Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2021, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by fls114
Well, looks like United just cancelled our flight from SFO to PPT :-(.
So now unsure if we will switch airlines or just scrap all together.
I believe when United rearranged their April schedule they committed additional 787-900s to their Asia Pacific route rotation through May 4th therefore their schedule has SFO-PPT and back resuming on May 6th when equipment is available. This is usually pretty typical for United. I would expect TN to be a good bet for Tuesday and Friday LAX-PPT operation. FrenchBee and Air France are more questionable as their resumption of U.S. flights will be dependent on Europeans being able to enter and connect through U.S. airports.

Last edited by FleyeSkyHigh; Mar 8, 2021 at 8:01 pm
Old Mar 8, 2021, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Your trip was mid-May?

Tahiti looks to be cloaked til at least March 15th (Also, the authorities of French Polynesia have declared a state of health emergencywith the application of reinforced measures through March 15, 2021) though most hotels have closed until April 1st.

Anyone know why flights in May are being canceled?

Still hoping my mid-June trip can still happen.

Thanks
TD
The only new cancellations for May were two United flights for the first week of May.

f I had to right now quantify your chances of making a holiday to FP in June I would put them at greater than 80% (of course subject to change based on what happens with the virus numbers in Europe and U.S.). The other important question is which resorts will open with the country (I think the Conrad and IHGs def will, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Four Season, Pearl Resorts and St. Regis lag a couple weeks following the open). The Pearls on Bora Bora and Ta'haa are not opening until May 1st at the earliest although they did stay open later than most (until Feb 15th) and they ended up taking in the few guests from other 5-star resorts that opted to stay as long as they could in the country without getting stuck or overstaying. Keep in mind that the FP Gov't (backed by Paris) are subsidizing the resort operators during the closures so there is monetary incentive for the government to open back up but for the many people I know in hospitality in FP right now that live and work in the society islands its back to a coconut and fish diet as imports of normal food are scarce.

I would also say that Air France and French Bee flights are highly questionable for Americans in May and June at this point as they will not be operated via U.S. if European travel to the States remains restricted.

Last edited by FleyeSkyHigh; Mar 8, 2021 at 8:01 pm
Old Mar 10, 2021, 11:18 am

Award Availability Timeframe

I am looking to plan our honeymoon here for May 2022. I know that it is too early to book award rooms right now for this timeframe but was just wondering when standard award availability is usually released? Is it generally better to book 1 night for 89k points as they are released and then have them combine the reservations to get the 5th night free? Thank you!!
Old Mar 10, 2021, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by MN201
I am looking to plan our honeymoon here for May 2022. I know that it is too early to book award rooms right now for this timeframe but was just wondering when standard award availability is usually released? Is it generally better to book 1 night for 89k points as they are released and then have them combine the reservations to get the 5th night free? Thank you!!
Yes. If you wait until all 5 days have been released on points there is a good chance one or all of the first 4 nights will be gone.

TD
Old Mar 11, 2021, 4:05 pm

Previous post deleted. Sounds like FP (including the Conrad and others) will be closed to tourism until May 1st now.

Last edited by FleyeSkyHigh; Mar 12, 2021 at 4:34 pm
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Yes. If you wait until all 5 days have been released on points there is a good chance one or all of the first 4 nights will be gone.

TD
So I'm sitting on 5 individual nights but when I called to have them combined they said they need to cancel and then rebook. Is that actually true? I'm concerned that the nights won't go back into inventory if I do that but I really would like to take advantage of the 5th night free.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 9:00 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by coolbeans202
So I'm sitting on 5 individual nights but when I called to have them combined they said they need to cancel and then rebook. Is that actually true? I'm concerned that the nights won't go back into inventory if I do that but I really would like to take advantage of the 5th night free.
Yes, this is true. Cancel at your own risk.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 9:16 pm

I did this recently, it showed right away and was able to rebook at 5 nights. Another option i heard is reaching out to the hotel directly, perhaps they can do it?
coolbeans202 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by totoropanda
I did this recently, it showed right away and was able to rebook at 5 nights. Another option i heard is reaching out to the hotel directly, perhaps they can do it?
The 2nd is my preferred method. I don’t like risking the chance the nights don’t come back. But I have released and had them come back immediately.

