Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2023, 11:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Dax1956
I think it may of increased, I was offered £25.
Was certainly £25 at Christmas, although when the Concierge on duty saw we had three suitcases that increased to £40.

​​​​​
Old Mar 8, 2023, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Visconti
You have to pay for an airport bus? Or, is this the London municipal (no idea of the nomenclature here) transport service? I suppose, assuming I'd ever find my old Oyster/Octopus (been so long, have forgotten which is which between HK & UK), I'd be able to hop on it, providing I can actually find the bus stop. LHR strikes me as an incredibly expansive and very complex terminal, kind of like LAX on steroids.
L​AX and LHR are definitely weird airports. ​​​​​​
Old Mar 11, 2023, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
LOL...Yeah, it does take some getting used to.

By the way, the breakfast at this hotel is excellent!

During my first stay, I had assumed it was your typical airport Hilton breakfast (CDG, DUB, LAX, etc...) and just didn't bother with it. But, recently I was a little hungry upon waking and decided to check it out. Boy, glad I did! They make the best omelet I've had in Europe--it was fresh, tasted good, not dry and with extra cheese! The rest of the offerings were all of very high quality, and they even have vegan sausages and a section for those with more discerning culinary concerns.

So, a tip. Do take breakfast here and y'all won't regret it.
Freetotravel likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 9:00 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Visconti
… LHR strikes me as an incredibly expansive and very complex terminal, kind of like LAX on steroids.
In the discussion of weird airports, JFK must be included. LAX terminals have a pattern and are walkable. LHR is more like JFK on steroids … or vice versa .
Old Mar 16, 2023, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
In the discussion of weird airports, JFK must be included. LAX terminals have a pattern and are walkable. LHR is more like JFK on steroids … or vice versa .
Yeah, I see where you're coming from, and JFK certainly belongs in the category. You know, after the construction, I'd prefer leaving from LGA over whatever's goin on in JFK these days. I mean, bus from or to T8 to T1? Getting my a** bussed in LHR and then bussed again in JFK would be too much to bear. Seriously.

PS - Let's try to minimize motorized transport in airports. I mean, aren't planes causing enough of the CO2 thing? Let's be more green! So, stop the gas guzzling busses.
Old May 20, 2023, 3:23 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
A few more stays here recently. A couple of observations. Upgrades to an exec room seem to be consistent. And the evening service in the lounge can vary. Some days it seems to be packed and others really quiet. The evening selection is ok but not wonderful and when it’s busy can be spread quite thin!! Better to arrive early. There are lounge attendants throughout the day and so it is kept tidy and the soft drinks and snacks etc are in good supply. The lounge is so comfortable to sit and read for an hour or two. And given that it’s an airport hotel, the whole place is quiet and calm and feels very spacious because of the huge atrium.

I kind of feel that the subterranean gym needs a rethink now there is no pool. It is quite full of equipment (some of which doesn’t work), the free weights section is tiny and can’t be used by more than a couple of people at a time,
and the cardio machines are pushed right up against each other. Given the size and space in this hotel maybe change is possible - bigger, natural light and more upmarket feel?

There is a new shop to the left of the checkin desks (similar to a pantry in a HGI). Very expensive and I never saw anyone use it.

Breakfast is my favorite part. Absolutely fantastic.
Old May 20, 2023, 6:37 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Well said on all fronts. I'm a big fan of this hotel. The gym really does need a refresh, especially in light of how impressive it used to be when it was a health club (pool included). Right now, it's an afterthought. At the very least, to your point, they can give the equipment some TLC.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 4:08 am

FYI - from my welcome email for a stay tomorrow, re: upcoming Exec Lounge renovations:

The Executive Lounge will be under refurbishment as of the 7th of August. Our exciting newly refurbished Executive Lounge is planned to be finished and launched on the 11th of September 2023. You still be able to get the same wonderful service and offering just in a different location:

Our award-winning breakfast will be served at OXBO Kitchen from the 1st of August 2023 onwards

Our temporary location will be sign posted on your arrival with the below offerings:

All Day light refreshments:
11.00am to 22:00pm daily

Evening offerings:
17:00pm to 19:00pm daily

We look forward to welcoming you to our Executive Lounge.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 4:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
This has been in the planning stage for a while.

The majority of the furniture is being replaced.

Whether it will be as nice to sit, we will have to see.

The temporary location is an old restaurant.

Good to have a date as I was told mid July.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 8:02 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
I had a recent stay here which was decent.

Three things to note:

1. The access from the Starlight Way/Sheffield Way bus stops is not step free.

2. The Sheffield Way was closed and coned off when I left in the morning trying to get to T5. Worth checking the night before if you have an early departure.

3. A small Coke in the restaurant is nearly £5, when you include the service charge. You can obviously get a free one in the lounge but was having dinner in the bar.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Abidjan
FYI - from my welcome email for a stay tomorrow, re: upcoming Exec Lounge renovations:

The Executive Lounge will be under refurbishment as of the 7th of August. Our exciting newly refurbished Executive Lounge is planned to be finished and launched on the 11th of September 2023. You still be able to get the same wonderful service and offering just in a different location:

Our award-winning breakfast will be served at OXBO Kitchen from the 1st of August 2023 onwards

Our temporary location will be sign posted on your arrival with the below offerings:

All Day light refreshments:
11.00am to 22:00pm daily

Evening offerings:
17:00pm to 19:00pm daily

We look forward to welcoming you to our Executive Lounge.
Did something changed with breakfast? I ate at the restaurant during my stay in 2022.

Originally Posted by lcylocal
I had a recent stay here which was decent.

Three things to note:

1. The access from the Starlight Way/Sheffield Way bus stops is not step free.

2. The Sheffield Way was closed and coned off when I left in the morning trying to get to T5. Worth checking the night before if you have an early departure.

3. A small Coke in the restaurant is nearly £5, when you include the service charge. You can obviously get a free one in the lounge but was having dinner in the bar.
Indeed. I was about to even bring a bottle back to my room.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 1:25 am

All good, nothing has changed. OXBO breakfast option continues to be on offer (and great, as always).

Did something changed with breakfast? I ate at the restaurant during my stay in 2022.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All good, nothing has changed. OXBO breakfast option continues to be on offer (and great, as always).
That's good to know. I was worried things have changed.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 8:35 am

Just asked at check-in and they told me the temp lounge will be located in the former Zen restaurant space. Not bad.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 1:54 am

Just asked at check-in and they told me the temp lounge will be located in the former Zen restaurant space. Not bad.
Any refurbishment will be welcomed. The lounge with odd seating and desk layouts is pretty outdated (especially compared to the lounge at the Bankside, which has a comparable OXBO restaurant) and not a great place for a glass of vinegar and a cheese cube.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.