Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica {ISL}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
And this on-arrival-duty free has been there already 35 years ago. Since prices for alcohol were very high those days (and I think they still are), this was a mere blessing.
I am overdue to visit Reykjavik after so many years again and would definitely stay at the Hilton just for Diamond benefits.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Zurich
(and I think they still are),
And this was evident in my experience clearing customs on arrival. I had a 15 GBP bottle of wine and a half full bottle of Baileys in my checked luggage and was detained for 30 minutes pending a duty assessment .
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: Delta Gold
Thanks all for the tips. We may just take the bus and then cab from there.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by channonc
Question for those who have stayed here. Is it easier to take the city bus from the airport or just take a taxi? It looks like the buses drop a bit of a distance from the hotel.
The City Bus is fine - I used it both ways with a brief stop at the Blue lagoon on the return.

To get to the Hilton, the bus did drop off other passengers at their city hub for transfers to other hotels and then I just remained on the bus for the short transfer to the Hilton.

I don't understand why you think that the bust drops off passengers away from the hotel.

As for the hotel itself, it was fine, but no recognition of status so obviously no upgrade of additional benefits which was a little disappointing.

Walking into the city from the hotel isn't a problem and I never used the bus passes.

Like most things in Iceland, I found the hotel rates pricey, but there were some reasonable offers in the Hilton sales that I unfortunately missed.

If the price was right, I would likely stay there again.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
So, does the Hilton provide bus passes to all guests all the time, or only under limited circumstances? Thank you.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
All Guests if available, all the time. It's advertised in the lifts. One pass caters for 4 people. This is for around town.

I just returned after a fantastic stay. Must say I do love the lounge there. Nice spread of food and drinks with good Red, White and Prosseco.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by channonc
Thanks all for the tips. We may just take the bus and then cab from there.
Take the FlyBus. If flying Iceland Air you can buy your ticket onboard. From Airport it will take you to the terminal and then onward connection, usually on the same bus, to the Hilton. For your return just advise reception and they will make the booking for you.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
[Nevvver mind ... answer subsumed in ExpatSomchai's post directly above.]
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:42 pm

So if we have a rental car while visiting and will be there in winter, would there be any advantage to staying at the new Canopy property over this one? It sounds like it's pretty close to the city center and we can just drive in if it's really cold. The Canopy looks beautiful, but is there a huge benefit other than that to justify the cost difference?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:34 am

Thanks Passy and Expat. Sounds like I just need to stay on the bus. So we will plan on that. As for our stay, husband is Diamond and we are staying on points. We wanted to burn some, and since the Canopy hotel isn't open yet this was our only Hilton option.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Taxi cost and Diamond upgrade

What is the cost of a taxi from the airport to the Hilton and are there any companies that you can recommend? I am not interested in taking the bus.

Do they honor diamond benefits and upgrades ?

Last edited by mzredhead; Mar 2, 2016 at 5:57 am Reason: more information
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by mzredhead
What is the cost of a taxi from the airport to the Hilton and are there any companies that you can recommend? I am not interested in taking the bus.

Do they honor diamond benefits and upgrades ?
Take the bus. It is a nice coach bus. Taxi will cost $125-150. Bus will be around $20 per person.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 2:39 pm

One last question, I noticed when I did a websearch that it looked like there are two bus companies that run this route. It appears that the Flybus + is the the one that drops at the hotel, is that correct?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 2:41 pm

Yes correct
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:11 pm

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.