same as you go to the counter at your hotel and do the same thing, how on earth people think that they are actually verifying everything? I have used this promotion many times and never asked about the contact. Actually im staying right now at one of the hotels with this promotion.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nyjoe4
...and one for me, too, if anyone can help (for a London hotel in a couple of weeks).

Thanks in advance.

Joe
Joe - did you have any luck with a London hotel? I'm heading there in a couple weeks and cant seem to find any deals...
Old Oct 8, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by joorinainen
I really don't understand people asking PM's or panicking about this promotion. I could send you all a PM with some made-up name with city and hotel and you would think that it's all good. Same as you go to the counter at your hotel and do the same thing, how on earth people think that they are actually verifying everything? I have used this promotion many times and never asked about the contact. Actually im staying right now at one of the hotels with this promotion.
+++++++++++++ 1
Old Oct 8, 2011, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Isn't the norm that most hotels in Scandinavia (incl the Radissons) include breakfast (and a huge buffet at that) ?
While complimentary breakfast is the norm for most hotels in Scandinavia that are part of a hotel brand with hotels in at least three of the Finno-Scandinavian countries, Radisson hotels in the region are amongst the least likely of such hotels to provide complimentary breakfast.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 6:58 am

Looking To book the Raddison in Ottawa for friends and family ...If anyone could PM me, would greatly appreciate it.....
Old Oct 9, 2011, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by MrBrownstone
Looking To book the Raddison in Ottawa for friends and family ...If anyone could PM me, would greatly appreciate it.....
The Radisson Ottawa was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. I'd think twice about staying there.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 10:09 am

Hello!

Stayed in Stockhom in the Radisson Blu Watefront (wonderful hotel, new hotel, great breaktfast) for the rate of skr 745,-- (regular rate about skr 1699,--). No one asked about a friend etc.

best wishes

Stefan
Old Oct 10, 2011, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by politico_pk
Joe - did you have any luck with a London hotel? I'm heading there in a couple weeks and cant seem to find any deals...
Hi Politico_pk,

I had actually booked a while back; there are occasional deals in London, but they appear sporadically. You can keep checking, though - they do pop up.

Joe
Old Oct 10, 2011, 9:46 am

Programs: SPG Gold, A-Club PLATINUM, HHonors Gold, GPP-Gold, BWR-Diamond, PCR PLAT, *Wood P
Originally Posted by Stefan_Steiger
Hello!

Stayed in Stockhom in the Radisson Blu Watefront (wonderful hotel, new hotel, great breaktfast) for the rate of skr 745,-- (regular rate about skr 1699,--). No one asked about a friend etc.

best wishes

Stefan
nice to hear - just booked that one for one night in January ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.