Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Hilton Nordica

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica

Map| 2 Reviews | 50% Recommended

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica

Sudurlandsbraut 2 Reykjavik, IS 108

Hilton Nordica (0 Photo)

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica

Our six night stay at this hotel was really exceptional.  We had the executive floor and  the view got a glimpse of some moutains, it was quiet.  Service was very good. The executive lounge was nicely stocked and hostess gracious.  Spa was super and when you used the hot pots, you got a free shoulder massage.  Breakfast buffet was extensive and well managed.  Couldn't afford the VOX restaurant but brokedown one night and ordered room service which was very very good.  Front desk was gracious and helpful.  The tour service desk was also very good.  Entire property seemed maintained and cleaned.  Parking was free.  Not much around the hotel but we used the drug store a couple of times.  Bus service was quick to the marina area if you take the time to download the local bus service app.

We did hop on hop off bus in the late afternoon and used it the following day for free.

Hilton Nordica

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Reykjavik Nordica?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mphall
Introduction Our six night stay at this hotel was really exceptional. We had the executive floor and the view got a glimpse of some moutains, it was quiet. Service was very good. The executive lounge was nicely stocked and hostess gracious. Spa was super and when you used the hot pots, you got a free shoulder massage. Breakfast buffet was extensive and well managed. Couldn't afford the VOX restaurant but brokedown one night and ordered room service which was very very good. Front desk was gracious and helpful. The tour service desk was also very good. Entire property seemed maintained and cleaned. Parking was free. Not much around the hotel but we used the drug store a couple of times. Bus service was quick to the marina area if you take the time to download the local bus service app.We did hop on hop off bus in the late afternoon and used it the following day for free.
Nice to know spending a night here in September.
mphall likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Trying to figure the best option for Christmas visit to Iceland. Nordica seems good value at 45k per night, or 123k to get lounge access. The Canopy and Konsulate both include breakfast and better locations for 70k. As a lowly gold I assume the chances of an upgrade to an exec room would be slim?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
When I stayed 2 years ago as Gold I had a room just below executive floor . Rooms basically the same, but had lounge and full breakfast in mornings. Wonderful free use of spa jacuzzi and shoulder massage. Free bus pass to town close by. At the time the Russian Billionaire's yacht "A" was in port, it had also been o our Santa Barbara harbor a few years before. Looked like something from the future or James Bond .
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Does anyone have a contact name/email for the GM or Reservations Manager?

I get no response from [email protected].
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by edbyu
Does anyone have a contact name/email for the GM or Reservations Manager?

I get no response from [email protected].
this is what I used and got a response in a few hours. Currently staying here.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:26 pm

Here are the latest Executive Lounge offerings for this property in case anyone is staying soon.

Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Here are the latest Executive Lounge offerings for this property in case anyone is staying soon.

https://youtu.be/3fobvCv863M
Thanks, but I would counter that your video is of the breakfast only. During the day and evening the lounge offers are extremely sparse. A few bottles of sparkling water, which once gone are slow to be replaced, and a few cookies. During the evening some pizza bites and not much else.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by GarlicFlyer
Thanks, but I would counter that your video is of the breakfast only. During the day and evening the lounge offers are extremely sparse. A few bottles of sparkling water, which once gone are slow to be replaced, and a few cookies. During the evening some pizza bites and not much else.
Touche! As I did notice some of the same muffins and cookies that were there in the morning seemed to make it to the evening selection as well.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Brandinho1

Touche! As I did notice some of the same muffins and cookies that were there in the morning seemed to make it to the evening selection as well.
Edit: Front desk did say if you stay more than one night ( which I didn’t ) you can have breakfast in the restaurant, which is supposed to have a better spread.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Just got back from a 7 night award stay at this hotel. I'm Diamond and also have been SPG Plat and Marriott Plat the last 5 years.
- Room was ready before noon and they checked us right in
- They did upgrade us from a standard queen to the exec queen on 8th floor (exec floor)
- Our room faced the north, which did allow us to see the northern lights, twice, from our room. If your are sensitive to street noise, this side has the road in front of it, so you can hear traffic. There is no wall unit fan, radiated heater if you need it but our problem was keeping the room cool, which required leaving the small windows (the part of the window that would open) open. That of course increased the noise level. They were pretty good at muffling the street noise. There was a refrigerator in the room, which was a former 'pay' fridge that did a good job keeping items cold. Bed was pretty bad, especially compared to SPG that emphasizes the bed. This was was pretty worn and saggy.
- Had option of breakfast in lounge vs. restaurant. Lounge was pretty typical, fruit, scrambled eggs, some pastries/muffins. Restaurant breakfast 100% better. Full options and they'll cook your eggs to order, really no comparison. Only issue I has, is I have a coke instead of coffee, free in the lounge, $4.00 in the restaurant.
- Hotel location - on the website, it seems to say 5 minute walk to town. Something at the hotel said 5 min bus ride, neither are accurate. To get to the main section of town (where the other Hilton properties are) it's at least a 15 minute bus ride that requires a connection, which doesn't include wait time at the bus stop (which is right in front of the hotel). The bus routes really only take you to the eastern edge of the main part of old town. If you walk further west, you'll have to walk back to the east to get a bus (there may be some options to the south side, but the buses skirt the main part of town most want to visit). Taxis for a 2 mile trip are $30 one way. Buses are $8 round trip. Parking on the street free after 6pm, if you use a garage, seemed to work out to $8-10 for 6-8 hours. The bus app was pretty good, but personally, my phone had sporadic internet service too frequently, so that limited the value of the app on the return (but that could just be my phone). We used the hotel as a base to explore other parts of Iceland, but everything in Reyk is in town and requires some thought on how you'll get there.

