Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: DL, WoH
I've been checking for standard awards at this property and can NEVER find any. I'm doing a 6 night stay at either this property or Moorea. Is this one of those property I have to search night by night?
Old Jun 8, 2021, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by ricohitman
I've been checking for standard awards at this property and can NEVER find any. I'm doing a 6 night stay at either this property or Moorea. Is this one of those property I have to search night by night?
Yes, it requires daily (or even more often) checking, in particular if you want several nights together for particular dates.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by yakel
Yes, it requires daily (or even more often) checking, in particular if you want several nights together for particular dates.
What I meant was checking the award availability PER day. Not checking FOR awards daily.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 12:01 pm

Gotcha. Answer is still yes; select flexible dates, one night stay, and then the whole month should pop up and that will give you an idea of the sequential available days, etc.
coolbeans202 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Cynapse
No, no June release yet. June looks the same as May the day before yesterday. Though I could see June before today, I definitely saw the first several days this weekend showing that same "Sold Out" status. If they do it the same it'll just all get released at once. Though with May they did release the first week before the rest and I believe it was around mid-month, so keep an eye out.
Thanks for the info.

As an FYI the Hilton properties on Tahiti and Moorea have June 2022 through the 8th available. Just not the Conrad BB. Thanks Hilton for the consistent inconsistency.

TD
Cynapse likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 12:37 pm

Gotcha. Answer is still yes; select flexible dates, one night stay, and then the whole month should pop up and that will give you an idea of the sequential available days, etc.
This is the way.

And yeah, reinforcing you have to check multiple times daily, throughout the year in order to secure dates for Conrad BB in particular, and Moorea isn't far behind. This can take a very, very long time and is usually an arduous task. They make you earn it.

Your best best at Moorea is booking exactly 1 year out and getting the day as it is released. Then once you have it compiled into 5 consecutive days, you have to call Hilton and have them release the nights (always a scary prospect) and then rebook them as 5 in a row so you can get 4 nights with the 5th night free. Unfortunately Conrad BB does a random release and you never know when it'll be (case in point with May 2022, they released 1 week in mid-May, then none for the remainder of the month and then yesterday June 7th they released the remainder of May.
ricohitman and Traveler Dave like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 1:03 pm

This is the way.

And yeah, reinforcing you have to check multiple times daily, throughout the year in order to secure dates for Conrad BB in particular, and Moorea isn't far behind. This can take a very, very long time and is usually an arduous task. They make you earn it.

Your best best at Moorea is booking exactly 1 year out and getting the day as it is released. Then once you have it compiled into 5 consecutive days, you have to call Hilton and have them release the nights (always a scary prospect) and then rebook them as 5 in a row so you can get 4 nights with the 5th night free. Unfortunately Conrad BB does a random release and you never know when it'll be (case in point with May 2022, they released 1 week in mid-May, then none for the remainder of the month and then yesterday June 7th they released the remainder of May.
You're not kidding. That IS arduous. I have been doing it wrong then. I was searching for all 6 nights at once. Ugh, I have to decide if this is worth the hassle. I'm guessing people are booking standard awards, then inquiring about price to upgrade to OWB?
Old Jun 8, 2021, 1:06 pm

Agreed, it shouldn't be this hard, but the reality is that it is, particularly for Conrad BB.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 1:12 pm

You're not kidding. That IS arduous. I have been doing it wrong then. I was searching for all 6 nights at once. Ugh, I have to decide if this is worth the hassle. I'm guessing people are booking standard awards, then inquiring about price to upgrade to OWB?
i actually don’t mind the extra work. If it were easy everyone would be doing it.

But I can say this vacation has been the most work I have ever done...

I had a great three week trip planned for June/July 2020. All miles/cert stays with business class on AF using miles. Because of Covid everything was canceled. I managed to re-do the trip for 2021. Then Air France cancels our air a couple weeks ago. So now I am back to the re-booking for the Summer of 2022. Here’s hoping third time is the charm!

TD
Old Jun 8, 2021, 1:13 pm

Yes, I emailed the hotel directly about paid upgrades as soon as I made the reservation and upgraded just a couple days later.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 1:31 pm

And then there's the effort to find business/first class tickets on awards to Tahiti/Moorea/BB; that's another huge effort. But for those of us that have pulled it off, when you step foot there, it's paradise and well worth the effort.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 2:34 pm

And then there's the effort to find business/first class tickets on awards to Tahiti/Moorea/BB; that's another huge effort. But for those of us that have pulled it off, when you step foot there, it's paradise and well worth the effort.
I'm actually less worried about the business class award tickets. I have managed flexibility for that, but I'm more concerned about chopping off my arm for the amount of hilton points to book a premium room if there are no standard awards available for the dates I need.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
i actually don’t mind the extra work. If it were easy everyone would be doing it.

But I can say this vacation has been the most work I have ever done...

I had a great three week trip planned for June/July 2020. All miles/cert stays with business class on AF using miles. Because of Covid everything was canceled. I managed to re-do the trip for 2021. Then Air France cancels our air a couple weeks ago. So now I am back to the re-booking for the Summer of 2022. Here’s hoping third time is the charm!

TD
A fair point regarding availability. I have a lot of time to refresh webpages, I do it for many daily already so I just add it to my repertoire, lol. We are in the same boat regarding Covid cancelling 2020 and 2021 and now rebooking a 3rd time. Your task is much more challenging since your trip length is 3x mine and you're dealing with airlines. I'm probably just going to pay for Premium Econ and call it a day.
Traveler Dave and totoropanda like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 9:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, IHG, Hyatt
I hear you there. I didn’t check as early as I normally do and it probably cost me. I have Moorea booked May 14-19 2022 and could have booked Conrad for the 5 days prior but I really want to go to BB after Moorea, not the other way around, and am willing to pay for the difference in 3 nights since I was still able to get 2 on points. Just means a year of hunting since they’ll probably open at some point.

My plan was to actually do Bora Bora first and then Moorea. I dont think I want to deal with the anticipation of being in Moorea and looking forward to BB. I feel that looking forward to something makes time go faster and u enjoy it less XD... so i want to fully enjoy Moorea with no pressure, just to wind down from the trip.

I was going to build an itinerary on whatever dates I could get on CBB, so now I have to find availabilities for Moorea May 16/17- 20. I actually randomly hold May 19, so I would pay for the rest if need be. I take it that you dont plan to release those nights at all ? that would leave me with one other person in the world holding the nights I need.

Anybody wanna trade Moorea May 23-27 for May 16-20 let me know XD.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 8:58 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
And then there's the effort to find business/first class tickets on awards to Tahiti/Moorea/BB
I can only speak for myself but personally, I don't mind flying Y to Tahiti from the west coast, for the following reasons:

1) At least as of 2 years ago, J products were mediocre while redemption rate was high, so not a good value.
2) It's a short flight as far as long haul goes, a little over 8hr I believe.
3) I don't mind a cramped day in the air when I have a week of paradise on the ground.
4) I live in CA, so the west coast departure is convenient.

I flew Y 2 years ago and it was surprisingly not terrible (it was my 1st long haul Y in many years).
mharlan100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.