Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, WN A-List Preferred & CP, Marriott Gold, American Platinum Pro, National Executive
Based on W=A Upgrade policy, you should receive a one category upgrade. The Assistant GM's name is Erika Stohl and you may want to contact her directly and ask. The regular rooms adjoin the condo style suites to add bedrooms. When I last stayed there, it was in Mountain Biking season (summer), so not very busy. Our suite (for just my wife and I) had 3 bedrooms (2 were adjoing regular hotel rooms) and one was on the second floor of our room (loft style). The hotel is beautiful and I would recommend. The chair lift is just across the street from the lobby and they have ski valet's to assist you and carry your ski's back and forth the the hotel. The service is wonderful and the staff went out of their way to make our trip there special. They also have ski rental in the hotel (and you can room charge - read as HH points). Enjoy your trip...
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:54 am

thanks for the information... am i safe in assuming that the rooms with kitchens come with cookware and eating utensils? or do we need to bring our own
Old Jan 17, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, WN A-List Preferred & CP, Marriott Gold, American Platinum Pro, National Executive
The kitchen was fully stocked...
Old Jan 17, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Winecaptain
Based on W=A Upgrade policy, you should receive a one category upgrade. The Assistant GM's name is Erika Stohl and you may want to contact her directly and ask. The regular rooms adjoin the condo style suites to add bedrooms. When I last stayed there, it was in Mountain Biking season (summer), so not very busy. Our suite (for just my wife and I) had 3 bedrooms (2 were adjoing regular hotel rooms) and one was on the second floor of our room (loft style). The hotel is beautiful and I would recommend. The chair lift is just across the street from the lobby and they have ski valet's to assist you and carry your ski's back and forth the the hotel. The service is wonderful and the staff went out of their way to make our trip there special. They also have ski rental in the hotel (and you can room charge - read as HH points). Enjoy your trip...

I'm staying there in early March and have few questions.

We've never skiied Utah's Park City side and I've heard mixed reviews about the Canyons. Does the hotel offer a shuttle to PCMR and Deer Valley? If so, is that a drag?

The more I read about the Canyons, the more I'm thinking I should have just rented a condo in Sandy and skiied Alta and Snowbird again.

Reassurances?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 9:49 pm

Is late checkout something that is commonly given out to diamonds during ski season such as now?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by sawtooth
I'm staying there in early March and have few questions.

We've never skiied Utah's Park City side and I've heard mixed reviews about the Canyons. Does the hotel offer a shuttle to PCMR and Deer Valley? If so, is that a drag?

The more I read about the Canyons, the more I'm thinking I should have just rented a condo in Sandy and skiied Alta and Snowbird again.

Reassurances?
says they have shuttle service but not sure about the times
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Expect some hotel and room reviews from the 2 winners of the Ultimate Mountain Gig. They've started their job at The Canyons and their 83-night stay at the Waldorf-Astoria Park City.

Excerpt of first post by former Olympic ski racer Kaylin Richardson:
As I walked through the impressive wrought iron doors of the Waldorf Astoria and into the beautiful foyer I will admit to you, wonderful readers, a sigh of awe escaped my lips. While checking in I watched the front desk hosts jaw noticeably drop; when she handed me my key I learned why. With a lovely smile she said, “Miss Richardson, we have you staying with us for 83 nights, please enjoy your stay.” Yup, 83 nights at the Waldorf Astoria qualifies as a jaw-dropper.

My room redefines luxury. It is so plush that I think I will have to tackle that in another blog – I’m thinking an MTV Cribs style segment. I have seen a lot of ski resorts including the bigguns like St. Moritz, Zermatt, St. Anton, and Cortina d’Ampezzo, and, of course, they were completely fabulous! But never have I been in a hotel that has more amenities or a more welcoming staff than here at the Waldorf Astoria. I have been here two days, TWO DAYS, and am already being greeted by name. I dont know about you, but that means something to me.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 7:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond WN CP MR Gold
I have a stay in late March for family skiing and hope to get a room with a full kitchen. 2 adults/ 2 kids so another full bed would be nice too. I selected the upgrades if available starting at $39/night and hope that will help. Anyone have experience there? I'm using points at diamond status and hope that is not a knock against me. I see a post with the GM name but all correspondence in my reservation says "please do not contact the hotel to inquire about upgrades" . Also has anyone stayed here this season for skiing? i see poor reviews on their gondola up the hill and are wondering if it is really as slow as reviews say it is. My Calls to the hotel seem surprised that people complain about it. Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:20 pm

When I stayed there (off season - although opening weekend for Mt. Biking) the hotel shuttle took us everywhere, even to the St. Regis to eat dinner at Jean Georges. We just called them about 10 minutes before we were finished eating and they were waiting for us at the lobby entrance. I can only assume that they will have a shuttle service for ski season.

