Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica {ISL}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: One World Emerald, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
We are going there in December and interested in the benefits. I'm surprised Bennos said there's nothing offered. You should have received a free breakfast as part of your Hhonors Gold benefits?

My experience as HHonors Gold at Hilton Brisbane, Munich, Toronto and London was good. They gave us Exec Lounge access without asking.

But not even free breakfast?! geez
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
We had two stays here 11 months ago and had a fantastic experience.
One room was Diamond and one Gold and we both got upgraded to suites with exec lounge access and breakfast either in the lounge or the restaurant.

bennos - did you book with Hilton direct or via a third party site? I know they don't offer HHonors benefits with the latter.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by HKQuokka
We are going there in December and interested in the benefits. I'm surprised Bennos said there's nothing offered. You should have received a free breakfast as part of your Hhonors Gold benefits?
That's what I would have thought. So far my experience seems to be atypical from others posted here, but when I followed up all I got was a vague promise to try harder next time. On top of that, my points from this stay still haven't posted correctly, despite two attempts to fix it.

Originally Posted by fifa
bennos - did you book with Hilton direct or via a third party site? I know they don't offer HHonors benefits with the latter.
Direct through hilton.com.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
Originally Posted by bennos
On top of that, my points from this stay still haven't posted correctly, despite two attempts to fix it.
Our points also didn't post for any of our stays so I phoned HHonors and both accounts were credited straight away.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: United 1K/1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
This hotel overbooks A LOT-beware. Learned that the hard way.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Can anyone help decipher their room types?

When I click on "king bed" for the room type, I get:
  • SINGLE ROOM
  • QUEEN HILTON ROOM PLUS
  • QUEEN EXECUTIVE ROOM
  • QUEEN EXECUTIVE ROOM PLUS
I'm guessing the "Queen" has nothing to do with the size of the beds...

Looking at the pictures on their website, it appears the single room has at least a queen size bed, and the Queen rooms seem to have King Size beds...

I went through the Trip Advisor pictures to see if I could tell the bed sizes, and that didnt really help.

Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:31 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Stayed in this hotel last Tuesday for 2 nights and as a Hilton Gold member (booked on their website), we got access to the executive lounge. From 5pm to 7pm, they had spring rolls, canapes, chicken wrap which were all very good plus free wines and champagnes. Unfortunately, the hotel was full (lots of Conferences being held) so we didn't get a room upgrade. The city bus card was really helpful and is good for 4 guests. Will stay in this hotel again on our next visit
Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta Gold
Question for those who have stayed here. Is it easier to take the city bus from the airport or just take a taxi? It looks like the buses drop a bit of a distance from the hotel.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, FlyingBlue Platinum
Hilton Reykjavik Nordica {ISL}

Rent a car. Quite cheap - offers good access to city centre and free parking in front of the hotel.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by channonc
Question for those who have stayed here. Is it easier to take the city bus from the airport or just take a taxi? It looks like the buses drop a bit of a distance from the hotel.
From Keflavik, take the airport bus - for example see here -
https://www.re.is/flybus/flybusplus
They will take you from Keflavik to the central bus station, then transfer you to a smaller feeder bus that will go directly to your hotel.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 4:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You can also get taxis at the main Reykjavík bus station (BSI) to get to the hotel and vice versa. The connecting bus "plus" service does work fine, it's not particularly quick however, there's a bit of waiting around. Once at the hotel, the frequent and reliable city bus goes close by to the city centre and some places are walkable. Downtown is about 2 miles away though most of that isn't a particularly interesting hike. It's more attractive, but a bit further, to drop down to the waterfront and walk along from there. Reykjavík is quite hilly in the middle section.

A taxi to Keflavík airport would be quite expensive to say the least!
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:25 am

I found the location too remote on my last stay, and did not really enjoy the walk into town (yes, there are buses as well). I will revert back to Radisson Blu 1919 probably next time as its smack in the middle of city centre, even though the Hilton was good with Gold benefits including lounge access which of course is not guaranteed ^
Old Feb 27, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by u600213
KEF has a nice duty free shopping area for arriving passengers to Iceland with very good prices on liquor. While free is of course better, it makes it convenient to bring your own.
Sorry, OT, and I know this is an oldie, but would anyone know: "...for arriving passengers to Iceland..."? I've only ever seen duty-free for departing passengers at any airport. (Actually once had a somewhat embarrassing moment when I thought I'd buy a last-minute host gift at one when arriving at ARN, but was denied.) Thank you.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, there is a duty free shop for arriving passengers at Keflavík, it's towards the final stages of airside, on the lower level, some way after passport control (most of the airport is in Schengen), but before emerging into landside. You can't miss it.

"Duty free" arrangements for arriving passengers is not unusual in Europe now, LHR has it for example. KEF genuinely is tax free however. Most of the facilities for arriving passengers in Europe involve some sort of heavy discounting or special products.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:38 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, there is a duty free shop for arriving passengers at Keflavík, it's towards the final stages of airside, on the lower level, some way after passport control (most of the airport is in Schengen), but before emerging into landside. You can't miss it.

"Duty free" arrangements for arriving passengers is not unusual in Europe now, LHR has it for example. KEF genuinely is tax free however. Most of the facilities for arriving passengers in Europe involve some sort of heavy discounting or special products.
I meant to say thanks, but lost the wifi signal. Thanks.

Last edited by Firewind; Feb 28, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.