Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by avidchurner
I have Moorea 7th-16th if you are interested.
Definitely! As mentioned also per PM earlier today :-)

For everybody: If it works for me with Moorea MAY (+/-) 7th-12th 2022 / 5n, I can release something from the mentioned:

-- MAR 29-31 & APR 1-4
-- MAY 22-23, MAY 25-27 & MAY 28-29

So we should coordinate here - or per PM not to bother the rest here?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Does cancelling an award night here reliably go back to award inventory? I am trying to coordinate with a friend for 4 nights here using both of our FNCs. It requires both of us calling in, and every second counts. I am wondering if one of us should just book all the nights with points online (fastest), then call in to switch to FNCs from two accounts. Any experience / DPs highly appreciated.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
Does cancelling an award night here reliably go back to award inventory? I am trying to coordinate with a friend for 4 nights here using both of our FNCs. It requires both of us calling in, and every second counts. I am wondering if one of us should just book all the nights with points online (fastest), then call in to switch to FNCs from two accounts. Any experience / DPs highly appreciated.
Hi, well, my person experience is that the released nights do NOT go automatically / immediately back to the inventory. Hence, I would suggest to be extremely careful doing so...

Btw. the Moorea FN I am holding now cannot be simply cancelled by myself (despite the cancellation period of nearly 1y). Apparently, I would need to call HH anyway.
italdesign likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 10:50 am

I think it is hit or miss. Seems that others have experienced the negative side of this where it doesn't go back into inventory right away, but I haven't yet. I've released nights 3 times. Once was on the phone with Diamond line to release 5 individual nights I had booked for 2020, and when released they all went back instantly and I was able to book 4 nights with 5 night free on points. I did the same thing for my 2021 stay as well, same situation and released 5 individual days and booked them all at once to get 5th night free.

As for your question regarding booking on points and swapping to FNCs later, I also released a night at Conrad Midtown in New York and it went back into inventory right away. I wanted to swap it from a points booking to a certificate so you have to release it in order to do that (which still bothers me, seems stupid). It went back into inventory and I rebooked on the phone with Diamond line right away with my free certificate. Bottom line, you can't just "swap" from points to FNC with the Diamond line, you have to release the rooms again. You'd probably be better off doing it all at once instead of chancing doing it twice.
italdesign likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
I little FYI. It does look like the Conrad calendar is being updated daily for June 2022. But unlike Hilton Tahiti/Moorea that has points and cash stays available, the Conrad keeps posting “Sold Out” every day. Curious if anyone has seen this before? I presume it just means they have not opened up June yet? But I don’t recall ever seeing this before.
TD, they released May in this same fashion. Every day showed up one at a time as "sold out" and never showed points/cash rates until they released ALL of them at once a few days ago. Looks to be more of the same this month for June.
pzpa and Traveler Dave like this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 1:12 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Cynapse
TD, they released May in this same fashion. Every day showed up one at a time as "sold out" and never showed points/cash rates until they released ALL of them at once a few days ago. Looks to be more of the same this month for June.
Correct, usually space was released around almost a year out until the end of April. Since then it seems to be released randomly in blocks (week/month at a time). I'm also part of that group that booked for 2020, rebooked for 2021, and again for 2022.
coolbeans202 and Cynapse like this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by eye84u
Correct, usually space was released around almost a year out until the end of April. Since then it seems to be released randomly in blocks (week/month at a time). I'm also part of that group that booked for 2020, rebooked for 2021, and again for 2022.
There are many of us here, we should make a support group for the Conrad BB Widowers.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 2:08 pm

My experience is they do. Most show up in a few minutes. I have had some that don’t show up on the calendar, but if you try and book a night you released the option for points is there, But I have had some not come back.

TD
italdesign likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 5:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; United Silver
Originally Posted by Neild
I have 5 nights in month of August 2021 which I am gonna release in few days. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Hoping it goes back to the inventory.
What nights? I am looking for August 20 to 22. Thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2021, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by John_OHST
What nights? I am looking for August 20 to 22. Thanks!
Aug 10 - Aug 15th.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 5:46 pm

You used to be able to count on them loading up new nights 360 days (or something like that) in advance, so if you were diligent and pounced right away, you could get the room when it opened up. That no longer seems to happen. Does anyone know what their schedule is for loading new availability? Is it now totally random? I can't figure it out.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 6:47 pm

Indeed random.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:47 am

Room inventory is released mainly according to 'revenue management software'. Currently, in places like Bora Bora, this is resulting in very few rooms being made available for non-premium reward stays. And, where those rooms are being released, they are usually not being made available for more than four consecutive nights to avoid the 'fifth night free' arrangement. The system is not random, but it is opaque and currently it is being used to limit non premium reward stays in high demand locations.
Cynapse likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by avidchurner
I have Moorea 7th-16th if you are interested.
Hi, any chance to coordinate?

Definitely interested here.

Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
I'm sure the question has been asked quite a bit already, but how much of a downgrade is the Moorea property compared to conrad bora bora? Judging by the look of things unless i save up a gazillion hilton points i have a better chance at getting standard award at Moorea

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.