Waldorf Astoria Orlando {US-FL}

Old Aug 15, 2023, 9:35 am
  #106  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 621
Wanted some advice here. We currently have a planned paid stay at this property in 10 days. We are traveling with a 7 YO and 2 YO. The 7 YO will be at a Disney park every day and the 2 YO will split time between spending a day or 2 at the hotel (pool, etc).

For this type of setup, would you recommend the WA or the BC Signia? Cash rate different is not that different for me. Am a diamond member, btw.

Consistent feedback I've seen is to "save your money and stay at the BC", but wanted to get perspective here.
gumercindo is offline  
Old Aug 16, 2023, 6:27 pm
  #107  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Central FL
Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Posts: 603
AS far as getting to//from the parks goes there is essentially no difference between these two hotels. If the price difference isn't that great, go with the WA for the nicer amenities.
jalves is offline  
Old Aug 16, 2023, 7:00 pm
  #108  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: DAY
Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Posts: 5,004
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Wanted some advice here. We currently have a planned paid stay at this property in 10 days. We are traveling with a 7 YO and 2 YO. The 7 YO will be at a Disney park every day and the 2 YO will split time between spending a day or 2 at the hotel (pool, etc).

For this type of setup, would you recommend the WA or the BC Signia? Cash rate different is not that different for me. Am a diamond member, btw.

Consistent feedback I've seen is to "save your money and stay at the BC", but wanted to get perspective here.
If I was going to a park every day, I would really consider staying on property.
Cledaybuck is offline  
Old Oct 12, 2023, 11:09 pm
  #109  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 410
The new Peacock alley looks like such a downgrade. Those chairs don't look comfortable. Part of the charm of the old one was like a bunch of little living room setups with comfy sofas, chairs, etc.
tierneyalvin likes this.
USCTrojan83 is offline  
Old Oct 16, 2023, 7:16 am
  #110  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Central FL
Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Posts: 603
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
The new Peacock alley looks like such a downgrade. Those chairs don't look comfortable. Part of the charm of the old one was like a bunch of little living room setups with comfy sofas, chairs, etc.
Just tried it last night and found the seating very comfortable. Thought that they might need to change the name though since there is no peacock decor anywhere.

We were there for pre-dinner drinks so spent about 45 minutes in there. Later had dinner at Bull & Bear, which has also been refurbed. Loved the new look there too.
jalves is offline  
Old Nov 22, 2023, 5:59 am
  #111  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern VA
Programs: Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 235
We are having one night FN stay at the WA in December, and I read in the thread that you could park at the Signia side (maybe for cheaper?) since it is the same garage. Just wonder how the parking charge work in WA/Signia? Is it put on the room charge together or it is like a commercial garage where you pay with credit card at entrance/exit? Not digging the $52 parking fee given that we would be mostly at the Park.
Procter is offline  
Old Nov 22, 2023, 9:04 am
  #112  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Posts: 2,334
Originally Posted by Procter
We are having one night FN stay at the WA in December, and I read in the thread that you could park at the Signia side (maybe for cheaper?) since it is the same garage. Just wonder how the parking charge work in WA/Signia? Is it put on the room charge together or it is like a commercial garage where you pay with credit card at entrance/exit? Not digging the $52 parking fee given that we would be mostly at the Park.
You can park in the Signia garage. The garage exits to the Signia and you have a lengthy indoor walk to the WA through the shared conference center.

Access is via room key, so you’ll get billed.
aww3583 is offline  
Old Dec 4, 2023, 9:52 am
  #113  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern VA
Programs: Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 235
Originally Posted by aww3583
You can park in the Signia garage. The garage exits to the Signia and you have a lengthy indoor walk to the WA through the shared conference center.