Other than our check in upgrade, never heard from the hotel again relative to my Diamond status. Since we were there so long we did ask about an upgrade to a suite after being there for a couple days. They said when flights are cancelled, airlines book up all their rooms (we saw this one day). The manager said they didn't have any suites available during our stay, even when we looked at the last 5, 4 or 3 days of our stay.

If we had to do it over we may have taken 2 nights in town and 5 at the Hilton. Parking is free at the Hilton, not free at the other properties.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by deac83
Just got back from a 7 night award stay at this hotel. I'm Diamond and also have been SPG Plat and Marriott Plat the last 5 years.
- Room was ready before noon and they checked us right in
- They did upgrade us from a standard queen to the exec queen on 8th floor (exec floor)
- Our room faced the north, which did allow us to see the northern lights, twice, from our room. If your are sensitive to street noise, this side has the road in front of it, so you can hear traffic. There is no wall unit fan, radiated heater if you need it but our problem was keeping the room cool, which required leaving the small windows (the part of the window that would open) open. That of course increased the noise level. They were pretty good at muffling the street noise. There was a refrigerator in the room, which was a former 'pay' fridge that did a good job keeping items cold. Bed was pretty bad, especially compared to SPG that emphasizes the bed. This was was pretty worn and saggy.
- Had option of breakfast in lounge vs. restaurant. Lounge was pretty typical, fruit, scrambled eggs, some pastries/muffins. Restaurant breakfast 100% better. Full options and they'll cook your eggs to order, really no comparison. Only issue I has, is I have a coke instead of coffee, free in the lounge, $4.00 in the restaurant.
- Hotel location - on the website, it seems to say 5 minute walk to town. Something at the hotel said 5 min bus ride, neither are accurate. To get to the main section of town (where the other Hilton properties are) it's at least a 15 minute bus ride that requires a connection, which doesn't include wait time at the bus stop (which is right in front of the hotel). The bus routes really only take you to the eastern edge of the main part of old town. If you walk further west, you'll have to walk back to the east to get a bus (there may be some options to the south side, but the buses skirt the main part of town most want to visit). Taxis for a 2 mile trip are $30 one way. Buses are $8 round trip. Parking on the street free after 6pm, if you use a garage, seemed to work out to $8-10 for 6-8 hours. The bus app was pretty good, but personally, my phone had sporadic internet service too frequently, so that limited the value of the app on the return (but that could just be my phone). We used the hotel as a base to explore other parts of Iceland, but everything in Reyk is in town and requires some thought on how you'll get there.

Other than our check in upgrade, never heard from the hotel again relative to my Diamond status. Since we were there so long we did ask about an upgrade to a suite after being there for a couple days. They said when flights are cancelled, airlines book up all their rooms (we saw this one day). The manager said they didn't have any suites available during our stay, even when we looked at the last 5, 4 or 3 days of our stay.

If we had to do it over we may have taken 2 nights in town and 5 at the Hilton. Parking is free at the Hilton, not free at the other properties.
Very accurate assessment. One nice plus: If you enjoy a nice stroll, crossing the street leads to paths to a very pretty arboretum/gardens with interesting Icelandic plants and flowers. And it's a five-minute walk to the Grand Hotel, which will take you downtown (but don't tell them you're staying elsewhere!). Also, two blocks away is a Mexican restaurant believe it or not, with very reasonable prices--for Iceland that is.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:58 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 21H21J
Trying to figure the best option for Christmas visit to Iceland. Nordica seems good value at 45k per night, or 123k to get lounge access. The Canopy and Konsulate both include breakfast and better locations for 70k. As a lowly gold I assume the chances of an upgrade to an exec room would be slim?
I booked a single using points as a Gold member and they upgraded me to the queen, so it looks like a one level upgrade. I went ahead and canceled and will wait until my status updates to diamond and then I will re-book a queen. Although I may reconsider the Canopy and Konsulate as well for December.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vh_bu98
I booked a single using points as a Gold member and they upgraded me to the queen, so it looks like a one level upgrade. I went ahead and canceled and will wait until my status updates to diamond and then I will re-book a queen. Although I may reconsider the Canopy and Konsulate as well for December.
IMO, it's more about what you want to do, if you want easy access to town/restaurants (i.e. walk out the door) the Hilton is not the answer. It's a legit $30 taxi fare from town to the Hilton. It's $4/person each way for the bus (more time consuming, est 20-25 min to wait and connect). If you have a car, free parking at the Hilton, no so at the others.

A word of advice, the Hilton seems to have deals with groups, conferences and airlines so availability can fluctuate dramatically. We spent 7 nights at the Hilton, we considered splitting 2 and 5 (i.e. get the 5 night for 4 benefit) to stay downtown and wish we had.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
If cost is no obstacle for you, then I would go with regular room. Food is so expensive that a kids fish and chips at the museum was $25. Pizza was $40. The executive floor at least gives you something. I would never go back to Iceland but if someone paid me I would go for three nights, see the northern lights and get the heck out of there. Dismal downtown filled with graffiti and marginal musuems. We went for the arts festival but nothing could be found for the 6 days we were there. It's trendy right now. Kind of like Prague was a few years ago. Iceland was my least favorite of anywhere I have ever been. Cheap to get there but expensive to do anything else. Alaska, Canada and any US national park has Iceland beat. In my opinion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.