Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 1:52 am

Great Hotel and Lovely Staff

I booked as an HHonors Diamond an executive suite on points and that was what I got. Great big room with lounge and work area. I was on the same floor as the Executive Lounge which is easily the second best lounge I have ever been in (Ritz Carlton Buckhead even from 14 years ago still wins). What makes it special is the view from the outside area. You could sit there all day and all night. And for at least two hours they bring you glasses of great red wine (the Eye Spy Shiraz was delicious).

Special note of the service of Keith in the Executive Lounge. My every transport need was attended to with a list of choices........however all the staff in the Lounge and the ones I spoke to downstairs went out of their way to be helpful and the hotel was really busy as the Malaysian Golf Open was on and all the players etc. were staying.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Booked 5 nights at this hotel for June. 40K HHonors points was an absolute steal, and I suppose it's one of the few good things that came from the "enhancements" of the program. By judging the pictures the place looks very nice, and I'm much looking forward to trying it out.

Does anybody know if they upgrade HHonors Gold members to the executive floor on award stays?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
They are very good here, and you will love the property! If they have space they definetly upgrade. Exec lounge has a great view of Pet. Towers. Great lounge, service and full spread of apps...
Good Buffet restaraunt at the property as well, it is very extensive.

I do believe this is the best 10k spent in the Hilton chain!(even better at 5 nights) Usually, I stay at Hilton Sentral, but on personal stays using points this is a steal. Even regular price for rooms here is very good.

Originally Posted by LH4116
Booked 5 nights at this hotel for June. 40K HHonors points was an absolute steal, and I suppose it's one of the few good things that came from the "enhancements" of the program. By judging the pictures the place looks very nice, and I'm much looking forward to trying it out.

Does anybody know if they upgrade HHonors Gold members to the executive floor on award stays?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
Originally Posted by shawntobi
They are very good here, and you will love the property! If they have space they definetly upgrade. Exec lounge has a great view of Pet. Towers. Great lounge, service and full spread of apps...

I do believe this is the best 10k spent in the Hilton chain!(even better at 5 nights) Usually, I stay at Hilton Sentral, but on personal stays using points this is a steal. Even regular price for rooms here is very good.
I am gold member here. If i booked three award rooms, two for my parents and parents-in law, do we all get gold benefit? thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:51 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980
I am gold member here. If i booked three award rooms, two for my parents and parents-in law, do we all get gold benefit? thanks!
The free breakfast strictly speaking only extends to the first room (and only two people) -- some properties have been generous historically, but my anecdotal experience is that that is becoming less the norm now. All should get free internet however (which would be difficult to police anyhow, unless they had a 'per device' policy).

tb
Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shawntobi
That's very reassuring to hear. How is their policy on eating the breakfast in the restaurant instead of the lounge? Heard many good things about the buffet, some even referring to it as spectacular. So with that in mind one would much rather try it out over the lounge.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by trueblu
The free breakfast strictly speaking only extends to the first room (and only two people) -- some properties have been generous historically, but my anecdotal experience is that that is becoming less the norm now. All should get free internet however (which would be difficult to police anyhow, unless they had a 'per device' policy).

tb
at 10k a night, we should just be happy with 1 room benefit as stated. If they extend to other rooms great, but dont count on that. It isnt part of HH benefits, so if you get lucky maybe more! Also, only 1 room should get Lounge access, unless they are feeling generous....

The Lobby breakfast here is very good, but the lounge is nice as well.
Old May 4, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Can anyone confirm that if you book the basic room via reward (either 10,000 points or 4,000 + 106 RM) and you have Gold status, you can expect to be granted Executive Lounge access, even if you are not upgraded to an Executive Room (ie. are just bumped up to "Deluxe")?

Thanks!
Old May 20, 2013, 12:57 am
Used to be highman123

I really enjoyed my stay here.

This hotel is a fantastic find not just because it's such good value but also because it's just an awesome city hotel. It's similar to the Hyatt Regency ShaTin, Hong Kong but the Doubletree is in a much better location and the service level is just so much better here. If you'd like to see how a city hotel should look like, come here

I posted a review incl. pictures on MightyTravels

http://www.mightytravels.com/1323275...pur_review.php
Old Jun 2, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I want to chime in on how good the staff is here at the DT KL. Knew before arriving my reservation had been upgraded to a suite. Very nice and spacious. The way the Hotel sits it is in a very dense area with at least three large buildings around it. This presents a challenge if you want the full on P T view. The way I see it only a very small percentage of rooms or suites have the full on view. You would think suites would have nice views but they have little to no advantage over any other room. That being said the staff is exceptional in trying to fulfill customer wishes. Exceptional!
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:19 pm

Hi, anyone been there recently? How is the treatment for Gold members like? Can anyone provide instructions on how to get to the property?

I understand that its pretty near to a particular LRT station... I need to know if there is a covered walkway path to the DT from the LRT station? As in is it easy to walk from the station to the entrance of the hotel.. Thanks

Last edited by InvestorTiger; Aug 15, 2013 at 6:30 pm
Old Aug 15, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by InvestorTiger
Hi, anyone been there recently? How is the treatment for Gold members like? Can anyone provide instructions on how to get to the property?

I understand that its pretty near to a particular LRT station... I need to know if there is a covered walkway path to the DT from the LRT station? As in is it easy to walk from the station to the entrance of the hotel.. Thanks
Given that you arriving at KL Sentral. Take Kelana Jaya Line to Ampang Park Station. From there, its maybe between 8-10minutes in covered pathway to the hotel.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by InvestorTiger
Hi, anyone been there recently? How is the treatment for Gold members like?
Personally I thought the Gold treatment was exquisite. Sent up to Lounge to check in, very relaxed experience. Super-friendly, highly professional staff, many of whom would address you by name whenever you were served. On check-in I was asked a few personal details, such as my favourite drink, and staff in the EL would recall that info on serving me. Was provided with facemasks on check-in, as I stayed during the smog. Offered a few complimentary pieces of laundry per day (I forget how many). EL has partial view of Petronas Towers with viewing balcony. Spirits and beers on offer, with five hot dishes during happy hour, typically at least one Indian, one Malaysian and one Chinese - plus canapes, cheese, the works. Full breakfast downstairs was excellent.

And only 10,000 points per night - it's a steal! I hope to return early next year as Diamond this time.

You'll have a ball!
Old Aug 23, 2013, 5:51 pm

If you like or need western groceries, they recently opened a great grocery store in the basement of the building, the largest variety that I have found in Malaysia.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 6:04 pm

Hi, I checked some of the dates and there is no availability for the King bed guest room...

Am I allowed to book the twin bed room(either paid or rewards) and expect/request to get an upgrade to executive king bed room since HH Gold members are eligible for upgrade. Is this generally accepted at other hotels also? The basis King guest rooms are sometimes not available for booking. Is it acceptable to book a twin bed guest room and email the hotel to change it or include it in the remarks of a change to King bed guest room instead.

Would appreciate any inputs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.