Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2022, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Stayed here for 1 night on my unintentional "tour" of DoubleTrees in the KL area, paying an advance purchase rate of about MYR357/£66 a night. I booked a standard king and was upgraded to an executive king. A bit of a meaningless upgrade really but there we go. I'm fairly sure that was the same upgrade I had as a Gold a few years ago.

The room

I was originally given a room on the 33rd floor but there was am intermittent rumbling noise (like thunder but not thunder) possibly due to an AC plant machine next to the room. Anyway I moved down a floor. The rooms are passable here but they're going to need a refurbishment fairly soon IMO. The bed was a little firm for my liking but the shower water pressure was good. Still using the small bottle amenities. There was a fruit and cake plate in my room when I arrived.

The Lounge

The lounge is open from 0600-2000 with a evening buffet between 1730-1930 serving hot and cold food. The night I was there they had noodles (although they had ran out because I went late) and the standard deep fried lounge snacks. There were also sandwiches and cheese etc. They had wine (two types each of red and white), beer and spirits. The wine and beer were self serve but I think the spirits might have been hidden away on request. There was a small cocktail menu and it seems they did cocktails on request too. Hot and cold drinks were available throughout the day with basic snacks like bombay mix and crisps/potato chips and cookies.

Lounge nothing to write home about tbh.

Breakfast

A great spread of what you'd expect - Malay, Chinese and Western. I like to request a cheese roti when eating breakfast and they managed it. Quality overall seemed good. They also serve breakfast in the lounge but I ate in Makkan Kitchen.

Conclusion
Overall a good stay but I think I'd stay elsewhere next time - and not necessarily at the Hilton KL either.

Last edited by Schwann; Dec 7, 2022 at 3:14 am
Old May 16, 2023, 2:19 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Terrace Suites ?

Are they worth the upgrade @ RM800+/night ? and are all of them similar or are some larger than others ?
Old Jul 9, 2023, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
June 2023 stay

I spent three nights here back in June. This was my fourth time staying at this hotel (first time since the pandemic).
As in the past, I had an enjoyable stay. The location is excellent and if you need to buy something during your stay, the attached shopping mall has pretty much everything you could need.
The only upgrade offered was to a room on the executive floor.
I have always found the staff at this hotel friendly and willing to help in any way requested.
The breakfast in the main restaurant is as extensive as I remember from my previous stays. They no longer have separate seating for Diamonds, but funny enough, they put a "Hilton Diamond" sign on my table, but I guess made me feel special, haha.
I did visit the executive lounge on two of my three evenings at the hotel and as was mentioned above, the first night it was rather overrun with families with children, but on my second visit was much quieter and "more executive" feeling.
I'll attach pictures of the food spread. Wine and Beer are self serve and cocktails can be requested (see menu). I thought the food offerings were great during both visits.

Considering how reasonable this hotel is, cost-wise, I will definitely stay during my next visit to KL.

Cocktails can be requested

kevino likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 1:39 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
just a data point but Executive Lounge now closes at 730pm (ie after cocktail hour). Was allowed up to 8pm while they were setting the place up for Bfast
kevino likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 11:21 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
The Executive Lounge now serves afternoon tea from 2pm to 4pm (they started in October last year as per the staff). They have 2 kinds of sweets (cakes) and scones.

Today in the Exec. Lounge during evening cocktails, some of the guests including us were sent down to Axis Lounge as the lounge was full. They had about 4 hot dishes, desserts and sandwiches, as well as wines and beers.
kevino likes this.

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Feb 19, 2024 at 6:37 am
Old Feb 19, 2024, 7:47 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
We stayed 4 nights here and on the last day, during breakfast at Makan Kitchen, we were given as diamond, cocktail spring rolls and glasses of kombucha tea. Funny thing was I was not on the table when it was served and my partner did not hear the staff well what she was serving. So I drank the kombucha without knowing what it was. At least, I got to try the kombucha today for the first time
Old Feb 20, 2024, 9:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm on a long stay here at the moment. Nothing too much has changed since my last visit. Possibly the most relevant data point I can contribute is that the lounge remains excellent considering that it's a Doubletree hotel that generally costs around 400 MYR all in. They do a nice smoked salmon eggs benedict for breakfast, tasty warm scones and cream in the afternoon, and some decent food and canapés in the evening. The current staff are very nice too. I go to the Makan kitchen for my fix of lean protein, but I don't find it much fun these days. It always seems to be crowded, and rather dark inside. Nor have I yet discerned any benefit to having the diamond placard placed on my table, unlike the previous poster! Overall though, the DT remains a good solid option for the money. Has anyone found a laundry in the vicinity, by the way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.