Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
This is what i received some months ago:

In regards of the pool, kindly inform you that we have attached alternative location for Diamond member's pool. The all-day dining Suku restaurant will be undergo refurbishment from 1st November 2017 until 31st August 2018. Guests will continue to enjoy dishes and local performance and daily buffet meals at Spice on the 3rd floor. The air- conditioned Spice offers magnificent view of the Indian Ocean.

All other restaurants and bars: RIN Japanese Restaurant, Eight Degrees South and East Lobby Lounge, are not affected.

We would like also to inform you that the beach will be opened and no part is being closed.

We will do our utmost to ensure guests’ comfort and satisfaction at all times by allocating the rooms away from the work area. Meanwhile, neat hoardings at work areas will be placed to mitigate noise disruption.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
This is what i received some months ago:

In regards of the pool, kindly inform you that we have attached alternative location for Diamond member's pool. The all-day dining Suku restaurant will be undergo refurbishment from 1st November 2017 until 31st August 2018. Guests will continue to enjoy dishes and local performance and daily buffet meals at Spice on the 3rd floor. The air- conditioned Spice offers magnificent view of the Indian Ocean.

All other restaurants and bars: RIN Japanese Restaurant, Eight Degrees South and East Lobby Lounge, are not affected.

We would like also to inform you that the beach will be opened and no part is being closed.

We will do our utmost to ensure guests’ comfort and satisfaction at all times by allocating the rooms away from the work area. Meanwhile, neat hoardings at work areas will be placed to mitigate noise disruption.
The email I just received stated both lagoon pools and main pool are closed. Conrad suites guests will have access to the suites pool. Adults the spa pool and that leaves no pools for the other guests not staying in the suites area whom have children. It also said that eight degrees south will be closed. I am dreading the fact that the Conrad suites pool may very well be open to all guests. Shame they decided to undertake these renovations during the high season.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:48 pm

Does seem like an odd time.
Maybe the contractors are quiet so they get a good rate. Would need to be decent to make up for lost business and goodwill, I booked a 10 night stay at the Hilton instead. Never been there before so will find out how it compares.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Does seem like an odd time.
Maybe the contractors are quiet so they get a good rate. Would need to be decent to make up for lost business and goodwill, I booked a 10 night stay at the Hilton instead. Never been there before so will find out how it compares.
Issue is the Hilton has work going on during that time as well. I am staying there for 4 nights to begin with then moving over to the Conrad for the rest of the trip. Probably should have went with Conrad Koh Samui, but to late now.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
So, are the pools closed already? Or do they close on the 1st of April?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by XmaX
So, are the pools closed already? Or do they close on the 1st of April?
According to the email, April 1st is when they are closing the 2 lagoon pools and main pool. I have an email into the GM to get some clarification. I highly doubt I will receive a reply. Another reason why I moved all my revenue stays over to Marriott.

Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:10 pm

Below is the email I received in its entirety.

Thank you for choosing Conrad Bali as your accommodation during your visit to Bali.

At Conrad Bali, we are committed to delivering exceptional, inspired experiences to every guest, every time. As such, we have embarked on a transformation master plan to refurbish our rooms and facilities so that guest experiences at this resort remain synonymous to the Conrad brand.

While the transformation is in progress, both our swimming lagoons and Suku restaurant are closed for refurbishment from 1st April through 31st August 2018. For the safety of our guests and team members, the Eight Degrees South restaurant and the Center pool, which are near the affected area, are closed during this interim.

Nevertheless, guests can continue to enjoy the other swimming pool facilities within the resort. Adults can use the Spa Pool within Jiwa Spa. Guests of the Conrad Suites and Villas, including children, may continue to have the access to use the dedicated pool within the precinct.

You would also be pleased to know that our new Azure Beach Club will open on 1st April 2018, offering a full food & beverage menu, with sun loungers and umbrellas as well as a dedicated kid’s area for a great sun, sand and sea experience at Conrad Bali.

In addition, we are delighted to extend a 25% discount on any spa treatments at our award-winning Jiwa Spa.

While we will do our utmost to minimise any disruption to your experience at the resort, we would like to apologize in advance for any inconvenience during this period. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please feel free to reach out to us for further assistance you require.

Best regards,
Frederic Lebegue
General Manager
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I have a refundable booking in June...and with this email, I am really tempted to cancel and book Westin or GH. Why would anyone want to stay in Conrad Bali with all these major refurbishment going on?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:02 am

Dear flying_donkeys12, we are indeed working on replying to all queries, thank you & hope to welcome you soon to the Conrad Bali. Best regards, Frederic Lebegue, General Manager, Conrad Bali
kahuna1993 and ExpatSomchai like this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:19 am

Wow .. I just booked the a couple of rooms at this resort, but looking at no real Diamond Upgrade benefit at the resort and a huge part of resort being closed for renovation I am thinking of booking the RC or W hotel. Its really a shame, I wanted to try this resort out ..
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:25 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
Conrad Bali is ok, there are better and less expensive hotels in Bali.

