Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2021, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by coolbeans202
When I booked my March 2022 week, I noticed that the final day on the calendar would show at the saver rate at around 9am ET but wouldn't be bookable until sometime between 1030 and 1pm ET. It really varied. I also noticed that sometimes nothing would get released over the weekend and then several days would be available on Monday (this was not always the case). I would not be at all shocked to learn that someone manually releases inventory, and they do it whenever they get around to it.
The only thing I have found consistent about Hilton releasing award space is the inconsistency.

TD

Last edited by Traveler Dave; May 16, 2021 at 1:03 pm
Old May 20, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hated to do this but just couldn't make the dates work - I just gave up June 7-11 (also saw June 2-6 available) if anyone is looking for standard night availability!
Old May 21, 2021, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Can I ask where you heard this? Have a June 15th flight LAX-PPT. Still shows active.

Thanks
TD
A couple of updates... The resort has been experiencing occupancy rates in the 20% +/- range. This is not great but is in line with expectations.

Also, yesterday Air France cancelled all flights to and from Papeete until the first week of July which is no surprise as the bookings were dismal.

The other interesting information (unconfirmed but from a reliable source) is that Conrad Bora Bora is eyeing Q2 of 2022 for conversion to Waldorf Astoria. With that pools would be added to another 20 - 24 OWV and several of the villas on the hill will be expanded to two bedroom villas. The longer term plan is also for some of the OWV (perhaps 335-341 - which were not fully remodeled from the Hilton conversion in 2017) to be connected in pairs to give the option for these overwater Villas to be configured as two bedroom OWV. This construction is set to start soon and continue through next year.
ehao8848 and pzpa like this.
Old May 21, 2021, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
A couple of updates... The resort has been experiencing occupancy rates in the 20% +/- range. This is not great but is in line with expectations.

Also, yesterday Air France cancelled all flights to and from Papeete until the first week of July which is no surprise as the bookings were dismal.

The other interesting information (unconfirmed but from a reliable source) is that Conrad Bora Bora is eyeing Q2 of 2022 for conversion to Waldorf Astoria. With that pools would be added to another 20 - 24 OWV and several of the villas on the hill will be expanded to two bedroom villas. The longer term plan is also for some of the OWV (perhaps 335-341 - which were not fully remodeled from the Hilton conversion in 2017) to be connected in pairs to give the option for these overwater Villas to be configured as two bedroom OWV. This construction is set to start soon and continue through next year.
Thanks for the update.

As an FYI, just check AF website my June 15th and June 17th (backup plan) flights LAX to PPT are still listed as active. Wonder when AF plans to tell me they have been canceled?

Would love to see the WA upgrades. Would not like to be there when they are going on. Sounds like a lot of hammering.

TD
Old May 21, 2021, 11:44 am

Thanks for the update.

As an FYI, just check AF website my June 15th and June 17th (backup plan) flights LAX to PPT are still listed as active. Wonder when AF plans to tell me they have been canceled?

Would love to see the WA upgrades. Would not like to be there when they are going on. Sounds like a lot of hammering.

TD
AF just update my June reservations as canceled. My July 7th PPT to LAX is still active.

Old May 21, 2021, 7:40 pm

Need some advice.

AF just canceled my flights for my trip starting June 17. I went to cancel my Conrad reservation that start June 17 for two weeks. The reservations show they are less than 30 days from now and are non-refundable. I have never seen a 30-cancelation period for Conrad. I attempted a booing just now for a stay beginning June 17th and it shows I can cancel up to June 10th. I called Hilton 800# can they said they could not cancel the reservations...and get this, the reservation is guaranteed with a credit card and if I fail to show up I will be changed a no-show fee?!? ‘I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told it would be a few minutes. 30 minutes later listening to on hold music and no supervisor.

Any thoughts on next steps to take?

Thanks
TD
Old May 21, 2021, 8:07 pm

Need some advice.

AF just canceled my flights for my trip starting June 17. I went to cancel my Conrad reservation that start June 17 for two weeks. The reservations show they are less than 30 days from now and are non-refundable. I have never seen a 30-cancelation period for Conrad. I attempted a booing just now for a stay beginning June 17th and it shows I can cancel up to June 10th. I called Hilton 800# can they said they could not cancel the reservations...and get this, the reservation is guaranteed with a credit card and if I fail to show up I will be changed a no-show fee?!? ‘I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told it would be a few minutes. 30 minutes later listening to on hold music and no supervisor.

Thanks
TD
while it was back in November, I had a similar concern and reached out to the Conrad directly prior to my stay. They agreed to honor a 24 hour policy for anything related to covid. I would think there is an arguement that Air France cancelled due to covid. While my trip ended up happening and I didn’t have to see how it played out, I would reach out to the hotel directly. In my experience lately, the Hilton corporate customer service is a nightmare. The Conrad understands the situation day in and day out. Give it a go with them. I wish you luck and ask that you keep us posted!
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 8:42 pm

Need some advice.

Thanks
TD
You will be allowed to cancel without penalty as the flight cancelation was due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Contact Hilton Escalations or the Conrad Bora Bora Nui in house reservations and they will cancel for you. FYI: It will be considered a 'late cancel' so you will not get a cancel confirmation number but the reservation will disappear from the system.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old May 23, 2021, 11:00 am

Yikes at the substantial devaluation for hilton diamond/gold with recent brand-wide changes in breakfast benefits. Instead of complimentary breakfast for two, guests will now get daily $25 F&B credits towards their stay. Even if credit is for 2 (not certain that this is the case?), that would cover less than half the cost of breakfast for two at Conrad Bora Bora, leading to a non-trivial increase in expenses at the end of a multi-night stay. Bummer
Old May 23, 2021, 11:03 am

I may be mistaken but I thought the recent announcement of no complimentary breakfast benefit is temporary thru the end of the year, but also only for properties in the United States?
Old May 23, 2021, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by KRUXED
I may be mistaken but I thought the recent announcement of no complimentary breakfast benefit is temporary thru the end of the year, but also only for properties in the United States?
Yes, currently only applies to US properties.
Old May 23, 2021, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by pzpa
Yes, currently only applies to US properties.
My Sunday is improved - thank you for pointing this out.
Mae Zieg likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 9:28 am

Added 2 nights at the Four Seasons at the beginning of the trip to my existing reservation at the Conrad. For those stayed at 2 different resorts during one trip - how did you transfer from one resort to the other? The airport transfer is included in the resort fee at the Four Seasons so I am just thinking about scheduling a pick up time with the Conrad, going back from the Four Seasons to the airport and taking the boat to the Conrad. Has anyone done anything similar?
Old May 26, 2021, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by pzpa
Added 2 nights at the Four Seasons at the beginning of the trip to my existing reservation at the Conrad. For those stayed at 2 different resorts during one trip - how did you transfer from one resort to the other? The airport transfer is included in the resort fee at the Four Seasons so I am just thinking about scheduling a pick up time with the Conrad, going back from the Four Seasons to the airport and taking the boat to the Conrad. Has anyone done anything similar?
I would consider doing a water excursion and having the boat drop you off at the Conrad when the excursion is over.
pzpa and Traveler Dave like this.
Old May 26, 2021, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by brodielayne
I would consider doing a water excursion and having the boat drop you off at the Conrad when the excursion is over.

Agreed. It will be much less than a direct hotel transfer and you get a little fun time on the water.

TD
pzpa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.