As far as skiing in Park City, here is my opinion (I have to admit that I do not snowboard, just ski):

Deer Valley is the nicest ski area. It has a great mix of slopes, depending on your mood, and great dining areas... Not too busy, a bit more expensive, but nicer atomoshphere. They also have a great restaurant for fine dining called, Mariposa (you need to make reservations there well in advance). For me, best of all, is no snowboarders...

Park City is very nice as well, although not a well groomed as Deer Valley. Nice mix of trails, but much busier than Deer Valley. Lots of snowboarders...

Canyons is not quite as challenging as either Deer Valley or Park City, nice runs, but much smaller ski area. Seems to have more of a family type environment, with more children... Not as busy as Park City, but the runs are not quite as nice either. Probably 3 out of the 3 in the area.

In my opinion, Deer Valley is by far the nicest place to ski (I also think that it is one of the best places to ski in the US). I would only compare it to the likes of Beaver Creek in the US. Park City is more like a Breckenridge type atmosphere (very nice and fun western US ski town). Canyons is a step down for the advanced skier, but nice for a family... I will say, however, Park City is my favorite place to ski (except for maybe Beaver Creek - Nice Ritz Carlton and Hyatt Resort), because you can mix up a few days and do one or two days at each mountain, all within a 5-10 minute shuttle ride away... I am confident that you will enjoy it, as it is much better resort town area than Snowbird or Alta.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:42 pm

Location: BOS. Postings are my personal observations and opinions only and do not reflect the official position of JetBlue Airways.
Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Hertz PC, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Bonvoy Ambassador
I'm staying here on a revenue reservation for my honeymoon this week, which will encompass the end of Sundance plus some skiing. Do any more seasoned travelers have worthwhile tips for ensuring the little extras? As background, I'm diamond but mostly via stays in HGI, Hampton, and ES properties so I don't use full-service properties that often.

I called the concierge to arrange flowers at check-in, and although efficient, I wasn't overwhelmed based on prior reviews (for example, they adamantly denied any possibility of having the arrangement placed in the room prior to check-in; the flowers will be brought up after we arrive. This somewhat defeats the purpose, I thought). I understand this is peak season, and other than being diamond I don't have any DYKWIA credentials. Any advice?

Last edited by Aewanabe; Jan 24, 2011 at 4:39 pm
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond WN CP MR Gold
Would love to hear about your experience at the hotel. Did you get upgraded to a larger room? How was the skiing at Canyons and the gondola ride up the hill from the hotel? Congratulations on your honeymoon.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:27 pm

Location: BOS. Postings are my personal observations and opinions only and do not reflect the official position of JetBlue Airways.
Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Hertz PC, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Bonvoy Ambassador
Thanks for the congrats. I actually don't check in until the end of this week, so I'll post my experience once we're actually there.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
The Cayons is by far the largest of the 3 resorts. You must have not seen most of it if you say its a much smaller ski area. It is twice the size of Deer Valley.

Originally Posted by Winecaptain
When I stayed there (off season - although opening weekend for Mt. Biking) the hotel shuttle took us everywhere, even to the St. Regis to eat dinner at Jean Georges. We just called them about 10 minutes before we were finished eating and they were waiting for us at the lobby entrance. I can only assume that they will have a shuttle service for ski season.

As far as skiing in Park City, here is my opinion (I have to admit that I do not snowboard, just ski):

Deer Valley is the nicest ski area. It has a great mix of slopes, depending on your mood, and great dining areas... Not too busy, a bit more expensive, but nicer atomoshphere. They also have a great restaurant for fine dining called, Mariposa (you need to make reservations there well in advance). For me, best of all, is no snowboarders...

Park City is very nice as well, although not a well groomed as Deer Valley. Nice mix of trails, but much busier than Deer Valley. Lots of snowboarders...

Canyons is not quite as challenging as either Deer Valley or Park City, nice runs, but much smaller ski area. Seems to have more of a family type environment, with more children... Not as busy as Park City, but the runs are not quite as nice either. Probably 3 out of the 3 in the area.

In my opinion, Deer Valley is by far the nicest place to ski (I also think that it is one of the best places to ski in the US). I would only compare it to the likes of Beaver Creek in the US. Park City is more like a Breckenridge type atmosphere (very nice and fun western US ski town). Canyons is a step down for the advanced skier, but nice for a family... I will say, however, Park City is my favorite place to ski (except for maybe Beaver Creek - Nice Ritz Carlton and Hyatt Resort), because you can mix up a few days and do one or two days at each mountain, all within a 5-10 minute shuttle ride away... I am confident that you will enjoy it, as it is much better resort town area than Snowbird or Alta.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:06 am

Does any one know what specifically the shuttle/car service they operate to Deer Valley for skiing? Is it a car or shuttle? Do they operate on a regular schedule or by request?
Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:15 am

Also, any recommendations on day care or babysitting services at the hotel or in the area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.