Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by evergrn
Conrad still gives you the option to have breakfast at the buffet restaurant right?
Yes, but both times I was there there was a queue out the door at Oscar's (Conrad's restaurant) at ~9am on a Sunday so I gave up and just ate on the 31st floor.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 2:26 am

Once you've seen Jewel it's just another mall, to me. ANd the food hall is nothing much. Plus I've never seen the Changi CP below the cost of the MO, let alone the Conrad ;p
But for a shorter stopover I wouldn't leave the airport precinct.

also- while the queue is long, don't be daunted. It normally moves pretty rapidly

good luck choosing!
evergrn likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by stargold
I did feel that with the Jewel now open...
I am at the Jewel right now, the water fall is impressive.

I guess I am getting to be an old geezer, after more than 10 hrs. of trans oceanic flight able to hit my face on a pillow 30 min. earlier is well worth it for me. 7 p.m. - 9 a.m. time frame cannot much anyway.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
While outside the scope of what evergrn is looking for, I think the fish head curry at Muthu's (Suntec) by itself justifies the 15 hour flight for me to get there.
kirkwoodj and Cynicor like this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Are you going to be overnight transit at Singapore, or do you have some business in town? If it is overnight transit of timeframe given I am wondering why going all the way to the city for the hotel? Can hotels around Changi will do for this purpose? I personally do not think it is worth making a trip to the city for this short period.

Because of Pan Pacific and Marina Mandarin hotels I do not thing Conrad has a room with 100% unobstructed view of entire Marina Bay. Typing from bay view room at Conrad Singapore right now...
No business in town. Just an 18hr layover. I have some IHG pts to burn so would stay at the CP if I could stay there for free, but our family exceeds the capacity of their award room. I'm a Hilton guy, so I've gots to do Hilton. Also I haven't been to Singapore in almost 2 years, so it'd be nice to go have some Ya Kun coffee and Hainan chicken. That view is just fine btw.

Originally Posted by shuigao
Yes, but both times I was there there was a queue out the door at Oscar's (Conrad's restaurant) at ~9am on a Sunday so I gave up and just ate on the 31st floor.
Oh no, well hopefully it won't be that bad Monday at 8am. There was no queue when we went, but then again I don't remember what time we went.

Originally Posted by work2fly
While outside the scope of what evergrn is looking for, I think the fish head curry at Muthu's (Suntec) by itself justifies the 15 hour flight for me to get there.
I admit I'm just not at all adventurous, and my family even less so. I've seen pictures of those fish head curries, it's not for me.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Once you've seen Jewel it's just another mall, to me. ANd the food hall is nothing much. Plus I've never seen the Changi CP below the cost of the MO, let alone the Conrad ;p
But for a shorter stopover I wouldn't leave the airport precinct.

also- while the queue is long, don't be daunted. It normally moves pretty rapidly

good luck choosing!
with Jewel, I'm all for the Crown Plaza ... especially the rooms with runway view ! Strangely rates I see are ~SGD250 while at Conrad it's ~SGD300 the past 2 times I stayed.

a perk at Jewel are the extended/24h opening hours, although more & more outlets are starting to shift back to 10am - 10pm hours.

Originally Posted by work2fly
thanks, I'll have to give this a try next time !
Cynicor likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:58 am

Programs: DL DM
My husband and I will be staying at the Conrad Singapore next week for 5 nights, Friday-Wednesday. We've booked a King Executive room. Our flight into SIN does not arrive until very late that evening... around 11:50 PM if my memory is right. I'm 99% sure I put in the comments section of the reservation we will be arriving on a late flight, so it would be after midnight before we arrived at the hotel. We plan to do online checkin once it becomes available. Has anyone ever had an issue at this hotel for them giving away rooms for those late night arrivals? As in thought to be no-shows? This is our first trip to SIN and this hotel, so not sure what to expect. We usually stay in BKK and never had an issue there, but thought I would check this thread for any insight. I can always send the hotel an email, but I'm sure it would just be more comments added to our reservation that may or may not be read. Probably worrying about nothing, but after 30 hours of traveling I know we will be looking forward to a confirmed room!
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:06 am

240-250 not a bad rate for CP, though I have no IHG status.

