Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2023, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by snowpie
They said (lmao):
​​​​​​​Ended up paying $100 per night for the upgrade.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by idkmybffjill
Does anyone know the odds of getting a Diamond room upgrade during ski season if you’re booking the standard reward room?

Complimentary? Slim to none.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 10:13 am

Staying here in two months. From what I've read in this thread, seems like they often allow you to use the F&B credit x 2 even if you are solo? Is that still the case?
Old Jan 26, 2024, 11:47 am

Great hotel on points for ski/snowboard trips. Rooms more on the cozy mountain side.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 8:15 am

Can anyone post a recent copy of the menu with prices? The online version on their website does not list the prices . Wondering how far would the breakfast credit stretch 😉
Old Jan 27, 2024, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by martzipan
Can anyone post a recent copy of the menu with prices? The online version on their website does not list the prices . Wondering how far would the breakfast credit stretch 😉
Don't have a picture but average price is $25 an item on the menu. Steak and eggs were $38.
martzipan likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 6:56 pm

Has anyone stayed here with an infant? Attempting to book the base room on points but it doesn’t let me. Should I expect an issue if I show up without him on the reservation?

(1yr old)
Old Feb 25, 2024, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Jja6782
Has anyone stayed here with an infant? Attempting to book the base room on points but it doesn’t let me. Should I expect an issue if I show up without him on the reservation?

(1yr old)
No direct experience at the WA Park City, but I can't imagine it would ever be any problem to book a normal King room (anywhere) and show up as a couple with an infant.

Looking at the WA Park City it just seems the reservation system is set up such that whenever you have more than 2 adults, even if the 3rd person is an infant, it automatically removes the base King room and instead only offers the rooms with a sofa bed.

I would just book the base King with 2 adults and not worry one bit about it.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 8:48 pm

Recently completed a two night stay, mid week, booked using FNCs, about a week out. A couple days before check in the app showed the room upgraded to one bedroom king suite, which did stick. I’m only a Gold, so that was nice of them.

We came on an early morning flight, took an Uber from the airport, left our bags with the front desk and headed to the restaurant for breakfast. By about 10:30 am, the room was still not ready (no surprise there), so we got changed into skiing gear and headed out to the mountain.

I eventually got a message that the room was ready at 2 pm, but we weren’t ready to head back until about 4 pm. We were at the main Park City side of the mountain, so took the last shuttle back to the hotel at 4:15 pm. After that they only go to Main Street, not the mountain base. In retrospect, it may have been faster - but more tiring - to just ride to the Canyons side, and ski down to the resort, because the shuttle went to Deer Valley as well and the whole trip took about an hour with traffic on the narrow roads.

My impressions from the hotel are very positive. The staff are excellent. When I asked about something they were not sure about, they would pause, and then suggest a simple way forward saying they would take care of everything else. The decor is clean, not over the top and functional. The bed is very soft. The suite has two full bathrooms, one with a jacuzzi tub. Sadly I did not use it, as it was easier to just head to the main hot tub and pool area. The outdoor hot tub was a lovely 100 °F, the pool is heated and did not give me the chills even after an extended stay there. To get a proper cold treatment between hot tub sessions you have to use the snow - thankfully there is enough of that laying around 😉.

The kitchen in the suite had 10 of everything - plates, glasses, cutlery. So 2 people for 2 days - we never ran out of clean dishes and didn’t have to run the dishwasher.

They serve hot chocolate in the lobby from 3-5 pm, and I’d argue it’s some of the best complimentary hot chocolate I ever had. Very rich and creamy. Complimentary s’mores from 6-9 pm, but for me personally, was less exciting.

If I go again, I would only ski on the Canyons side and not bother with the main PC area. The snow was a little less heavy (it’s a warmer season than usual) and the crowds smaller with fewer beginners. So arguably, that makes this hotel perfect for a ski trip to Park City if you’re not a beginner.

Breakfast menu. My fav was the Wasatch skillet.

The wasatch skillet.

Some events and treats on the menu. Sadly my visit did not coincide with anything interesting to me.

Hallways are decorated with infrared photographs. Cool local touch.

View into the suite living room from the kitchen area.
JJeffrey and Michael19887 like this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by idkmybffjill
Does anyone know the odds of getting a Diamond room upgrade during ski season if you’re booking the standard reward room?
Strictly anecdotally, I got a comp upgrade to a 1bdrm suite when booking 2 nights midweek in February using FNC. I’m a Gold.

Maybe my luck is all crooked, because people often rave about comp upgrades they get at WA Pedregal, and I never got any, and I was a Diamond when I stayed there on three occasions.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 8:10 pm

Programs: DYKWIA
Just finished my second-year-in-a-row ski season trip at WA and have been upgraded to 1 bdrm suite both times as a diamond. This trip was just 3 nights, last year was 5. Both times used standard points and was offered a ‘paid’ early upgrade nightly price of $88 for a jr suite or $200 for 1bdrm suite, about a week out. I received the free upgrade 3 days from checkin.
The award calendar was constantly changing on points requirements so if you don’t see standard award available keep checking back. It does seem to offer more dates as you get closer to them. I’m sure upgrade chances are increased if you can avoid the peak ski dates around holidays, weekends, and Spring Break.
Big fan of the French Toast, but next time I might need some of the that wasatch skillet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.