Waldorf Astoria Orlando {US-FL}

Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Any recent diamond experiences ?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Stayed there for a weekend a couple of weeks ago. No diamond upgrade on the app so I just picked what looked like a decent, high-floor room. When I arrived there was no line at the front desk so I went to ask about any possible upgrades. The nice guy clicked at his computer for a long time then told me there were no suites available (despite being available for sale, but I didn't push it) but that was thrilled to upgrade me to a better view room. It turned out to be the room directly next to the one I had picked on the app, so I wasn't as thrilled as he was.

No break on the resort fee or mandatory valet parking charge, but breakfast in the restaurant was tasty and free.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Regarding the $15 upcharge for the full breakfast option, does anyone know if that is also charged for children? My children will be 4 and 1 at the time of our stay. I can't imagine they would charge for that young, but you never know.

Also, as I understand it, the Hilton property is attached to this property and guests of either hotel get access to each hotel's amenities (pools, restaurants, spas, etc). So does that mean Diamond members staying at the Waldorf get access to the Exec Lounge at the Hilton?

Last edited by 9volt; Sep 17, 2019 at 5:48 pm
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by 9volt
Regarding the $15 upcharge for the full breakfast option, does anyone know if that is also charged for children? My children will be 4 and 1 at the time of our stay. I can't imagine they would charge for that young, but you never know.

Also, as I understand it, the Hilton property is attached to this property and guests of either hotel get access to each hotel's amenities (pools, restaurants, spas, etc). So does that mean Diamond members staying at the Waldorf get access to the Exec Lounge at the Hilton?
My kids (4 and 2) were never charged anything at breakfast. The staff was more than accommodating.

I dont think Bonnet Creek has a lounge. At least when we were there 2 years ago, it didnt.
9volt likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by 9volt
It's not full access. For the pools, it's one-way. Guests at the Hilton Bonnet Creek are only able to access that pool. Guests at the Waldorf Astoria are able to the pools at either resort.

As for restaurants, frequent guest status isn't a factor. All the restaurants at either resort will gladly take anyone's money.

The only spa is located at the Waldorf Astoria. Like the restaurants, anyone with money is welcome to visit.

Originally Posted by aww3583
I dont think Bonnet Creek has a lounge. At least when we were there 2 years ago, it didnt.
This is correct. There is no Executive Lounge at the Hilton Bonnet Creek.
jalves and 9volt like this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 3:33 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by navatwal

Any recent diamond experiences ?
Booked the cheapest deluxe two queen bed and got upgraded to a deluxe king bed with Disney view on the 14th floor.
jalves and danbnash like this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: Avios
Hello,does anyone have any experience if dining at the Bull and Bear Restaurant at Waldorf Orlando triggers the Hilton Aspire $250.00 resort credit??I will be staying at the property.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:22 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Bull and Bear disappointing

Originally Posted by Tilto007
Hello,does anyone have any experience if dining at the Bull and Bear Restaurant at Waldorf Orlando triggers the Hilton Aspire $250.00 resort credit??I will be staying at the property.
Sorry Tilto007, I don't have the Aspire card. But I will mention that about 5 months ago we had a disappointing meal at the Bull and Bear. The appetizers were poorly matched in flavors. All entrees were over-salted. The only dish we enjoyed was a side order of the Potato Pave. In reading Tripadvisor reviews, others also only raved about that Potato dish... oddly enough. IMHO, the best meal (outside of the high-end Disney restaurants) that is somewhat nearby on International drive is at Vito's Chophouse. Their Veal Tomahawk is unique with a smokey flavor and exquisite. Or maybe spend your time at Peacock alley instead. It has a interesting menu of small bites and enjoy the live Piano music.
Tilto007 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Regarding food and service at Bull & Bear, and recognizing that everybody's taste is different, I wanted to say that our many experiences dining there have always been excellent. We go probably once a month and can't say we have ever had a bad meal.
Tilto007 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:31 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by Tilto007
I think you just have to make sure to charge it to your room.
Tilto007 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
I made my wife go to Bull and Bear specifically for their "The Lemon Dessert". Holy cow. Worth it. The presentation, the taste, the cost...all worth it. I would sit there and eat three of them and not order any entree if it wouldn't look so damn weird :-)
jalves likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:23 pm