Access is via room key, so youll get billed.
Were you saying that was that no matter which garage I entered with the WA key, I will be billed at the WA rate? On that day, we will arrive fairly early, my current plan is to drive to the park and pay my parking due for that day over there, and go back and park overnight at WA, we move next day to disney springs area with free parking.
Procter is offline  
Old Dec 4, 2023, 10:28 am
  #114  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Posts: 2,334
Originally Posted by Procter
Were you saying that was that no matter which garage I entered with the WA key, I will be billed at the WA rate? On that day, we will arrive fairly early, my current plan is to drive to the park and pay my parking due for that day over there, and go back and park overnight at WA, we move next day to disney springs area with free parking.
There's only 1 garage, and if I remember correctly, it has separate card readers for Signia and W-A guests.
aww3583 is offline  
Old Dec 7, 2023, 8:48 am
  #115  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern VA
Programs: Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 235
Originally Posted by willliamjia
Parking

Valet parking is $50/day.

Self-parking is in the Signia parking deck and is listed at $50/day. The check-in agent specifically instructed us to hit the call button at the exit and the gates would automatically open.

The gates still dont read WA keys, so every time you exit, you must use the call button. Sometimes the gate opens instantly, other times the person answering the call requests your room number. This has been an issue for months and can create lengthy lines at the exit.

The deck has a single entry/exit walkway, and the walk to the WA lobby is about 300-yards away.


Since it is award travel, why need to pay parking?
So when exiting, there is no keycard involved? Can we leave the car in the garage on the day of check out, head to park with the shuttle service, mobile check out, then just come back by shuttle to pick up the car/exit?
Procter is offline  
Old Dec 7, 2023, 9:10 am
  #116  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Posts: 2,334
Originally Posted by Procter
So when exiting, there is no keycard involved? Can we leave the car in the garage on the day of check out, head to park with the shuttle service, mobile check out, then just come back by shuttle to pick up the car/exit?
Yes, there is a key-card swipe entry/exit.

I would check with the front desk regarding your proposal for parking on the last day. Ultimately, it's their call how they monitor and enforce parking.
aww3583 is offline  
Old Jan 3, 2024, 5:18 am
  #117  
itf
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Posts: 3
Can anyone confirm if Hilton Gold means no resort fees at the Waldorf?

The maths seems to work out for me to get the Amex gold card (and pay the 650 fee) which gives me Hilton Gold status in exchange for 2 weeks of no resort fees + breakfast for 2 each day when I visit the Waldorf later in the year. If anyone can spot a fatal flaw in the plan, let me know!
itf is offline  
Old Jan 3, 2024, 5:21 am
  #118  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Posts: 18,063
Originally Posted by itf
Can anyone confirm if Hilton Gold means no resort fees at the Waldorf?

The maths seems to work out for me to get the Amex gold card (and pay the 650 fee) which gives me Hilton Gold status in exchange for 2 weeks of no resort fees + breakfast for 2 each day when I visit the Waldorf later in the year. If anyone can spot a fatal flaw in the plan, let me know!

Hi
You will only escape the resort fees if using points.
if paying cash then resort fees are payable ( even for gold and diamond members)
regards

Tbs
The _Banking_Scot is online now  
Old Jan 3, 2024, 5:30 am
  #119  
itf
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi
You will only escape the resort fees if using points.
if paying cash then resort fees are payable ( even for gold and diamond members)
regards

Tbs
Hmm - may still work out given I'll get $50 x 14 in credit = 550ish currently plus the lounge access and I'll hit the Avios bonus for a new sign up by paying off the balance of the holiday so should still be quids in overall - thanks. Booked with BA hols due to every 5th night being free + reduced resort fee.
itf is offline  
Old Jan 3, 2024, 5:47 am
  #120  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Posts: 18,063
Originally Posted by itf
Hmm - may still work out given I'll get $50 x 14 in credit = 550ish currently plus the lounge access and I'll hit the Avios bonus for a new sign up by paying off the balance of the holiday so should still be quids in overall - thanks. Booked with BA hols due to every 5th night being free + reduced resort fee.
Hi

Ah

Booking with ba holidays is like booking with a third party.
you may not get any benefits with hh gold on a third party booking ( ymmv) inc the f& b credit
Also I don't think there is a lounge at the waldorf and Golds do not get lounge access normally unless upgraded to an executive room with lounge access at applicable hotels
Regards
tbs

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jan 3, 2024 at 5:53 am
The _Banking_Scot is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.