Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Orlando {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2020, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Happy to report that this property has returned to "normal" operation. Didn't stay overnight but I did have an excellent meal in Bull & Bear last night (10/30). We are local and this is our go to restaurant for special occasions. B&B re opened in their usual space just a few weeks ago after the hotel was closed for several months. As far as I could see the staff is all back and the menu is very much the same as before the closure. About the only difference I noted was a paper menu rather than the iPad based one, tables spaced out more, and the staff all wore masks.
Michael19887 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 7:23 am

Because of a special occasion (the anniversary of when my wife & I first met) we decided to do an overnight stay and have dinner at Bull & Bear. We arrived at about 3 pm to a pretty empty valet stand. Walked into an equally empty lobby. I wanted to stop at the desk even though I had done the on-line check-in and knew my room number because I prefer a card key rather than using the phone app to enter the room. That was quickly handled and we were up to our room, again not seeing much at all of others.

As we walked down the hallway to our room you could see that each door had a sticker across it and the frame indicating that the room was ready for use after having been cleaned. When you open the door obviously the sticker is broken. We noted that non of the other rooms had broken stickers on it as we walked past probably 20 of them along the way. The room was immaculate. We had a balcony room which overlooked Disney Springs and the new JW Marriott. The room is basically a suite with a separate bedroom holding a king bed. Well laid out large bathroom with both a shower and tub, neither of which we used as we are local and showered before going over.

We had reservations Bull & Bear for 6:30 pm and our custom is to have a pre-dinner cocktail in the Peacock lounge. On our way down to the lounge we ran into the B&B restaurant manager who we've come to know over the years so we chatted for a short while. In the lounge there might have been 20 people, including a large (12?) group of guys that probably had just finished a round of golf. Our service was excellent even with only two people working there. Enjoyed the beverage and then headed to the restaurant.

Inside the restaurant things were very much "normal" with the exception of the servers all wearing masks and tables spread further apart. Also, the usual iPad based menus aren't being used because of the difficulty of sanitizing them between courses. Not a problem for us as we knew before going exactly what we were going to order but the paper menus were just one for those that need to consider options. We had a relaxed, slower paced meal at our request and enjoyed it. While there I would estimate that the restaurant was about 50% of its normal level but then this was a Tuesday night so that might have something to do with it.

On our way back to the room we again noticed the stickers on the room doors along the way were undisturbed. It apparently stayed that way overnight as the next morning when we left they were the same way. At some point in the evening one of the employees had mentioned they were at only 10% capacity.

Got the usual email overnight about my folio and saw that we were charged for valet parking despite having booked a rate that included that so a quick stop at the front desk was in order. Again, hardly anybody around and the issue was quickly resolved.
Michael19887 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Glad to hear some degree of normalcy has returned, this is one of my favorite places. I was contemplating driving down from NY at Xmas but would need to test out of quarantine upon return and i am spooked by many friends experiences with false positives on C19 tests.
jalves likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I'm not surprised they're at 10% occupancy given the rates they're charging. I'm popping in for a 2-night stay the first week of January, and the W=A was far and away the most expensive property in town. The cheapest, base room rates were over $500 per night--higher than the Ritz, Four Seasons, Grand Floridian, and everywhere else. I ended up booking the Swan for just over $100 per night.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I'm not surprised they're at 10% occupancy given the rates they're charging. I'm popping in for a 2-night stay the first week of January, and the W=A was far and away the most expensive property in town. The cheapest, base room rates were over $500 per night--higher than the Ritz, Four Seasons, Grand Floridian, and everywhere else. I ended up booking the Swan for just over $100 per night.
Our rate was significantly less than that. Plus they included the resort fee and valet parking. $307 plus tax
Old Mar 12, 2021, 10:03 am

Booked a few months back for a discounted 55k/night on points, for a stay in May. Now I see standard rate has jumped back to 80k.

