Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's only about 200 metres if that's what you mean. It's not at the door of the hotel. Jerry's links above gives you a overhead photo as to how to do it. Once T4 reopens it may be easier to get off at T4 itself and use the overhead walkway. Departing the hotel, I don't think it's worth using the walkway, it's easier to go around the right side of the Premier Inn.
I stopped using the Hoppa years ago, then stopped using the train to go from T5 to T4 after C-W-S started posting his bus directions; the bus was free of course, faster, and more convenient.

When T4 is open I still tend to use the tunnel/walkway as it often seems to be raining when I am transitting but the Starlight Way bus stop is slightly faster especially if you are on the move as much as C-W-S.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Booked this hotel for a last-minute trip exT5 next Friday.

Reviews look positive so looking forward to staying here and avoiding the 4am/5am wake up call.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by angeloedades
Booked this hotel for a last-minute trip exT5 next Friday.

Reviews look positive so looking forward to staying here and avoiding the 4am/5am wake up call.
my flight will be at T5 at 8:20 am so I want to be as close as possible (but a lounge makes things easier so a little distance won’t hurt)
angeloedades likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
What's the breakfast and lounge food (if any) like at the moment?
Old May 22, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I'll be back next weekend (and a few weeks later). Will report back.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The breakfast buffet was very good with a very large selection of hot and cold items ( omelettes made to order also) . Free to Diamonds

Lounge had packaged snacks in the afternoon ( ie biscuits , pretzels popcorn etc)

Reasonable selection of drinks in the evening ( no sparking wine though )- they did have rekorderlig cider.

Few small canapes and a couple of hot items ( ie spring rolls etc) as well as the packaged snacks. ok for a light snack but not as a dinner substitute.

Dinner in Oxbo was reasonable for a hotel restaurant

No local convenience store as T4 is closed.

Regards

TBS
lsquare and wizla like this.
Old May 22, 2022, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

The breakfast buffet was very good with a very large selection of hot and cold items ( omelettes made to order also) . Free to Diamonds

Lounge had packaged snacks in the afternoon ( ie biscuits , pretzels popcorn etc)

Reasonable selection of drinks in the evening ( no sparking wine though )- they did have rekorderlig cider.

Few small canapes and a couple of hot items ( ie spring rolls etc) as well as the packaged snacks. ok for a light snack but not as a dinner substitute.

Dinner in Oxbo was reasonable for a hotel restaurant

No local convenience store as T4 is closed.

Regards

TBS
It sounds like I found my hotel!

What time is breakfast from?

Can you be more specific as to what's served for breakfast? I would love to have more details.

What time is the lounge open?

What time are the hors d'oeuvres served?

I think AY1338 departs from T3. How do I get there from this Hilton?

TIA!
Old May 22, 2022, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare
It sounds like I found my hotel!

What time is breakfast from?

Can you be more specific as to what's served for breakfast? I would love to have more details.

What time is the lounge open?

What time are the hors d'oeuvres served?

I think AY1338 departs from T3. How do I get there from this Hilton?

TIA!

Hi,
Lounge is open all day. Evening snacks from 1800 to 2000

Breakfast ( see my comments re HGI T2 but a larger selection ( plus salmon) and omeletes made to order. Quality is better I think it starts from 0600

The problem with this hotel is currently T4 is closed so you cannot take the train to T2/3 so T3 is probably the worsr terminal to leave from currently ( I think T4 reopens in July so trains may start then)

Options would be
Short walk to bus stop , take a TFL bus to T5 then Heathrow express or tube to T3
Hotel hoppa to T5 or T2
Taxi/uber

Regards

TBS
Abidjan and lsquare like this.
Old May 22, 2022, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Breakfast ( see my comments re HGI T2 but a larger selection ( plus salmon) and omeletes made to order. Quality is better I think it starts from 0600

The problem with this hotel is currently T4 is closed so you cannot take the train to T2/3 so T3 is probably the worsr terminal to leave from currently ( I think T4 reopens in July so trains may start then)

Options would be
Short walk to bus stop , take a TFL bus to T5 then Heathrow express or tube to T3
Hotel hoppa to T5 or T2
Taxi/uber

Regards

TBS
Thank you so much.

Do you mean the lounge is open 24/7?

I love salmon!

I'm definitely interested in trying out the lounge food. I want as complete of an experience as possible at this hotel. Maybe I'll write my own review towards the end of June.

Is it walkable to T3? If so, how long?

I'm not sure what a Hoppa is.

