Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
I suspect "the last 3 or 4 years" is an intentional exaggeration and is actually "the last 2 years".
To your point, another guest told me the ship has been here for as least the last 2 years, but I cannot verify this info. What I can attest to, however, is the racist group of cackling hens allowed to remain in the pool 1.5 hours after I was asked to leave. Shockingly, they were allowed and even encouraged (being served more drinks) to remain in the pool, despite their continuous racist banter. They also spoke very poorly and loudly of the Rangali experience overall (food quality, cost, etc.) The visitors today are best described as well-post-prime spring breakers, and it isn't a crowd you want to share your visit with.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
This is unreal. Can't believe I'm reading about this mess. Appreciate the updates.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:01 am

It's honestly super disappointing. 24h ago, I excitedly booked my 2nd stay. Now, I'm not sure I want to come back. I can go on a Carnival cruise without traveling for 20+ hrs . I'm particularly miffed about the preferential treatment they were given over CMRI guests this evening at Rangali Bar and the pool. It will be even more difficult to get my wife to return.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
I was just about to suggest the same - everybody there at the moment should be leaving a trip advisor review referring to this nonsense that happened today. It’s completely unacceptable.
Oh yeah, baby! See those 1s roll in!

This is just unbelievable. A total farce. Worse than Faulty Towers. Speaking of which, I shall endeavour to lighten everyone up with some comedy, MF Style. Hang on a minute while I search the net and do some editing.....
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ncSam
It's honestly super disappointing. 24h ago, I excitedly booked my 2nd stay. Now, I'm not sure I want to come back. I can go on a Carnival cruise without traveling for 20+ hrs . I'm particularly miffed about the preferential treatment they were given over CMRI guests this evening at Rangali Bar and the pool. It will be even more difficult to get my wife to return.
How was their treatment preferential? Wasn't it first come first served? Or did staff ask you to leave the pool to make room for cruise shippers?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
How was their treatment preferential? Wasn't it first come first served? Or did staff ask you to leave the pool to make room for cruise shippers?
My wife and I tried to lounge by the pool near Rangali bar before having dinner there. We were promptly asked to leave as the pool closed at 6, while the large group of cruise shippers were allowed to remain for over an hour after we were asked to leave the pool. Service at Rangali Bar was noticably scarce to the point where we decided to not have dinner there (after having 1 drink). When the cruise group moved from the pool to the bar, they had 2 dedicated staff. We, on the other hand, waited over 30 min for our bill and eventually went up to the bar to sign for our drinks.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Wow.... I’m disgusted on your behalf.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:35 am

To your point, another guest told me the ship has been here for as least the last 2 years, but I cannot verify this info. What I can attest to, however, is the racist group of cackling hens allowed to remain in the pool 1.5 hours after I was asked to leave. Shockingly, they were allowed and even encouraged (being served more drinks) to remain in the pool, despite their continuous racist banter. They also spoke very poorly and loudly of the Rangali experience overall (food quality, cost, etc.) The visitors today are best described as well-post-prime spring breakers, and it isn't a crowd you want to share your visit with.
Who were they racist towards?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by NightFury1
Who were they racist towards?
The comments I heard were directed towards Asians, though I didn't stick around to listen to any more of their banter.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:06 am

They have a blog. The most recent entry is 3 weeks ago when they travelled to invaded Madagascar. They took photos of the wildlife, including this happy-looking tortoise

Fortunately I can speak Tortoise and have translated the warning he gave to the other fauna

Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:16 am

Interestingly, CB's GM came from the seafaring locust company:
https://issuu.com/hoteliermaldives/d..._2015_may-june

Perhaps as an act of subterfuge, he convinced Stefano that it would be a good idea to invite them ashore for a few days.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:56 am

For what it's worth we had dinner at Ufuu tonight it was very good. However I booked 8pm as 7 and 730 were not available when I booked the day I arrived (2 days ago ) as there were too many bookings at 7 or 730

Upon arrival to dinner, I noticed at least 2 tables were ship passengers. This was obvious as they brought a credit card machine to the table to pay at the end of their meals, and clearly they were seated earlier than I was.. So it appears they held restaurant space for these people

2 people I spoke to as guests here were planning room service as the only available venues for valentines day at this point were rangali bar, the regular buffet, or a $278 per person beach BBQ and bottomless champagne
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:21 am

The comments I heard were directed towards Asians, though I didn't stick around to listen to any more of their banter.
It's so sad to see this. You're (not YOU \of course) travelling the world for a year on a luxury cruise, not some guy who's never been out of your hometown. Have some respect for other people of different cultures.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:25 am

And check out this page, titled Enrichment. Oh, how lovely.....

Here's a pic of the poorformers aboard the 'Ship', as they call it

I've corrected the accompaning caption to read as follows; "Local musicians and performers regularly reluctantly join the Ship to share their unique cultural talents"

And regarding this debacle, it's funny, isn't it, that there's always one person who is the black sheep, in this case preferring to praise this money-making decision and refrain from any criticism of what's going on. Who is he working for?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by jsteinberg
2 people I spoke to as guests here were planning room service as the only available venues for valentines day at this point were rangali bar, the regular buffet, or a $278 per person beach BBQ and bottomless champagne
The lobster and champagne dinner is a great experience. And when we were there, they were serving a rather good actual champagne (from the same region in France) rather than the sparkling white available everywhere else.

The lack of availability for their real guests, however, is inexcusable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.