Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2010, 7:52 pm

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
More like luxury condo's than hotel rooms. Full kitchens, washer/dryers, ski storage....
Old Nov 7, 2010, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by c502cid
More like luxury condo's than hotel rooms. Full kitchens, washer/dryers, ski storage....
ALL the rooms are this way? If so, this would be a great family place...and I wouldn't mind dumping the huge points for it.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bsdstone
ALL the rooms are this way? If so, this would be a great family place...and I wouldn't mind dumping the huge points for it.

It looks like some rooms are regular hotel rooms. My guess is that a redemption booking in high season would get you precisely that a regular hotel room. It would be interesting to see what the cost would be for a guaranteed upgrade from a base redemption room to a condo type suite. I would never choose to stay in a regular hotel room when on a ski trip no matter how good the hotel in question (which is why I haven't yet cashed in some SPG points for the St Regis Aspen).
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
It looks like some rooms are regular hotel rooms. My guess is that a redemption booking in high season would get you precisely that a regular hotel room. It would be interesting to see what the cost would be for a guaranteed upgrade from a base redemption room to a condo type suite. I would never choose to stay in a regular hotel room when on a ski trip no matter how good the hotel in question (which is why I haven't yet cashed in some SPG points for the St Regis Aspen).
My feelings exactly. We have two young boys who are just learning to ski this year, and space is a must...being in a small hotel room, no matter how nice, is not what I'm looking for.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Waldorf Collection: Park City, UT

Checked the boards and didn't see any reviews of this property. Anyone stayed there? How is it?

We're thinking of going out there for a ski trip in Feb either paying our way or using points depending on a couple of factors.

Just wanted to see if anyone would recommend this property.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:45 am
Original Member

You probably did not check very hard

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...park-city.html

Also, confusingly, most information under original name for the hotel of Dakota Mountain Lodge and Golden Door Spa, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ip-report.html
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Any recent updates? Any have sense of what benefits they extend for Gold or Diamond. Right now I'm paying for the entry level room, but could do NOR-1 or just hope for the best upon arriving. Staying during prime ski season, so not expecting much for the upgrade. But what other benefits are there? Breakfast, etc.? Anyone?
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by paterwdb
Any recent updates? Any have sense of what benefits they extend for Gold or Diamond. Right now I'm paying for the entry level room, but could do NOR-1 or just hope for the best upon arriving. Staying during prime ski season, so not expecting much for the upgrade. But what other benefits are there? Breakfast, etc.? Anyone?
I was only at the silver level when I stayed there in the summer so I can not tell you what benefits you might get as gold. But they treated us very well we booked a 2 br suite it was gorgeous. Right above the golden door spa. The same suite goes for around 1500/night during ski season. There is no buffet breakfast that I know of and the folks in the suites have their own kitchens. The restaurant is chic and fancy but maybe not where you would go for a basic breakfast. On the other hand the main hotel at the base of the lifts has lots of options and the gondola should be running from the DML to the main hotel.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
***Got a killer room upgrade, but no breakfast at all. Wifi, I assume, is free now. See my review above - after a year plus of traveling the world as a Diamond Honors member (well, US and Europe this year anyway), I'm going to rate this as one of the nicest HHONORS properties I've been in with a great staff and fantastic rooms.

During height of ski season? Yeah, I wouldn't get hopes up, but they treated me well when the hotel was mostly empty on the slow season, that's for sure - even at a cheap intro rate.

TDM
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
I reread the deathmerchant post. Yes I also had trouble with the coffee machine! I had to call housekeeping because I thought it did not work. I got it to turn on but did not realize that it would not operate correctly without the top on the carafe. I have an old fashioned carafe coffee maker that just drips and it does not matter whether the lid is on the carafe. But the DML coffee pot was trickier. Without the lid you got coffee ground all over the coffee. The housekeeping was very nice they brought me fresh coffee and showed me how it worked. Everyone there was very nice. I'm pretty sure we also got some sort of room upgrade, at least compared to other rooms of the class we reserved. Especially that we were there 4th of July weekend because we had a head on view of the fireworks off of our _three_ balconies. Being able to entertain friends like that was wonderful and the bell staff did not bat an eye when we showed up with a pile of takeout from the Lizard place in town (great mexican food btw). They thought it was a good idea to get that stuff for a fireworks party and they helped us carry it up to our room. We were staying 6 nights so that might have been why we got the fancy room with only Silver VIP. I'd like to go back again now that I am Gold. If you are at loose ends for 4th of July and a HH Diamond I would strongly suggest to stay at the DML and see where they put you. Just note that the fireworks may not be ON the 4th - the ones we saw at the resort were on the 3rd.

