Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Got my prearrival email today which included a Hotel hoppa timetable ( will use the local bus service but good of them to advise of that and also that T4 is closed)
Executive Lounge snacks from 6 to 8pm

Continental breakfast from 0530 and Full English from 0600-1000 daily

Regards

TBS
I’m hearing reports from another forum I’m a member of that the executive lounge is particularly good here, I seem to remember it being great on my last stay albeit a few years ago , I’ve probably reviewed it a few pages back.
pauleeepaul likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Terminal 4 is reopening in July, which makes this hotel more attractive due to rail links to the other terminals.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by wizla
I’m hearing reports from another forum I’m a member of that the executive lounge is particularly good here, I seem to remember it being great on my last stay albeit a few years ago , I’ve probably reviewed it a few pages back.

hi

Whilst the lounge is good I was there in November and the evening canapes were small ( OK for am aperitif) and poor compared to say the Bankside. It may have improved since then

Regards

Tbs

Ps awaiting my digital key. Checking in on the app there were only 2 jr suites available on floor 2 or 5.
I chose floor 5.

Digital key arrived at noon

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Feb 25, 2022 at 5:56 am
Old Feb 24, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
EL spread definitely reduced - - two hot items/finger foods - plus some canapes. Cheese board wasn't there last month, so hopefully it's back (along with breakfast). Overall, the EL is still very solid and, overall, comparable to things pre-COVID.
The _Banking_Scot and wizla like this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

Here now.
Digital key worked.
Room is large and well appointed. As it overlooks the bar restaurant there is less natural light without the lights on.
living room is lsrge with its own TV and tge cupboard with bathrobe and slippers.
nespresso style machine plus kettle The bathroom ( walk in shower) is nice and also has mouthwash toothbrush comb and razor.
the bedroom has its own TV and a sliding door separates the living room from the bedroom.
2 bottles of water in the living room and 2 more by the bed

Digital key generated an error when trying the executive lounge but soon got a key from reception.

Soft drinks tea and coffee and packaged snacks ie biscuits popcorn pretzels Alpen bar available just noe with evening snacks from 6pm

Guest pc in the lounge currently out of service
will freshen up have evening drinks and dinner then gym time tonight.

Regards

Tbs

hi

Now having evening snacks . No change since late November
2 hot items ( king prawn roll and fried falafel balls) and 2 cold items ( smoked salmon mousse on bread and houmous)
No sparking wine
1 type of red and white wine plus beer cider and some spirits
Red wine is not bad.

Packaged snacks still available also
pauleeepaul, Abidjan and wizla like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Feb 25, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

dinner at oxbo was good last night with good service.

Gym was empty and maybe a little warm if on the treadmill for a while.
Railhead shower was good although the bathroom is s little on the small side.

Bed was comfortable and room was dark . The bed area is beside the housekeeping area as I heard some banging through the walls early morning.

Lounge is open but breakfast is only in oxbo.
Breakfast is very good with made to order omelettes.
One of the servers recognised me from the November visit and took my omelette order.

Overall excellent value for gbp100pn.

Will gym today ( burn off a few calories before the
f flight tonight to dubai)
think I might jog up to Hatton Cross and back ( just under 2 miles then gym as it is a sunny day and a nit of heat in the sun. A bit cool for shorts but as I keep moving should be ok.

The 2pcs in the business centre ( downstairs from the oxbo kitchen) work okay and are available all the time
Regards

Tbs

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Feb 26, 2022 at 4:04 am
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Staying here this weekend, booked fairly last minute cash rate as quite reasonable and better value than using points. Decided to stay here compared to the T5 hotel as this hotel states in/out car privileges whereas the T5 does not allow that (from both hotel websites). Will update on whether that is true or a hassle or not.

No upgrade on the app but there was barely 3 days before the stay so will see what shows up tomorrow...do people tend to get the upgrade in advance on the app when staying at this hotel or not?

Will arrive quite late so miss the lounge but will definitely need a drink after the long drive and day.

Hoping to drive the better half to T5 for her flight early morning and then come back and have breakfast and work for a bit before checking out...

Safe travels everyone,
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:06 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Seem to remember a Thai/Chinese themed restaurant here, is that still there and is it open (in case I do make it here earlier than anticipated) or just the main restaurant where breakfast is served? thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
Seem to remember a Thai/Chinese themed restaurant here, is that still there and is it open (in case I do make it here earlier than anticipated) or just the main restaurant where breakfast is served? thanks!
I think it was called Zen and it was good. I only see Oxbo on the website now though .
BotB likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No upgrade on the app but there was barely 3 days before the stay so will see what shows up tomorrow...do people tend to get the upgrade in advance on the app when staying at this hotel or not?
We're now in the land of 2 sorts of upgrades, the 3 day type, and the one on the day of arrival. The first is heralded with much fanfare and yes they are sometimes, but not always, given out at T4, there aren't actually many upgrade rooms in the hotel as a proportion to total inventory, the design of the hotel restricts the options, it was originally built for Sterling Hotels, who only had one room type. Book late and you won't get the 3 day upgrade.
BotB likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Yes, Zen is closed. Space is empty, atm. Gift shop is gone, too.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 9:32 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Yes, Zen is closed. Space is empty, atm. Gift shop is gone, too.
Zen is a loss. Had some very enjoyable evenings in there!
Abidjan and Aloha1 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
What is the best way to get from T5 to the hotel and then back to T5 the next day?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:25 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Can't help you blitzen, hope someone else can! I only noticed taxi\s or I assume uber drivers picking up people when I was there last night. May be other alternatives.