Anyone have direct e-mail for concierge? Wanted to see if they could assist with some Disney restaurant bookings that were already full by the time we got our park passes. I looked on TA, and found a general e-mail to use as a back up.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, HI DIA
Any recent reports on this property? Have read that the carpet and furnishings were feeling a bit worn so wondering if they've refreshed this recently (as in, within the last few years). I know the Hilton next door is supposedly in a different category but they've just done a refurb, from what I understand...
Old Apr 25, 2021, 5:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott gold,
Originally Posted by launchylaunchbos
Any recent reports on this property? Have read that the carpet and furnishings were feeling a bit worn so wondering if they've refreshed this recently (as in, within the last few years). I know the Hilton next door is supposedly in a different category but they've just done a refurb, from what I understand...
I stayed there in February 2021. This was about my 10th stay at the WA Orlando. Yes, I feel like the rooms could use a little updating but it is still the best resort property near Disney. I honestly think it is the colors of the furnishings and carpets that make it look more dated than it is. I haven't stayed at the Hilton next door so can't compare it. There is a new JW close by too that we want to check out. All services seemed to be open incuding the spa and room service. The breakfast place was open but it may have just been for the holiday weekend.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 7:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by goofydadonmainstreet
I stayed there in February 2021. This was about my 10th stay at the WA Orlando. Yes, I feel like the rooms could use a little updating but it is still the best resort property near Disney. I honestly think it is the colors of the furnishings and carpets that make it look more dated than it is. I haven't stayed at the Hilton next door so can't compare it. There is a new JW close by too that we want to check out. All services seemed to be open incuding the spa and room service. The breakfast place was open but it may have just been for the holiday weekend.
+1

We’ve stayed at 2 WA (Roosevelt and Orlando). We’ve also stayed at Hilton Bonnet Creek.

The WA Orlando is very nice, and the nicest Hilton property in the area. However, the furnishings and the service skew much closer to a nice Hilton than the WA Roosevelt.

Breakfast at the WA (pre-Covid) was phenomenal. To me, that’s the only differentiator. Pool access is reciprocal so no difference there. The bus service to the parks is luxurious, but it’s shared between both hotels, so again, no difference.

The Hilton let us purchase an adjoining room at a steep discount so our kids could spread out. I’ll always remember that. The WA didn’t have our room ready at check-in and put the wrong luggage in our car at checkout.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 2:33 pm

I have upcoming stay in Orlando WA. Does anyone know if I eat in next door Hilton restaurant, can I add bill to my WA room charge? Haven't used my $250 resort credit yet for this year yet. Just wondering if I should switch the booking to Hilton instead.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by ReachMoon
I have upcoming stay in Orlando WA. Does anyone know if I eat in next door Hilton restaurant, can I add bill to my WA room charge? Haven't used my $250 resort credit yet for this year yet. Just wondering if I should switch the booking to Hilton instead.
The bill (at WA, so I assume it’s the same at Hilton) comes with the ability to write your hotel room number for both hotels.
jalves likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Hobotravel
The bill (at WA, so I assume it’s the same at Hilton) comes with the ability to write your hotel room number for both hotels.
Indeed it is like one property, this complex is one of my favorite places. Cant wait to get back. And hopefully they will restore the suite attache function/role.
jalves likes this.
Old May 5, 2021, 1:52 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Recently had an amazing stay here. We loved the service at the hotel, especially at Bull and Bear. I definitely recommend dining there if on property. I shot the whole property as well as our Disney View King room, in case you all are interested. Happy to answer any questions!

jalves likes this.
Old May 7, 2021, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by launchylaunchbos
Until 2021 stayed there 50+ nights/year, but have shifted nearly all of my business to the new JW Marriott Bonnet Creek two minutes away. While it's not a Hilton brand, it's literally brand new and often half the price for a soft + hard product that is miles above where the Waldorf is currently at with their clearly aged rooms, Hilton-esque service (the outsourced valet is really problematic) and insane price point given the product.
Old May 9, 2021, 5:55 pm

Just came back from a trip a few days ago. Used 4x FNCs as they were going to expire and I wasn't counting on Hilton extending past August. ~55k points/night at time of booking, but jumped back to usual 80k as the weeks passed and vaccinations got underway. As Diamond, got upgraded to Deluxe Suite with Balcony Golf View. Also received 2 drink vouchers to use at their pool & main restaurants for house wines or beers. Breakfast was anything off their cold buffet at basement restaurant (which was still pretty extensive). Great staff experience all around, from desk, servers, and valet. Very spacious suite room, comfy bed, but the minor gripes that it could use a refresh aren't wrong. Shuttle was serviceable most days, thought some treks would take 35 mins one way. One morning, the bus was full after picking up the group from Hilton, so WA comped us our Uber trip to make up for it. Was able to check in 2 hours early, and check out 2.5 hours late.
jalves likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.