Last edited by businesstraveller2; Dec 19, 2010 at 8:47 am
Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:45 am

Thanks... anyone have a sense of what things are like during the Ski season?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
Anyone know if they charge you the resort fee of $25 on a reward stay?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 5:08 pm

Three Night Ski Stay

Just returned from a 3 night stay during ski season.

I booked three nights -- two using q3fn that were going to expire and then paying for the third night. I booked the entry level room, 2 Queen Fireplace Room. I did opt for the NOR-1 upgrade, since it was ski season and I wan't sure I would get much of a bump without selecting that. Plus I was willing to pay for a suite.

When my colleague arrived, he initially declined the upgrade since we needed two beds. He took one look at the 2 Queen and went back to the front desk and asked to be upgraded. They did and it was definitely the right decision. The sleeper sofa was a tempeurpedic foam type-- very firm-- and very comfortable. The upgraded room was a King Suite-- very nice. Two fireplaces, full kitchen with Viking appliances, two full bathrooms. Master with jetted tub and shower, other with just a shower.

Really nice touches throughout-- including stuff like lighting underneath the vanity and lower cabinets in the kitchen, great flatscreen tvs, comfortable furniture. The rooms were very nice... among the best I've seen.

When I arrived, they immediately took all of my bags, groceries I had picked up, and everything. The front desk greeted me by name (I suppose by a guess) and the continuously did the rest of the stay.

The valets and bellhops all wear an odd sort of Charles Dickens-wear. They were good about giving advice but also not harassing anyone. They mentioned a great ski rental place that brings the skis right to your room for a fitting and comes and gets them as well. The delivery service they recommended was great and very responsive, and according to the bellhop, cheaper than the in-hotel ski shop.

By far, though, this is a great place to ski. There is a great boot room where you're welcome to leave your boots, where they keep a steady supply of hot cider and cocoa, and where they will call for your skis for you right out of the locker. You just put on your boots, walk outside, and the skis are already at the gondola waiting for you. About 50 feet walk, or they will shuttle you (kind of crazy!). They put your skis on the gondola and they do the same on the return. When you get back, they literally pull your boots off your feet for you and give you a pair of slippers to wear back to your room. I thought that was a bit much, but by the end, I was one of the crowd wearing the standard WA slippers.

All this to say, the service is truly top-notch.

The place certainly isn't cheap-- and the constant tipping is an added expense to be considered. I was there three nights and tipped at least $100 before it was all over. But I was probably a little more generous than I had to be since I wasn't paying for the first two nights.

For the first two nights using a q3fn, there were NO charges on my bill at all. The other night, all the taxes, fees, and resort charge was added. But it was well worth it. Parking, internet, and constant amenities like the hot drinks, cold water when the valet came, and slippers, towels, etc., made it worth it.

The pool and hottub are outdoor, but year round and immaculate.

On a side-note, the Canyons is probably my favorite mountain I've skied. It is absolutely huge and every person is above the mark in being courteous, professional, and in customer service. I highly recommend it.

Oh, also, I'm only gold.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 8:08 pm

Thanks for the report. Can you tell us the name of the ski rental outfit you used?
They mentioned a great ski rental place that brings the skis right to your room for a fitting and comes and gets them as well. The delivery service they recommended was great and very responsive, and according to the bellhop, cheaper than the in-hotel ski shop.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:08 pm

does anyone have any insight on getting a room larger than the room bookable with h honors points?

maybe a $100 tip would come in handy as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.