Thank you to those that posted replies before the stay, always appreciate the helpful info and insights on here.

Thought I'd also post a 'post' stay quick review:

Staff here are excellent, without exception from what I saw and experienced. Every single one of the people I came across was kind, polite, helpful and genuinely interested in making your stay more enjoyable...Great to see and amazing to experience. Wish I saw more of that around other hotels!

We arrived quite late (just after the exec lounge happy hour closed I was told) and the front desk staff member was lovely, gave us two drinks vouchers to use at the bar (for 2 people each) as I mentioned we'd grab something to eat...nice touch knowing we missed the exec lounge. It was quite quiet so maybe an exception but they actually took the time to look and see if I had stayed before (I have a few times but all at least a few years back now)...and asked if I wished to know any of the changes or timings...small touches but such details were apparent everywhere, from the front desk to the bar to the restaurant the next morning. Great.

Had a decent meal I have to say, was not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised and the staff member was very attentive to all the guests scattered around the bar and the food was hot and good tasting. I had the butter chicken curry and Mrs. BotB had the burger (they had meat and a plant based option as well)....both were good. We ordered some olives to nibble on (which came with sun dried tomatoes as well) and used the drinks vouchers for a couple of G & T's (house gin). Decent enough!

Pic of the food at the bottom of the review to make up your own mind about portions and quality.

Upgraded on the day to an exec room (as C-W-S suggested happens, thank you for the reply and useful info). I didn't check in and just showed up at the desk in the evening. Room was as nice as I remember it, small as others have mentioned, even for a UK room but functional...you're not going to get a roll away in there but for one or two people it was still aging well. I had forgotten about two things here: there is a small but noticeable step down from the bathroom to the room that caught me out every single time...annoying but not going to cause anyone trouble...just a bit jarring as you don't expect it. The second issue is the height of the bathtub to get in the shower...I'm a decently tall bloke and still nimble enough but even I had to whistle and admire the 100m hurdle height! (exaggerated but it is higher than you'd think and expect...mobility users take note). Room was quiet and had bathrobes and slippers, Nespresso machine (industrial pods, not the home ones) and tea/kettle, iron/board and hairdryer...

Mini bar and snack drawer were emptied...fridge was locked but at least still installed. (other hotels have taken them out altogether). We were on the 4th floor overlooking the indoor 'plaza' with the restaurant. Wifi worked well when I used it. There were also two glass bottles (small ones) of Strathmore still water on the bedside tables.

I stayed here as I was driving a car and wanted a decent place at decent price with in/out privileges for the car park...that was showing on the website and indeed was fine. You get a paper ticket upon entry and they validate it when you check in and you can use that to drive out and then upon re-entry just get a new ticket and they will validate that as well, etc...not the greenest but it works fine. £20 for overnight parking as a hotel resident, £48 if not! The car park was quite full but the hotel wasn't and when I asked, they did say quite a few use the park and fly feature so that is why the car park is fairly full...I tend to use the area to the extreme right as you drive in (under a small 'overpass' that has plenty of spaces but still secure within the car park, where most people are too lazy to walk the extra 10m to that.) A tip for those new to the hotel...to get the car park you have to go past the entrance and there is a small lay by for drop offs...use that to get the baggage out if you have a wife like mine that travels with the maximum allowance...it will save you the hassle of struggling up the stairs afterwards from the car park!)

T5 (by car) is about 5 minutes away around the ring road...quite easy...£5 drop off fees aren't great but aren't new anymore either...you pay online and have until midnight the day after you dropped someone off...or can book in advance.

The new renovation of the bar and restaurant area is nice and welcoming while still allowing for mixed seating group sizes and some sense of relaxing atmosphere.

Had breakfast this morning and the spread was as I remember it before covid so that was impressive to see and nice! Friendly staff came around often and cleared up and chatted with those that wanted to...The chap at the restaurant entrance has a memory second to none. He took the hot beverage order as he seats you and then seats a few more people and I was sure he would forget or get busy with other things but no, soon enough, my cappuccino was delivered...it isn't from a barista machine but it was actually very good...I have to admit I was yet again pleasantly surprised. Not going to win prizes but it was decent enough!

Check out was quick and efficient (I did it in person due to the parking situation) but obviously one could check out via the app as well.

Still a great hotel, happily stay again and recommend it, shame Zen and the other restaurant closed down but the main restaurant and bar area are decent enough and still better than many other Hilton's single choices anyway.

When T4 does reopen in July (I believe) it will definitely pick up more business and be more convenient for getting between terminals but while T4 is closed, seems the staff are going the extra mile to ensure guests spread the word that they are open and welcome guests!

Hope this helps, safe travels, as a friend says: next stay: you guessed it...Hilton East Midlands Airport Tuesday night...(no, I don't have a special place in my heart for airport Hiltons) Although I seem to have stayed at enough of them!

Pic of the evening meals and gin/tonics:

Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Thanks for the updated review and pictures. Glad to hear the hotel is still a nice option.

T5 (by car) is about 5 minutes away around the ring road.
I'm stunned to read this. Over the years I've traveled between the T4 Hilton and T5 by the free inter-terminal train (when T4 was open, obviously), Heathrow bus, public bus, Uber, taxi, and Minicab. It has never been anything like five minutes; more like 25-30, regardless of which option.
BotB and blitzen like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.