This resort has traditionally been a pretty good bargain when paying cash, compared to the rates at Disney or the nearby FS (which is nicer in nearly every way except price). However, starting in 2020 they have increased their rates by 100% or more on nearly every date as compared to last year. $299 was about average last year, now it's about $599. It's staggering. I've never seen a hotel make such a sudden, unwarranted price jump - especially when the room product is 10+ years old now.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:48 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
This resort has traditionally been a pretty good bargain when paying cash, compared to the rates at Disney or the nearby FS (which is nicer in nearly every way except price). However, starting in 2020 they have increased their rates by 100% or more on nearly every date as compared to last year. $299 was about average last year, now it's about $599. It's staggering. I've never seen a hotel make such a sudden, unwarranted price jump - especially when the room product is 10+ years old now.
I noticed this as well when considering a trip this fall and was caught off guard. I wondered if maybe I had missed them completing a renovation or something. In no way is the hard product which is quite dated now worth those rates. Especially since the Hilton next door is fully renovated. At this price point, its definitely worth considering the Four Seasons or one of the Disney luxury resorts.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Michael19887
I noticed this as well when considering a trip this fall and was caught off guard. I wondered if maybe I had missed them completing a renovation or something. In no way is the hard product which is quite dated now worth those rates. Especially since the Hilton next door is fully renovated. At this price point, its definitely worth considering the Four Seasons or one of the Disney luxury resorts.
Agreed.

Weve always competitively shopped the WA and HBC and both have recently had extreme price and point increases.

The WA was a good deal under $300 but nowhere close to justifiable over $500. Breakfast was great, but we were actually refused service poolside because the poolside restaurant closed early due to lack of business, per the pool attendant. The golf course and valet had a major mixup and loaded the wrong luggage into our car which would have made for an expensive surprise when we got home.

HBC is the same way. 80k points or $400/night minimum. No thanks. In the Orlando-area thread, lots of us are unable to find any standard room redemptions here for the next 6 months. Either a major renovation is going on unannounced, or the property is playing games with room inventory.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583
Agreed.

We’ve always competitively shopped the WA and HBC and both have recently had extreme price and point increases.

The WA was a good deal under $300 but nowhere close to justifiable over $500. Breakfast was great, but we were actually refused service poolside because the poolside restaurant closed early due to “lack of business”, per the pool attendant. The golf course and valet had a major mixup and loaded the wrong luggage into our car which would have made for an expensive surprise when we got home.

HBC is the same way. 80k points or $400/night minimum. No thanks. In the Orlando-area thread, lots of us are unable to find any standard room redemptions here for the next 6 months. Either a major renovation is going on unannounced, or the property is playing games with room inventory.
I asked a manager there about it and he told me "these are their new rates now." Kind of shrugged his shoulders. He also said they are getting a lot of calls about it. Seems like a truly boneheaded decision, especially as I imagine they get a lot of regulars for family trips to Disney, etc.

On another note, your comment about the valet is not at all surprising. For some reason they outsource the valet (Disney does too) and it is truly an embarrassing level of service, particularly if you've ever stayed at the nearby FS. They know you by name from Day 1 and you are greeted within seconds. At the Waldorf, you often have to hunt someone down, many of the valets have never worked a shift at the Waldorf before, the cars take forever to be pulled up and they are constantly playing "catch up" with a full portico due to being chronically understaffed. Their TripAdvior reviews show people are constantly waiting 30-40 minutes for their cars. How they haven't brought it in-house or hired a new vendor is beyond me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.