Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012, 4:53 am

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by scr
I have read a fair amount of posts in this thread, and I've also been taught that if an offer seems to good to be true, it generally is. And so far I can't really see a down side to this offer. This confuses me, as my logic suggests that there should be some downside.
The people at Carlson seem to not be so stingy when it comes to promotions and discounts.

My gold member weekend 2-for-1 works at almost all of the properties, with the exception of the really expensive ones in Paris.

This code is great and they are still filling rooms that wouldn't have otherwise been sold.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: AC, BR, CX, TK, UA
deleted

Last edited by meinhell; Feb 7, 2012 at 5:31 pm
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver, M&M FTL, Flying Blue Silver, Duna Club Silver
Enough already.

1. Friends&Family is an extremely vague term...especially nowadays with all the social networks and thousands of "friends" everyone has there.

2. Carlson are well aware how the fare is used. You think a huge travel related company like them is not aware of a thread on one of the biggest travel related forums on the net? Please.

3. If they want to be more stringent, they will be - for example requesting the employee to fill a form on your behalf, so you can use it. If they made it easy it is beause THEY WANT it to be easy. Perhaps slightly more harder then previous years, but still relatively easy.

99.99% of us dont know Steve Sickel personally, but we're allowed to use him as friend with his blessing. Relax.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
The people at Carlson seem to not be so stingy when it comes to promotions and discounts.

My gold member weekend 2-for-1 works at almost all of the properties, with the exception of the really expensive ones in Paris.

This code is great and they are still filling rooms that wouldn't have otherwise been sold.
Is there a code for the "gold member weekend 2-for-1" or is this phone in only. BTW I am CC gold
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by jair101
Enough already.

1. Friends&Family is an extremely vague term...especially nowadays with all the social networks and thousands of "friends" everyone has there.

2. Carlson are well aware how the fare is used. You think a huge travel related company like them is not aware of a thread on one of the biggest travel related forums on the net? Please.

3. If they want to be more stringent, they will be - for example requesting the employee to fill a form on your behalf, so you can use it. If they made it easy it is beause THEY WANT it to be easy. Perhaps slightly more harder then previous years, but still relatively easy.

99.99% of us dont know Steve Sickel personally, but we're allowed to use him as friend with his blessing. Relax.
Steve Sickel works for IHG, not Carlson.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver, M&M FTL, Flying Blue Silver, Duna Club Silver
Originally Posted by spankytoes
Steve Sickel works for IHG, not Carlson.
I very much know that. The common thing is that both are Friends&Family rates.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by xcalx
Is there a code for the "gold member weekend 2-for-1" or is this phone in only. BTW I am CC gold
http://www.clubcarlson.com/2for1

Carlson DEFINITELY knows about the FF rate, and will allow it to be used similar to the way that IHG has allowed it. However, Carlson's can be a much better value, and has far better availability making it more likely that in the future it will be eliminated or devalued. I will say that Carlson genuinely seems to have a significant interest in making their customers happy during their stays - at least a lot more than the other chains I've dealt with - and have great customer service and aren't shy about giving away lots of stuff during promotions. That makes me feel that they will keep this going until the properties start to complain or they start to lose money, which I think is perfectly reasonable.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 4:47 pm

deleted

Last edited by meinhell; Feb 7, 2012 at 5:06 pm
Old Feb 7, 2012, 4:59 pm

deleted

Last edited by meinhell; Feb 7, 2012 at 5:06 pm
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just stayed this week at the Country Inn in Panama using the FF code. No questions asked, breakfast included. No status with Carlson, paid 70 USD per night, about 50 less than best rate elsewhere. Hope this helps someone, since decent hotels in Panama City can be unusually expensive for Central America.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: SPG Gold, A-Club PLATINUM, HHonors Gold, GPP-Gold, BWR-Diamond, PCR PLAT, *Wood P
here is my update for the radisson stockholm
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...stockholm.html
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Hm, I wonder if one of these folks would be my friend

http://www.hospitalitynet.org/organi.../17000724.html
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:33 pm

Just an FYI -- if you try to book a room online and the dates are showing unavailable. I booked Feb 17 at a Texas Radisson for one night. I was waiting for the 2nd night to show up available. It never did. I called the local hotel and they were able to extend the reservation at the same F&F rate even though the online booking engine showed no availability.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:58 am
Suspended

thnaks for normal promos massage
Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:24 am
scr

Programs: M&M, BAEC
Originally Posted by MJLouise
Hm, I wonder if one of these folks would be my friend

http://www.hospitalitynet.org/organi.../17000724.html
Good find! Thanks ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.