A short break to Stockholm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, A-Club PLATINUM, HHonors Gold, GPP-Gold, BWR-Diamond, PCR PLAT, *Wood P

Hi to everybody… I’m browsing this forum since a long time and this is my first report here so far. I hope it fits to the regulations for the pics I've inclueded.

It covers a short weekend break at the end of January to Stockholm. Sadly I was involved in a severe car accident two days before and I was not sure if I could start that trip at all. To pass all the mess related with it I made up my decision - GO!

Date: 28.01.2012
Destination: ARN – Stockholm Arlanda
Flight: LH 2920
Aircraft: CRJ-900 NextGen
FlightTime: 1h 40mins

Departute: http://youtu.be/wpdU2A42EqA

Early wake up was required to get my flight to the north on Saturday. I’m living next to the airport so it’s not that bad at all to have departures at 06:50. I arrived at the Terminal after a 10min taxi ride. Check-in at the kiosk (I love that ones so much), passed security and I realised disappointingly that I won’t have a gate with aero-bridge to the aircraft. So all PAX gathered downstairs at the “gate” and waiting for the bus to our small jet. It was freezing cold outside and the morning operation were about to start slowly. Filled with 25 PAX we made our way to de-icing and powered out of DUS heading north. The flight itself was nothing special. A small meal package, a tea and a nap later we approached Stockholm’s Arlanda Airport.

Approach and landing: http://youtu.be/vC1afecFJ4Q

The bus-transfer was very smooth – every 10-15mins a bus starts to the central station from the airport. Arrived there I noticed that my hotel – Radisson Blu Waterfront – was located right next to the place on the other side of the street. The Hotel was outstanding – staying there on F&F rate made even more exciting for me. I got a warm welcome and my request as a CarlsonClub Gold member was pleased with a room towards the waterfront.

To shorten it I walked around the common places in Stockholm on Saturday morning and Sunday. Due to my flight schedule and the nice hotel staff I could stay until 5pm in my room.

Here are random pics of Stockholm and the Vasa museum.

Enroute to ARN

Radisson Blu Waterfront from the outside

Vasa museum

Lounge and seating area in the lobby – waiting for my ride back to the airport

Date: 29.01.2012
Destination: DUS
Flight: LH 2925
Aircraft: CRJ-900 NextGen
FlightTime: 1h 40mins

Departure: http://youtu.be/8zWFfKp-BqA

Landing: http://youtu.be/2xH0fSTPbE8

I'll add more pics from my room at Radisson Waterfront later on.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:07 am

Programs: BA | EK | EY | PK
Great photographs! Would love to check the VASA Museum out. It looks particularly interesting.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Great report!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, A-Club PLATINUM, HHonors Gold, GPP-Gold, BWR-Diamond, PCR PLAT, *Wood P
Well VASA is really great - it was some kind of shelter for me, because I was running around for 3 hours and it was freezing cold... was a nice warm surprise there... this ship is really amazing.

Thx for your nice comments so far...
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! Fabulous photos report! I'm glad you have a great trip.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kaidus
Well VASA is really great - it was some kind of shelter for me, because I was running around for 3 hours and it was freezing cold... was a nice warm surprise there... this ship is really amazing.

Thx for your nice comments so far...
I've seen a lot of cool museumy-things (the Solar Boat Museum next to the Pyramids at Giza being one of them), but the Vasa absolutely blew my doors off. There's simply nothing else like it in the world, and IMHO, alone justifies a trip to Stockholm. I get chills jsut remembering my visit there more than ten years ago... ^
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by PK777
Great photographs! Would love to check the VASA Museum out. It looks particularly interesting.
it is remarkable.

nice TR OP.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:28 pm

Nice report. It is funny how when one lives in a City one ignores the treasures on your doorstep. Not been to Wasa since I was in my teens. Time for a visit with Jr.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Here are some pics from my hotel...

Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA, DL
Thanks for sharing.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 1:58 pm

Nice TR, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.