Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2021, 2:33 pm

Gap in availability?

We have 5 nights booked on points in September at the Conrad, unfortunately not all 5 nights are together. We have three night then there is a night where points availability is over $1 million points, then two more points night. We’ve been watching for better availability on that day for six months, but it’s only gotten worse. The cash price would be $1200. There is also not points availability at the IHG or Marriott brands. What is the best and most economical decision when factoring in transportation costs between hotels? Would it make sense to try to find somewhere basic on the main island? Thanks!
Old May 26, 2021, 4:15 pm

Personally, my thought would be that it can't hurt to email the hotel and ask for some assistance. The worst they can say is you have to pay the cash rate.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 7:45 pm

I just released a 1 night and 2 nights awards in Sept and they are back in inventory immediately. Good luck grabbing those nights.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 9:01 am

As a Diamond member, what upgrade should I expect from the king garden view suite that I booked with points? 3-night stay at the end of April 2022.

From what I understand, this is a room in a building with a few rooms, more like a motel?

I was thinking of asking for an upgrade to King Horizon View Pool villa. The view looks great. Is this a better bet than a garden view pool villa? I like being close to the beach and the Horizon villas seem like a bit of a trek.

Any tip much appreciated, thanks
Old Jun 6, 2021, 6:30 pm

Expecting an upgrade at any property can be a recipe for unhappiness. There are few places were this is more true than the Conrad Bora Bora. They seem to go through phases in which they will make upgrades and periods when they will not. The best advice, as always is: do not book in a room category you would not be happy to stay in. Even if you see that there are more desirable room types available for purchase when you check in, that does not mean they are available for complimentary upgrade. When it comes to making rooms available for upgrade (paid or otherwise) most properties combine recommendations from revenue managements software with what the hotel's managers feel like doing.
Xyzzy, coolbeans202, pzpa and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Mae Zieg
As a Diamond member, what upgrade should I expect from the king garden view suite that I booked with points? 3-night stay at the end of April 2022.

From what I understand, this is a room in a building with a few rooms, more like a motel?

I was thinking of asking for an upgrade to King Horizon View Pool villa. The view looks great. Is this a better bet than a garden view pool villa? I like being close to the beach and the Horizon villas seem like a bit of a trek.

For the next 2 years it’s best to go with the mentality of no upgrade on your stay. With the demand for travel at an all time high people are going to be filling resorts left and right. Plus with the 2 promos Hilton ran (double nights in 2020 and half required nights in 2021) plus Diamond from credit card there are going to be a lot of Diamonds until after 2022.

If you must have an upgrade take the NORAD offer from the app
Old Jun 7, 2021, 8:12 am

Conrad just released all of May 2022 to the calendar, just an FYI.

Unfortunately someone beat me to a few of the days I need for May 2022 but I was able to secure 2 night I needed at least.

Good luck!
Old Jun 7, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mae Zieg

Upgrades are never guaranteed so expecting one may leave you disappointed. Even paid upgrades at check-in might not be available if the resort is at capacity so if there is another room type you want, I'd do what I could to secure it ahead of time.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Conrad just released all of May 2022 to the calendar, just an FYI.

Unfortunately someone beat me to a few of the days I need for May 2022 but I was able to secure 2 night I needed at least.

Good luck!
Thank you!
I just wonder do they actually open the all of May? I also secured some spots, however, couldn't make 5 night reservations in row since there was not award room between every 2 or 3 days.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Jin Su Ham
Thank you!
I just wonder do they actually open the all of May? I also secured some spots, however, couldn't make 5 night reservations in row since there was not award room between every 2 or 3 days.
I think they did. They actually released the first week of May 2022 like, 3 weeks ago or so iirc. When I checked this morning around 7:00am Pacific time I saw probably 12-15 available awards nights spread throughout May that were open at 89,000 points. There were some 5 day blocks available but weren't on the timing I needed so I had to pass them up.

Last edited by Cynapse; Jun 7, 2021 at 2:41 pm
Old Jun 7, 2021, 4:13 pm

If someone has week of may 8th or 22th, let me know! Would love to book a week here!
Old Jun 7, 2021, 10:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, IHG, Hyatt
I have been checking religiously for 3 weeks now for our anniversary trip and today was the only day i wasnt checking religiously, and of course, they released all of May today .

Still managed to grab 5th night free from May 8-13; but what Im really looking for is May 15-20 ... Since I have Hilton Moorea from May 23-27.
Had to pick a series of dates for Moorea first since they were released earlier, this totally screws up my plans... stupid hilton decides to change their system THIS month.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by linaseta
I have been checking religiously for 3 weeks now for our anniversary trip and today was the only day i wasnt checking religiously, and of course, they released all of May today .

Still managed to grab 5th night free from May 8-13; but what Im really looking for is May 15-20 ... Since I have Hilton Moorea from May 23-27.
Had to pick a series of dates for Moorea first since they were released earlier, this totally screws up my plans... stupid hilton decides to change their system THIS month.
I hear you there. I didn’t check as early as I normally do and it probably cost me. I have Moorea booked May 14-19 2022 and could have booked Conrad for the 5 days prior but I really want to go to BB after Moorea, not the other way around, and am willing to pay for the difference in 3 nights since I was still able to get 2 on points. Just means a year of hunting since they’ll probably open at some point.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 8:17 am

Did they release any June 2022 yesterday? Day before you could not look at June. Now it shows this....

Old Jun 8, 2021, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Did they release any June 2022 yesterday? Day before you could not look at June. Now it shows this....
No, no June release yet. June looks the same as May the day before yesterday. Though I could see June before today, I definitely saw the first several days this weekend showing that same "Sold Out" status. If they do it the same it'll just all get released at once. Though with May they did release the first week before the rest and I believe it was around mid-month, so keep an eye out.
Traveler Dave likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.