I no longer have an Oyster card. I think I returned it for a refund years ago. On my last trip to London, I just used my Chase Sapphire Reserve exclusively on the Tube. I'm assuming I can use my CSR on the bus as well? I'm assuming I'll get the same bus and subway rate using my credit card as an Oyster card? I rather not buy an Oyster card if I don't have to.
Old May 23, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Thank you so much.

Do you mean the lounge is open 24/7?

I love salmon!

I'm definitely interested in trying out the lounge food. I want as complete of an experience as possible at this hotel. Maybe I'll write my own review towards the end of June.

Is it walkable to T3? If so, how long?

I'm not sure what a Hoppa is.

I no longer have an Oyster card. I think I returned it for a refund years ago. On my last trip to London, I just used my Chase Sapphire Reserve exclusively on the Tube. I'm assuming I can use my CSR on the bus as well? I'm assuming I'll get the same bus and subway rate using my credit card as an Oyster card? I rather not buy an Oyster card if I don't have to.
You can’t walk from T4 to T3. T4 is to the south of the airport, T3 (and T2) are in the Central Terminal Area between the two runways.

Hoppa are the hotel shuttle buses. They are costly (£6 per person each way) and not particularly frequent (every 30 minutes). They don’t take Ouster. You can get a small discount for buying your tickets in advance on the website: https://www.hotelhoppa.co.uk/

You can use a contactless credit/debit card on Transport for London red buses in the same way as on the tube (ie. not Hoppa and not a very small number of buses at Heathrow that come in from outside London*). Fare is currently £1.65, you touch in by the driver on boarding and there is no need to touch out. You need one card per person. You can touch in again on a bus for up to an hour for no extra charge in case you need to use more than one bus to finish your journey.

* I suspect you can pay by contactless on these buses, as you can on most buses in England, however on other buses the fares and rules are going to be different.
Old May 27, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Over the years, I've always loved the smoked salmon at this hotel; much better quality than most other hotels (of any brand) anywhere. I hope it's the same.

Hotel hoppa to T5 or T2
Taxi/uber
The hotel has a taxi company they recommend that charges £20.00 Uber estimated something like £35.

I love salmon!
I hope it's the same as pre-COVID. That was so delicious!
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by anabolism; May 27, 2022 at 7:53 am
Old May 27, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: AA LT Plat - 2MM;HH Diamond
Hi,

Options would be
Hotel hoppa to T5 or T2
Taxi/uber

Regards

TBS
We currently have a flight into T3 and out the next day from T5, and then coming home after some time in London, we are planning to stay near the airport the night before a flight out of T5. (This assumes the terminals are the same in August.) I currently have a room booked for each of those 2 nights at the HGI T3 Airport. I am trying to decide if I should keep our T3 hotel for both nights or consider this one. T3 seems like the transit will be much easier for our T3 arrival and from London at the end of our vacation and to T5 for both flights out. Anyone want to sway me that this would be "better"? Should I also put the Hilton T5 (that doesn't appear to be that close to T5) into the mix?
Old May 27, 2022, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danorum
We currently have a flight into T3 and out the next day from T5, and then coming home after some time in London, we are planning to stay near the airport the night before a flight out of T5. (This assumes the terminals are the same in August.) I currently have a room booked for each of those 2 nights at the HGI T3 Airport. I am trying to decide if I should keep our T3 hotel for both nights or consider this one. T3 seems like the transit will be much easier for our T3 arrival and from London at the end of our vacation and to T5 for both flights out. Anyone want to sway me that this would be "better"? Should I also put the Hilton T5 (that doesn't appear to be that close to T5) into the mix?

Hi,

LHR T4 is due to reopen in June ( I assume the T4 underground station and rail station will reopen also). This will make getting to the Hilton easier ie take the covered walkway from the hilton t4to t4 then the tube or rail to T2/3 and connect to T5.

The HGI at T2/3 is more convenient but the hilton T4 is a better hotel.

You will need a taxi/uber to get to the Hilton T5 ( but it is a nicer hotel IMO)

Regards

TBS
MaxFlyer, danorum, lsquare and 1 others like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

LHR T4 is due to reopen in June ( I assume the T4 underground station and rail station will reopen also). This will make getting to the Hilton easier ie take the covered walkway from the hilton t4to t4 then the tube or rail to T2/3 and connect to T5.

The HGI at T2/3 is more convenient but the hilton T4 is a better hotel.

You will need a taxi/uber to get to the Hilton T5 ( but it is a nicer hotel IMO)

Regards

TBS
When exactly? I'll be in London in mid-June!
Old May 27, 2022, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Hmm, Actually one website siad June ,others say ' by July

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...irways-returns

Not sure if a specifc date has been annouced yet.Sorry

Regards

TBS
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.