Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K; HA Pualani Gold, SWA A-List; Aloha Silver (RIP); HH Gold
Originally Posted by slidergirl
If your kids will mind sleeping together on the sofabed, absolutely call and reserve a rollaway!!! Do not assume that one will be available. The hotel was at full occupancy this week.

As for snow, it was rain today, rain/snow tomorrow then nothing until maybe next Friday...
Do rollaways cost extra?

Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by 4BandE
Do rollaways cost extra?

Thanks!
No, the rollaways are free. There are just a limited number of them.
The sofabed has a Temperpedic mattress on it - I've heard that it is actually pretty comfy.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by 4BandE
Staying here next week on an award stay in a King Bed Deluxe Room with Mrs. 4bande and sons. Was hoping for more snow so we'll see how it goes. I will report back!

Any tips? I did get a message from the hotel asking if there was anything I needed before I arrived (like reservations to restaurants).

I noticed that the difference in rate for my room (Deluxe Room) and a 1 bedroom suite was $120/night ($689 vs $809) if paying, but over 200k points/night difference. Is there any chance for an upgrade (I'm a Gold).
Curious as to how your stay was? Im headed there in a few weeks and have the same award stay booked. There is a total of 4 of us going and was curious to see if the King Deluxe was cramped with 4 people. We're not planning on spending much time in the room, so I'm hoping its ok. Also, any luck with an upgrade? Im a diamond member, but have a feeling they probably don't offer too many upgrades at this property. Thanks for your feedback
Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
I stayed here last year for a weekend in April with my girlfriend, so the hotel was only maybe 30-50% full (we barely saw anyone other than staff). I'm a Diamond member, used two of my Q3FN's for the two nights, and they put us in a one bedroom suite. So, it's not unheard of for them to upgrade you. I can't recall if I had upgrade selected for one of my MyWay preferences.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 8:05 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by ladan05
Curious as to how your stay was? Im headed there in a few weeks and have the same award stay booked. There is a total of 4 of us going and was curious to see if the King Deluxe was cramped with 4 people. We're not planning on spending much time in the room, so I'm hoping its ok. Also, any luck with an upgrade? Im a diamond member, but have a feeling they probably don't offer too many upgrades at this property. Thanks for your feedback
Four adults in a King Deluxe will be cramped. The rooms are more "European" in size for the King and King Deluxe. See if you can do the lowest level one bedroom residence. Two of you will still be on the sofabed, but you at least have a living room, kitchen and master bedroom also instead of just the single room. As for upgrade possibilities, the King Deluxe is the highest level of non-suite there. But, if the occupancy is low enough, management is known to do a few moves...
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by slidergirl
Four adults in a King Deluxe will be cramped. The rooms are more "European" in size for the King and King Deluxe. See if you can do the lowest level one bedroom residence. Two of you will still be on the sofabed, but you at least have a living room, kitchen and master bedroom also instead of just the single room. As for upgrade possibilities, the King Deluxe is the highest level of non-suite there. But, if the occupancy is low enough, management is known to do a few moves...
Thanks for the reply. I checked the availability and it looks like a lot of rooms have opened up during my stay. Im guessing people have canceled their reservations recently due to the lack of snow right now. As this is my first time using a reward stay, and therefore unclear on how upgrades are handled when using points, do i simply ask for an upgrade from the person checking me in, ask to speak to a manger, call ahead and request one, etc?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:18 pm

Programs: A few
I managed to snag a deluxe room here for the first week of April at the 37,500 points level. However I'd really like to upgrade to the fantastic looking 1 bedroom suites. I called the hotel today and the lady said I could not - I either had to pay the 69k per night premium reward rate, or stick with what I had - no option to pay to upgrade. And there is no e-standby option on the reservation either. The woman I spoke to didn't sound too convincing she seemed to be reading the script. Wondering if anyone has any recent success with paid upgrades on points stays?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I managed to snag a deluxe room here for the first week of April at the 37,500 points level. However I'd really like to upgrade to the fantastic looking 1 bedroom suites. I called the hotel today and the lady said I could not - I either had to pay the 69k per night premium reward rate, or stick with what I had - no option to pay to upgrade. And there is no e-standby option on the reservation either. The woman I spoke to didn't sound too convincing she seemed to be reading the script. Wondering if anyone has any recent success with paid upgrades on points stays?
Do you have any status on HHonors?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by lewende
Do you have any status on HHonors?
Yes I have Gold
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Wondering if anyone has any recent success with paid upgrades on points stays?
I got the e-standby offer (and selected every possible suite option) for a points stay a month ago. The offer was on my original confirmation email (just checked). They ended up running a decent paid rate later on, so I cancelled the points rez and paid for the base room, again chose the e-standby option, and ended up with a 2br suite. FWIW, the 2nd bedroom is totally unnecessary (though only $10/night more than the 1 br loft suite when I stayed during Sundance)... they just combined a 2 story, 1br suite with a regular room to the side of it and left the door open. Additionally, if you arrive late, the bar closes between 10-10:30pm at the Waldorf, and there's no mini-bar, so if you want a beer, you're outta luck.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:20 pm

The WAPC has a pretty good track record lately of doing upgrades to Diamonds and Golds. It sounds like you really didn't talk to someone there, but were transferred to one of their outside reservations people. That being said, they usually don't do upgrade assignments until 2 days out. They get a lot of families there, so most people do pay for those suites. I would try another call and just ask if they can put a comment in your file that you would like an upgrade to a 1 bedroom residence if available. Don't "guild the lilly" and ask for more than that - it might be overboard if you want upgraded to a suite on a high floor with a mountain view :-)
Like someone else said, you really don't need more than the 1 bedroom residence. Pretty spacious, with a nice full kitchen with good appliances (they were either Wolf or Viking).
Old Mar 1, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: SPG Plat, DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Avis First, National EE, Marriott Gold
We're doing 3 nights here on points next weekend (3/9-3/12) and are using points. I'm a Diamond member, and requested an upgrade on the reservation in the comments. I received a call from the concierge yesterday and she emailed me some dinner recc's as well as set us up with in-room fittings for equipment. I'm impressed so far with the level of service - I'm looking to compare to the St. Regis, as we stayed there last year.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:06 am

Does anyone have any contact information for someone at this property who can be contacted about upgrades in advance of arriving? My family has a 3-night award stay coming up in a couple of weeks. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:25 pm

Upgrades usually aren't processed until about 2-3 days prior to your stay, at least at the WA-PC, from what I've heard. If you have "requested upgrade if possible" in your comments in your reservation and are Diamond, they will usually do their best to upgrade.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Avis First, National EE, Marriott Gold
Got upgraded to the king deluxe room. Coworker who is also Diamond got no upgrade, and another coworker got the same as myself. The hotel seems booked for the weekend, even though the snow is less than desirable. I had comments on the res about upgrade, and asked at check-in, but no dice on a suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.