Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:32 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by InvestorTiger
Hi, I checked some of the dates and there is no availability for the King bed guest room...

Am I allowed to book the twin bed room(either paid or rewards) and expect/request to get an upgrade to executive king bed room since HH Gold members are eligible for upgrade. Is this generally accepted at other hotels also? The basis King guest rooms are sometimes not available for booking. Is it acceptable to book a twin bed guest room and email the hotel to change it or include it in the remarks of a change to King bed guest room instead.

Would appreciate any inputs.
This has always worked for me as a diamond, but I think it would work as gold also, especially since they treat golds pretty well at this property
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Stayed there 4 times this year and they've always upgraded me to the exec florr whatever room I've booked including twins as HH Gold.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 1:30 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Hi guys,

May I know how long roughly does it take to get from KL Sentral to Ampang Park LRT station? Would it be better to take a cab? Can any experienced forumer provide some instructions on where to go to take the LRT after arriving at KL Sentral? How do I get to the platform where I can take the Kelana jaya Line to Ampang Park station?

I understand from some reviews that DT KL is located within a shopping mall? How does it compare to the Pavilion Mall nearby or the KLCC mall.

Thanks

Last edited by InvestorTiger; Aug 29, 2013 at 1:49 am
Old Aug 29, 2013, 2:33 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
It takes 15 Minutes to reach Ampang Park LRT- look for LRT entrance- its next to the burger king and after entering the gates take the right escalator to reach the platform. it wont make sense to take cab separately from KL Sentral cost wise- as it would end up being about the same if you were to take a direct cab from KLIA/LCCT. It might help you with time saving a bit though. Its not much of a mall yet- it is just a collection of restaurants. Pavillion is a large mall with substantial shopping and dining options.
Hope this helps.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by InvestorTiger
Hi guys,
May I know how long roughly does it take to get from KL Sentral to Ampang Park LRT station? Would it be better to take a cab? Can any experienced forumer provide some instructions on where to go to take the LRT after arriving at KL Sentral? How do I get to the platform where I can take the Kelana jaya Line to Ampang Park station?

I understand from some reviews that DT KL is located within a shopping mall? How does it compare to the Pavilion Mall nearby or the KLCC mall.

Thanks
1. As answered by ashkale, 15 minutes by LRT. Best option there is! Forget about taxi. Taxis in Malaysia are very uncomfortable (mostly), and some are simply rip-offs. Some are downright dishonest.

So to answer your question, no, it's not better to take a cab. It's easy to get to the LRT lane when you reach KL sentral. Don't worry too much. If you can't find it, then ask around. You need to take the escalator (again, as ashkale mentioned).

To deviate from the topic a bit - I guess driving in KL is out of question too because the drivers there have no courtesy AT ALL. Unless you honed your driving skills in Jakarta or KL, forget about driving in Kuala Lumpur.

2. There's simply no comparison between the two malls. Pavilion is a huge shopping complex with many international brands. The same cannot be said about the Intermark.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
So it sounds like the KLIA ekspres to Sentral and then the LRT is the best option for transportation. Has anyone tried the VIP service? Mrs. Deemus and I will be flying into KUL at the beginning of January with at least two large suitcases, and we didn't know if the private car from Sentral was worth it. We'd appreciate any advice!
Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:45 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Deemus7
So it sounds like the KLIA ekspres to Sentral and then the LRT is the best option for transportation. Has anyone tried the VIP service? Mrs. Deemus and I will be flying into KUL at the beginning of January with at least two large suitcases, and we didn't know if the private car from Sentral was worth it. We'd appreciate any advice!
2ppl with 2 large bags = airport budget limo direct from klia. Ask for a budget limousine at the counter just after customs scan. The limo service is cheaper and much less hassle than the klia train if traveling with luggage and more than one pax.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Doubletree Kuala Lumpur Trip Reports and Reviews

I just had a great reward stay (20k points for two nights) at the DT KL. Got upgraded as a Gold to an Exec Room with Exec Lounge access. Good breakfast in the lounge and great evening hors d'oeuvres spread. The lounge also has a great outdoor balcony with an impeccable view of the Patronas Towers.

The hotel pool was very refreshing. Also, the hotel has a bakery-deli called "The Food Store" that does half-off sandwiches and salads after 6pm. There's a very nice grocery under the hotel in the Intermark mall. Quick ten to fifteen minute walk to the Patronas Towers and neighboring mall. Great value for a hotel!
Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:03 am

A short review:

I liked the hotel, it was good value for money. Had lounge access, the lounge is REALLY nice. One of the best. Good quality of food, beer and wine during happy hour. Great service in the lounge.

The rooms are good, however, a collegue of mine who got a suite upgrade had a really humid room, which didn't improved even with aircon usage. He didn't know that his room was actually different to others till the last day, I guess had he comlained about it, he would have gotten a better one.

Won a free Double tree cookie jar at the checkin lottery.

The pool area is nice, but the pool itself is REALLY not deep at all.

Breakfast is decent, with a lot of choices, taste is good but not awesome.

Would stay again, yes.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 7:09 pm

What is the typical taxi fare from the hotel back to the airport, assuming the driver does not use the meter? I have an early flight out and would consider alternatives to taking the LRT to KL Sentral for the 28-min train ride.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 12:08 am

Hi guys,

For 4000 points and 30 plus US dollars, is Cash and Points a better option for reward stay? Pardon my ignorance but do you actually have to print out a reward certificate from the confirmation email for a reward stay? I have not had a reward stay before and I appreciate advice on how to book a reward stay?
Old Sep 2, 2013, 12:18 am

Cash and points reward is the better deal for me. No need to print anything out. Your reservation will be inthe asystem and the check in agent will only need your name and passport to get you checked in.

to redeem your points, you will need to be logged in to your hhonors account. Search for hotels like you normally would on hilton.com. Tick the use hhonors points option while searching for hotels on hilton.com.

Wish you an enjoyable stay. The dtkl is one of my favourite hotels. Don't forget to ask for more doubletree cookies!
Old Sep 2, 2013, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Just Another Diamond
Cash and points reward is the better deal for me. No need to print anything out. Your reservation will be inthe asystem and the check in agent will only need your name and passport to get you checked in.

to redeem your points, you will need to be logged in to your hhonors account. Search for hotels like you normally would on hilton.com. Tick the use hhonors points option while searching for hotels on hilton.com.

Wish you an enjoyable stay. The dtkl is one of my favourite hotels. Don't forget to ask for more doubletree cookies!

Thanks for the reply and clarification. I do agree with you that Cash and Points seems like the better deal.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 12:38 am

Just another question. The cancellation policy for this hotel seems to be up till 4pm check in day as described in rate rules. Is that the cancellation policy? How does one modify or cancel an award stay? Please once again pardon my ignorance. I am a new HH Gold member so I am unfamiliar with this.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
What is the typical taxi fare from the hotel back to the airport, assuming the driver does not use the meter? I have an early flight out and would consider alternatives to taking the LRT to KL Sentral for the 28-min train ride.
If it's a slow period, ie the taxi drivers are just all standing around in front of the hotel, you should easily get it for 80 Ringgit. Depends on your skills of negotiating, might get even lower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.