Stayed in Conrad Bali in May 2015. While not disappointed, I would not stay here again. Upgrades for Golds are pitiful, PITIFUL! You get a room on a higher floor, even if the hotel is empty. We looked at the location of suites, the tiny pool, the smaller breakfast and decided that we did not miss anything. To walk a 1/2 mile multiple times, everyday, to the main part of the hotel, is just plain ridiculous! Suites only make sense for families, as you can put more than 3 bodies in a unit. And, let it be known that the Conrad Bali is very much a family hotel. Kids were everywhere, while behaved, they were everywhere. Especially in the suites section. Suites pool is secluded and you won't have to worry about your small children wandering down the beach. I do not consider this Conrad, to be a "honeymoon", exotic over the top property.

Don't get me wrong, Conrad Bali is a pretty hotel. Service was good. Food was good. Location is a meh. I prefer Jimbaran Bay, Legian, Seminyak, or Kuta over Benoa. You are just to far away from the main attraction areas. If you are dead set on earning or using points, then look for the specials. We stayed at 33K per night and some nights we purchased at $132. I have seen the rate as low as $124. There are incredible hotels on Bali. If you land up spending $250 a night here, you are being ripped off. For $250/night, other non-chain hotels will give you a lavish suite.

Last edited by not2017; Feb 28, 2018 at 12:30 pm
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by not2017
Stayed in Conrad Bali in May 2015. While not disappointed, I would not stay here again. Upgrades for Golds are pitiful, PITIFUL! You get a room on a higher floor, even if the hotel is empty. We looked at the location of suites, the tiny pool, the smaller breakfast and decided that we did not miss anything. To walk a 1/2 mile multiple times, everyday, to the main part of the hotel, is just plain ridiculous! Suites only make sense for families, as you can put more than 3 bodies in a unit. And, let it be known that the Conrad Bali is very much a family hotel. Kids were everywhere, while behaved, they were everywhere. Especially in the suites section. Suites pool is secluded and you won't have to worry about your small children wandering down the beach. I do not consider this Conrad, to be a "honeymoon", exotic over the top property.

Don't get me wrong, Conrad Bali is a pretty hotel. Service was good. Food was good. Location is a meh. I prefer Jimbaran Bay, Legian, Seminyak, or Kuta over Benoa. You are just to far away from the main attraction areas. If you are dead set on earning or using points, then look for the specials. We stayed at 33K per night and some nights we purchased at $132. I have seen the rate as low as $124. There are incredible hotels on Bali. If you land up spending $250 a night here, you are being ripped off. For $250/night, other non-chain hotels will give you a lavish suite.
I do not choose a hotel based on whether I receive an upgrade or not. I book the room I want and if I am upgraded that is great. I chose the Conrad since I have been to several and have always found them to be top notch. The only trepidation I am having with this hotel is the renovations and what effect it is going to have on what is supposed to be a relaxing vacation.
Waking up to construction noise for 14 days will probably be the end of me.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:31 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12

I do not choose a hotel based on whether I receive an upgrade or not. I book the room I want and if I am upgraded that is great. I chose the Conrad since I have been to several and have always found them to be top notch. The only trepidation I am having with this hotel is the renovations and what effect it is going to have on what is supposed to be a relaxing vacation.
Waking up to construction noise for 14 days will probably be the end of me.
I, as well, do not make hotel choices based upon an upgrade. I make a quantitative value decision on where I stay. But this is Flyertalk, so elites will be looking for upgrades. I too, would be concerned about the construction. So much so, that I would not book here. I also have stayed at many Conrads. Generally they are very nice. But operationally, Conrads are very variable. While I cannot fault the Conrad Bali with many things...but when you have a Diamond and Gold staying together, Gold making the reservation, Diamond presenting his card, you would expect some kind of upgrade. Now, as I mentioned, this is a family resort. With the closing of pools, I wouldn't stay here. 14 nights here? That is just plain ridiculous. There is so much more to Bali than staying in one (poorly located) resort for 14 nights. One can stay in non-chain resorts in private pool villas for $200-300 a night. Places that are much nicer than this Conrad. I suggest you do a week in Ubud for relaxation and then a week at a beach resort. But, hey I was a travel agent for 29 years, what do I know?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:02 pm

I have a stay coming up later this month so will be able to report back on the works and Diamond treatment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.