Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:36 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by sarah-ivy
After my experience I think the WA PC is likely meant for the 99%.
I think your statement speaks volumes..................

Last edited by BOB W; Aug 9, 2012 at 10:41 pm
Old Oct 8, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL GM, National Executive, Marriott Silver
Does anyone know if it is possible to buy lift tickets from the hotel or concierge at this property? I have a reward stay booked their in December and was hoping to be able to book Canyons lift tickets through the hotel and rack up some points that way...
Old Oct 8, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
During this last ski season tickets had to be purchased through The Canyons, the hotel wasn't able to issue them.

I'm actually at the hotel right now, checking out tomorrow from a great 4 night stay. One new issue to report... the plumbing to the pool has struck a leak and the pool and hot tubs are closed for the forseeable future as they complete repairs. From talking to staff I can't get a sense if this is a 3 day or 3 week repair, as of yesterday the pump room had 3 feet of water in it.

Just an FYI for anyone arriving in the next week or two
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT,HH DIAMOND,HYATT GOLD, AA EXEC PLAT
Originally Posted by fauszdm
Does anyone know if it is possible to buy lift tickets from the hotel or concierge at this property? I have a reward stay booked their in December and was hoping to be able to book Canyons lift tickets through the hotel and rack up some points that way...
We actually stay at the Waldorf Park City several times a year during Ski season. To answer your question you can buy lift tickets at the hotel but its from a Canyons ski resort Rep who sets up a desk usually in the lobby. Your able to sign for them and have it charged to your room. Everyone has the same idea about the points !!
Several other tidbits i can report that may help you ?
Your able to use American Express points to get award lift tickets.
Also try a web site called: www.liftopia.com
you can purchase lift tickets in advance at a mega discount.

Just a few notes on the Park City Waldorf>>>>>> WE LOVE IT !!
last year i spent 117 nights at Hilton properties in 12 countries and i can say without a doubt Waldorf Park City is TOP of the list.

The Staff is AMAZZING . On 1-10 scale my family give them a 15 !!!

We are booked to stay 2nd week in December & also 1st week in Feb.

Enjoy
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by rangle4564
We actually stay at the Waldorf Park City several times a year during Ski season. To answer your question you can buy lift tickets at the hotel but its from a Canyons ski resort Rep who sets up a desk usually in the lobby. Your able to sign for them and have it charged to your room. Everyone has the same idea about the points !!
Several other tidbits i can report that may help you ?
Your able to use American Express points to get award lift tickets.
Also try a web site called: www.liftopia.com
you can purchase lift tickets in advance at a mega discount.

Enjoy
Can canyon ski resort rep offer the same discount on liftopia right now? In other words, would you buy lift tickets right now from liftopia or wait until you check in to WAPC so that you will earn points?
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by lewende
Can canyon ski resort rep offer the same discount on liftopia right now? In other words, would you buy lift tickets right now from liftopia or wait until you check in to WAPC so that you will earn points?
same question. we are booked for 7 nights in January and I am very excited for this stay. Looks a great place. But liftopia has great rates for the time we are there. If I could book through them AND pay through WA that would be incredible but I am thinking that is asking for too much

Lift tickets are not yet showing up on Amex Rewards but I expect they will soon. May use some for some days at Deer Valley where discounts are harder to find
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Don't count on being able to buy your Canyons tickets in the lobby this year. Friend who works for Canyons says they may not do it - too many technical issues last year. You don't need the ticket to get on the gondola at the Waldorf, so you could still get up to the base and buy your tickets there.

