Waldorf Astoria Orlando {US-FL}

Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Megan Murray
Hello everyone! Iím debating staying at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando for 5 nights on points. The room rate is about $800 per night (ouch!) but the points rate is 80,000 per night which I think is quite good?

I am really unsure whether to take the leap and book or just reserve a Disney moderate resort and pay cash. Thereís no way I would consider paying $800 a night for the Waldorf so I am just trying to decide whether itís worth the points rate. Can you still use the pool at the Hilton Bonnet Creek resort next door?
80k is about the best you'll do at the WA-BC. As others have said... buy 4, get the 5th night free. Great deal, especially when the cash rate is $800/night.

I've stayed at both BC properties and the WA guests always have had access to the Hilton/Signia pool. The Hilton pool is better for kids (lazy river, water slides), but the WA pool is always very, very quiet.

The transportation used to be by a large, black tour bus that was extremely comfortable. Not sure if COVID killed the bus, but it was a nice perk. It always ran on-time and was rarely every busy.

At our last stay at the Hilton, we'd reserved a 1K room with a sofa bed. At check-in, we asked about an upgrade so we could spread out a little bit with our small kids. They didn't offer an upgrade, but they offered a second room with connecting door for $50/night. We essentially had a 2BR/2BA suite for the points + $50/night. Can't beat that!
Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Executive Platinum
I'm debating between the WA and Signa for an upcoming points stay of 6 nights. Based on the previous comments, I'm sensing that the WA is not worth the extra 100K points. I also prefer the self-parking option of the Signa.

While the WA may be a quieter option, am I missing any other reasons to prefer it over the Signa?
Old Dec 31, 2021, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by hockeydiva
I'm debating between the WA and Signa for an upcoming points stay of 6 nights. Based on the previous comments, I'm sensing that the WA is not worth the extra 100K points. I also prefer the self-parking option of the Signa.

While the WA may be a quieter option, am I missing any other reasons to prefer it over the Signa?
Hi,

The Signia would only give $15 per person a day F&B Credit
The WA gives $25 F&B credit
Also WA guests can use the Signia pools ( but not vv)

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
( but not vv)
It has been a couple of loong years since i have been there but i dont remember this as a thing or seeing it enforced. Many stays at both properties including some with back to back.

What i would really like to know is if the suite attachť function has been revived.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Can anyone tell me if you can self park at the Waldorf
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by san888
Can anyone tell me if you can self park at the Waldorf
Yes, you can! At least as of a few weeks ago At check-in let them know you want to self park and they'll bill your room and activate the room key for the garage. Easiest way to get from the garage to the Waldorf mostly indoors is to enter the Signia and walk to the back of the hotel towards the conference rooms. Then you walk the very long hallway connecting the two hotels. Just an FYI the room key didn't really work for the garage while I was there although they were supposedly working on it. Have a great trip!
san888 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 11:02 am

Anyone stay recently. My stay starts this Friday. Used 3 Certs and was hoping between Amex resort credit and $50/day food credit this would be a mostly comped stay.

Any feedback appreciated.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by san888
Anyone stay recently. My stay starts this Friday. Used 3 Certs and was hoping between Amex resort credit and $50/day food credit this would be a mostly comped stay.

Any feedback appreciated.
We stayed last weekend on certs, and it was nice. As you might expect, the $50/day food credit doesn't go especially far, but the cafe on the pool level at the Signia had a very nice bang for the buck when it came to using the $50 credit.

Our one issue was that I got an email from the concierge about 3 days out pitching an upgrade to a multi-room suite for $75/night, which was a great deal based on the actual price difference. We were promised a high floor with a Disney/fireworks view, but on arrival, the front desk had no record of that, only that we'd be in a suite. They did move us for our second night, but it was quite a hassle for a two-night stay. We also had some significant delays getting our car from the valet, which for $53 a night was rather disappointing. We were told self-park wasn't an option.

That all said, the staff were all gracious and helpful, the room was well-appointed, and the pool was lovely (though with our kiddo, we spent most of our pool time at the Signia).
san888 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by jaymay
We stayed last weekend on certs, and it was nice. As you might expect, the $50/day food credit doesn't go especially far, but the cafe on the pool level at the Signia had a very nice bang for the buck when it came to using the $50 credit.

Our one issue was that I got an email from the concierge about 3 days out pitching an upgrade to a multi-room suite for $75/night, which was a great deal based on the actual price difference. We were promised a high floor with a Disney/fireworks view, but on arrival, the front desk had no record of that, only that we'd be in a suite. They did move us for our second night, but it was quite a hassle for a two-night stay. We also had some significant delays getting our car from the valet, which for $53 a night was rather disappointing. We were told self-park wasn't an option.

That all said, the staff were all gracious and helpful, the room was well-appointed, and the pool was lovely (though with our kiddo, we spent most of our pool time at the Signia).
Thanks for the info. I was offered an upgrade but was hoping for a free one based on Diamond, but I don't expect anything anymore. I'm surprised they said you couldn't self-park at the Hilton side. I plan on taking the car a few times and really don't want to wait for them to get the car. Hopefully if I just part there before I check in they'll let me. If not, I guess 'll deal with it.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Just stayed at the WA last night. Booked a basic 1 King room on points. On arrival I was upgraded to a balcony suite with Disney/Fireworks view. Resort fee was waived and we got a $50 Food & Beverage credit.
pauleeepaul and boracat like this.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt LT G, Marriott LT T
Anyone knows if I can walk from WA orlando to JW Marriott creek orlando? Map show 0.9 mile drive but does not show walk distance. Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by willliamjia
Anyone knows if I can walk from WA orlando to JW Marriott creek orlando? Map show 0.9 mile drive but does not show walk distance. Thanks!
Was there in November. 99% sure there arenít sidewalks along Chelonia past Bonnet Creek Resort Lane. I could be wrong.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Bumping to see if any recent stays or reports
Old Apr 4, 2023, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by ChevyCruze
Bumping to see if any recent stays or reports
4 night stay coming up. Will report back by the end of the month.
jalves and ChevyCruze like this.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 1:44 pm

Just got a pre-arrival email outlining upcoming renovations. Some are much needed, others come as a surprise. Please read carefully as they may impact your travel decisions.

Michael19887 and tex1721 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.