TD
Old Mar 19, 2021, 8:04 am

Hi All,

I am Marriott Titanium but newly a Hilton Diamond flirting with the brand.

I am currently booked to stay at the St Regis Bora Bora in late May for our honeymoon but would like to add 5 nights at the Conrad Bora Bora after the St Regis. I'm having a hard time finding availability at 89K points per night at the Conrad. My preferred dates are May 28th - June 2nd (5 Nights).

When does the Conrad release standard availability? what are my chances to book closer to my stay?

Does anyone have a reservation booked on points at this time that they are not looking to use? If so please DM me. I know many will cancel due to Covid so I am hoping someone has a reservation they can open up where I can book.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by milehighflyer88
Hi All,

I am Marriott Titanium but newly a Hilton Diamond flirting with the brand.

I am currently booked to stay at the St Regis Bora Bora in late May for our honeymoon but would like to add 5 nights at the Conrad Bora Bora after the St Regis. I'm having a hard time finding availability at 89K points per night at the Conrad. My preferred dates are May 28th - June 2nd (5 Nights).

When does the Conrad release standard availability? what are my chances to book closer to my stay?

Does anyone have a reservation booked on points at this time that they are not looking to use? If so please DM me. I know many will cancel due to Covid so I am hoping someone has a reservation they can open up where I can book.
Points night are released a year in advance. Two Summers ago I was able to put together 7 nights on points a few months before the trip. I am pretty sure with Covid there will be cancellations. But can’t say for sure if you will be able to put that together in such a short time.

TD
Old Mar 19, 2021, 7:58 pm

My preferred dates are May 28th - June 2nd (5 Nights).

many will cancel due to Covid .
Just be prepared that with variant strains beginning to spike around the world, there is a chance Tahiti may extend their closed borders to tourism from May 1st to June 1st. They already did for the the month of April. Paris now going into lockdown for a month doesn't help either.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by eye84u
Just be prepared that with variant strains beginning to spike around the world, there is a chance Tahiti may extend their closed borders to tourism from May 1st to June 1st. They already did for the the month of April. Paris now going into lockdown for a month doesn't help either.
Honestly it’s something I am prepared for. We have two backup trips in July (Maldives and Hawaii) in case this falls through. But we have already stayed in the Maldives before.

My thinking was that if Bora Bora is still closed in May, the ST Regis Bora Bora will have to accommodate my very difficult to find award stay and overwater villa upgrade at another date of my choosing. I’ve made them confirm in an email given the upgraded fees are non refundable and they agreed to rebook me to an overwater villa. This way I don’t have to find the award availability again. Not sure how it would work with the Conrad.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 10:30 am

ST Regis Bora Bora will have to accommodate my very difficult to find award stay and overwater villa upgrade at another date of my choosing.
Sorry to say that won’t happen. Best case scenario they refund your $$ and points. But I have never seen them move an award stay. But would love to hear if indeed you are able to accomplish this.

TD
pzpa likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 5:02 pm

Honestly it’s something I am prepared for. We have two backup trips in July (Maldives and Hawaii) in case this falls through. But we have already stayed in the Maldives before.

My thinking was that if Bora Bora is still closed in May, the ST Regis Bora Bora will have to accommodate my very difficult to find award stay and overwater villa upgrade at another date of my choosing. I’ve made them confirm in an email given the upgraded fees are non refundable and they agreed to rebook me to an overwater villa. This way I don’t have to find the award availability again. Not sure how it would work with the Conrad.
I had my honeymoon booked for Conrad Bora Bora with an upgrade to Deluxe overwater villa last year that was cancelled. They had no way to rebook it for 2021 and essentially said if you can rebook the stay we can transfer the upgrade. Essentially said if there is no Award availability they can't do anything about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.