If you go to the Canyons website, they are now selling tickets online at a discount (via Liftopia). Good prices to be had there. Last season, you could also buy discounted lift tickets at Breeze Ski Rentals, on hwy 224, just before the Canyons traffic light.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:31 pm

Programs: AMEX PLAT,HH DIAMOND,HYATT GOLD, AA EXEC PLAT
Originally Posted by lewende
liftopia is a super discount lift ticket BUT its first come first served. They only get so many lift tickets per day and its always better to get them in advance to get the discount. if you wait the day of to buy them from liftopia they will probably not have any inventory remaining.
Buying tickets from Canyons rep thats set up at Waldorf is the same price at the top of the mountain. Only advances buying them from Rep in hotel is * never a line & * you can charge them to your room.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:21 pm

Does anybody this this is a good honeymoon destination for November? My fiance and I were looking at some where internationally but to be honest, after the expense of the wedding we would rather stay in the US.

It looks like a wonderful resort! I am diamond and have 400,000 points. Also, we are located in California, so airfare is pretty reasonable.

It would be mid November of next year.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by megan0131
Does anybody this this is a good honeymoon destination for November? My fiance and I were looking at some where internationally but to be honest, after the expense of the wedding we would rather stay in the US.

It looks like a wonderful resort! I am diamond and have 400,000 points. Also, we are located in California, so airfare is pretty reasonable.

It would be mid November of next year.
Depending on what you intend to do at Park City, ski or mountain bike. Mid Nov. is generally the beginning of ski season and if you are lucky, it will have some decent snow by then; if not, it's somehow chilly to mountain bike.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Mid-November in Park City can be a roll of the dice. If it's a long Fall, definitely hiking and Mt. biking are there. There are plenty of multi-use trails in and around Park City, with a few of them within walking distance of the hotel. There is fly fishing, hot air balloons, drives to Sundance and the Uintas. There is the Golden Door Spa at the hotel so you can do many treatments, massage, and just relax in the spa (the heated lounge chairs in the women's area are fantastic!). There is a big variety of restaurants to choose from, from the locals' favorite little spots to romantic tables at the high-end restaurants (Glitretind, J&G, Talisker on Main, Slopes, Apex). And, there is the historic Main Street to wander up and down and so some shopping, drinking, and eating at the same time.
Park City Mt. Resort opens up this weekend, with The Canyons to follow on Thanksgiving Saturday. For most cases, this will be the same next year.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 9:09 pm

Also, there was some discussion here about lift tickets and shuttles from the WAPC this season. From a concierge I know there - the shuttles to Park City Mt. Resort and Deer Valley will run again. And, you will be able to buy lift tickets for The Canyons at the hotel. ONLY The Canyons - if you want PCMR of DV, you'll have to go elsewhere to buy the tickets.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:50 pm

Thanks to both of you! I think we are going to go ahead and book it!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by slidergirl
Also, there was some discussion here about lift tickets and shuttles from the WAPC this season. From a concierge I know there - the shuttles to Park City Mt. Resort and Deer Valley will run again. And, you will be able to buy lift tickets for The Canyons at the hotel. ONLY The Canyons - if you want PCMR of DV, you'll have to go elsewhere to buy the tickets.
A little update. The Canyons rep will be on-site to sell lift tickets and ski school lessons, but just not in the lobby this season. A desk for them is being set up in one of the "ski prep" rooms. The "old" room is behind the Front Desk on the 5th floor and the "new" room is down on the 4th floor.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: A few
Getting quite excited for our upcoming January trip, in particular given so far Canyons is ahead of my usual favorite Whistler in terms of base depth and snowfall.

Anyway question for the skiers in the crowd. We will definitely get a 3 day Canyons ticket to enjoy the "on-site" ski-ing but also plan on doing 2-3 days elsewhere. I was thinking we'd do 1-2 days at Park City and maybe 1 day at Deer Valley. But I am looking at some of the other places a little further afield and looks like could get to Snowbird/Alta within an hours drive. Would people recommend this versus just going to Deer Valley? We'll be paying for two adults and one kid (my eldest is ski-ing free thanks to the awesome 5th grader program) and so the price difference of Snowbird/Alta vs Deer Valley would be not insignificant, and it's fun in theory to try one of the other resorts. Just wandering about practicalities. We will have a Suburban SUV for getting around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.