Search

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica {ISL}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2007, 2:59 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Arrow Hilton Reykjavik Nordica {ISL}

05/30/2007 - 'Nordica Hotel in Reykjavík will become part of the Hilton hotel chain after a few weeks and renamed “Hilton Reykjavík Nordica,” according to an agreement signed in Düsseldorf, Germany, yesterday.'

http://www.icelandreview.com/iceland..._0_a_id=282921
Old Jun 1, 2007, 5:23 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Always wanted to go there
Old Jun 1, 2007, 8:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
EXCELLENT news, raunow. TY for the heads-up ^
Old Jun 1, 2007, 9:32 am
Suspended

Thanks for the notice!! ^ ^
Old Jun 2, 2007, 6:11 am

Start saving now if you want to go... one of the most expensive places to hang out there is. I had friends from London who left early because cost of everything was onerous.. even by London standards.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 6:16 am

Programs: Delta Silver
Originally Posted by xooz
Start saving now if you want to go... one of the most expensive places to hang out there is. I had friends from London who left early because cost of everything was onerous.. even by London standards.
Unless, of course, you have an Icelandic connection who can show you how to get around on the string!
Old Jun 2, 2007, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well it would have been full 2-3 years ago when a gazillion FTers descended upon Iceland due to the fare boo-boo!

Cheers.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
An obvious question is which category is it at?
Old Jun 3, 2007, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Is this the property I've known as the Icelandair Hotel Nordica?
Old Jun 4, 2007, 3:50 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Is this the property I've known as the Icelandair Hotel Nordica?
It would seem so.

The agreement between the current owner of Nordica Hotel, Icelandair Hotels, and Hilton Hotels Corporation, includes an ownership exchange, but Icelandair Hotels will continue to operate Nordica Hotel, Fréttabladid reports.
Reviews on Tripadvisor:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Reykjavik.html

- Yann
Old Jun 4, 2007, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
This was formerly the Hotel Esja. I stayed there on my first trip to Iceland. It was quite nice.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: UA G-1MM/*G, B6 Mosaicm, DL G, HH S, Bonvoy(...?) Plat, Avis PS, Hertz 5*, Nat ExVIP
I went to Reykjavik last winter for an attempt at the Northern Lights (unfortunately raining and overcast) and was disappointed at the lack of Hilton properties--I expected to find a Scandic, if only to be comrades with their Nordic peers.

Now that Scandic is breaking off, perhaps this is a sign of a resurgent Hilton in the Nordics. if anything, I look forward to booking at the new location.

Timothy

And I've LIVED in London.. Reykjavik is expensive, agreed, but they didn't charged me £30 for a light Thai dinner in Iceland. If anything, I'm hoping the expense of the city will chase off the British Stag/Hen crowds.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 6:17 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Excellent news! Anyone know when the ownership change will go into effect (and of course what category will it be)?

Now if only Starwood would finally get a property in Iceland as well....
Old Dec 19, 2007, 3:39 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, PriorityClub Gold, Marriott, UA Mileage Plus, LH Miles & More, Sixt Platinum
There it is: Hilton Reykjavik Nordica

Don't know, when it opened, but I did not see it mentioned here.

With code P63BAB you will get a night incl. Breakfast and double HHonors Base Points from 16.400,00 ISK (ca. 185,- € / 260,- $).

Greetings,

Christian.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Bought a ticket. And made a res for the Hilton. Any news?

Icelandair is having a promo rate so BOS to KEF and back less than $500. Seemed good to me. So a buddy and I will head over. Hotel rate not that bad. Any comments? Everything appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.