On the late arrival, never been an issue, SIN is used to all day/night flights so they won't give your room away. If you really want to be sure, just send them a quick email.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
My husband and I will be staying at the Conrad Singapore next week for 5 nights, Friday-Wednesday. We've booked a King Executive room. Our flight into SIN does not arrive until very late that evening... around 11:50 PM if my memory is right. I'm 99% sure I put in the comments section of the reservation we will be arriving on a late flight, so it would be after midnight before we arrived at the hotel. We plan to do online checkin once it becomes available. Has anyone ever had an issue at this hotel for them giving away rooms for those late night arrivals? As in thought to be no-shows? This is our first trip to SIN and this hotel, so not sure what to expect. We usually stay in BKK and never had an issue there, but thought I would check this thread for any insight. I can always send the hotel an email, but I'm sure it would just be more comments added to our reservation that may or may not be read. Probably worrying about nothing, but after 30 hours of traveling I know we will be looking forward to a confirmed room!
Definitely no issues arriving after midnight, don't need to do anything.

Changi and SIN in general is a 24 hr city with flights departing and arriving and people coming and going at all hours of the day, so it's nothing unusual or out of the ordinary to check in to a hotel like the Conrad late at night.

I've stayed 4 times over the past year, think the earliest I ever checked in was around 11pm.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:32 am

The breakfast at Oscars is very good.
Highly recommended.
One of the best breakfast spreads that I have tried.
it can get crowded though.

Also the Executive lounge food is quite extensive.
Definitely a lot better than the Conrad in Osaka n Hilton Tokyo.

The rooms arent that great unfortunately.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
I arrived once at about 6AM due to a delayed flight. No problems with check-in, in fact I was not even the first in line to check in. The hotel is used to odd check in times.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jbeckett
I arrived once at about 6AM due to a delayed flight. No problems with check-in, in fact I was not even the first in line to check in. The hotel is used to odd check in times.
"Odd" is in the eye of the beholder . Nothing out of normal here with an airport that runs 24/7 and passengers getting into the city similarly.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 2:16 pm

Booked a king exec as diamond and was told I would get a suite if available at check in. But there's only 1 room per floor of suites and only one suite type? So very limited inventory?

Saw a couple videos of the suite. Not that impressive but reports here of the staff and EL makes me free really want to stay there.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:33 am

Does anyone know if a guest who book the room rate (COMPLIMENTS CONRAD ENJOY A 70SGD DAILY CREDIT TO USE ON-PROPERTY) at Conrad Singapore , what he / she can use the 70 SDG credit money for. I look for answer on Conrad Singapore website but unable to find it. Is it worthy to book the room with daily credit .

I am debating whether to book a regular room or to book a room with 70 SGD credit .
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi..

You can use it for minibar,hotel laundry ( probably spa and restaurants but would

You cannot use it for the room rate or gift shop ( found it out to my minor cost during my stay ( see post 819)

Unless you will be using the restaurants or bars it is probably not worth it. It did not appear to be cumulative on my stay
I also had an issue getting it credited onto my bill so I would make sure it would be applied at check in. I would also bring a copy of the confirmation and of the promotion where it states SGD 70 Daily as initially they only gsve 1 credit rather than daily). Getting this resolved took a while at check out but I was in the lounge so not too bad but it was a slightly dissappointing way to end my otherwise very good stay ( I think the not allowed to use it at the gift shop should be made clearer on the website but I should also have double checked at checkin as I assumed if it was not exlcuded in the description then it would be vaild everywhere as I have used a Conrad/Hilton credit at other hotels with no issues)

Regards

Tbs
​​​​​​

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Sep 6, 2019 at 11:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.