Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Guam Resort & Spa {GUM}

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2007, 10:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Obviously, status helps with these issues, though the preponderance of "weight" goes to occupancy rate and available room inventory when you are there. One clue is to check pricing - higher, higher demand; lower, greater chance of catching an upgrade, etc. And, of course it's always OK to ask nicely (I would recommend signing up for the HHonors program at the very least.)

Originally Posted by bundi404
i will be going there is july and will be over in the hilton for 3 nights. right now im going to be in a standard room facing the hill. if i ask politely when i arrive to be upgraded for free is there any chance? i have no status at all with HH
Old May 5, 2007, 9:42 am
Suspended

i spoke and made a reservation for july and i was told that there is no shuttle to/from the airport. is this true? if so how much does a taxi cost?
Old May 5, 2007, 11:51 am

There has been a shuttle as long as I have used that hotel; the $5 has been waived much of the time, but not always. And the current Guam Hilton page says

"Directions & Transportation

From Guam International Airport, the hotel bus can be booked to take you directly to the Hilton Guam Resort & Spa. The journey normally takes around 5 minutes from the airport to the hotel forecourt."

Originally Posted by bundi404
i spoke and made a reservation for july and i was told that there is no shuttle to/from the airport. is this true? if so how much does a taxi cost?
Old May 5, 2007, 2:51 pm
Suspended

does that mean i should speak directly with the hilton guam, also do i need to reserve the bus?
Old Aug 31, 2007, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Gaynor Dumat-ol Daleno, "Ken Corp. picks up Hilton for $73 million," Pacific Daily News [Guam], Aug. 31, 2007.
http://www.guampdn.com/apps/pbcs.dll...WS01/708310301
The Hilton Guam Resort & Spa sold recently for $73 million, according to documents recording the sale with the Department of Land Management.

Hilton Hotels will continue to operate the 32-acre, 682-room Tumon Bay property under a long-term management agreement that keeps the current management and its employees in place, according to Premier Ken Guam, the Ken Corp. subsidiary that purchased the hotel.

The seller, daVinci RP Operating Lessee, bought the Guam Hilton for $30 million in November 2004 from Hilton International.

A popular Guam hub for upscale vacation and business travelers, the hotel has undergone $16 million worth of upgrades over the past 34 months.

The Hilton Guam's renovations included the addition of the Tasi Club, a boutique "hotel within a hotel."

The purchase of the Hilton makes Ken Corp., through subsidiaries, the owner of four Guam hotels and a golf course.

Ken Corp. subsidiaries also own the new Sheraton Laguna Resort, Hyatt Regency Guam, Pacific Islands Club and the Country Club of the Pacific.

The Hilton Guam's new owner plans on spending $10 million in additional upgrades to the hotel.

Hilton Guam General Manager Manfred Pieper said he looks forward to the new ownership and that strong efforts will continue to serve guests "to the highest standard."

Koos Klein, Hilton Hotels' president for the Asia Pacific, stated: "We share Ken Corp.'s vision for the need to further upgrade Guam as a destination and attract more upscale visitors."

Before the Aug. 29 closure of the deal to hand off the Hilton Guam to its new owner, it had been rumored for months on Guam that daVinci was selling the hotel.

The acquisition of Hilton Guam gives Ken Corp. and its subsidiaries control of about 42 percent of the major oceanfront hotel room inventory on Guam, said Guam real estate guru Nick Captain, whose property appraisal and consulting business keeps track of local real estate deals.

"The growing power of a single party over the hotel and tourism industry on Guam is unprecedented in the island's history," Captain stated.

"Ken's responsibility as a partner of the people of Guam is growing -- along with its domination and growing clout in tourism-related economics and real estate," he added.

Id. (emphasis added).
Old Jan 5, 2008, 4:13 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Anyone been at Guam Hilton recently?

I am resurrecting this thread as I will be at the Hilton from Jan 22-24, 2008 as a side trip from SinDo 2008. The reviews that I've read do not provide me with high expectations. Presently an HHonors Gold. What can I expect??
Old Aug 31, 2008, 11:03 am
Original Member

Updates on Guam Hilton

Anyone been here lately?

Any updates on property?

Thanks,

Marvella
Old Jan 7, 2009, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Marvella
Anyone been here lately?

Any updates on property?

Thanks,

Marvella
Anyone?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 5:51 pm

Håfa adai. Not lately, but perhaps someone who has will come by and fill in the manyh blanks. A big "si yuus maasi" to anyone updating this...

Originally Posted by neuro0
Anyone?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Guam Visit

Originally Posted by JDiver
Håfa adai. Not lately, but perhaps someone who has will come by and fill in the manyh blanks. A big "si yuus maasi" to anyone updating this...
I was back at this resort again in September....and I think my previous trip report here could suffice for this one.

I've been going to Guam every now and then for the last few years and the island seems to be getting more busy (in a good way) each time. There's a definite high-end feel returning to this resort, which was nice since most of the high-end'ness washed away in the typhoons a handful of years ago.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:43 pm

(Last para No kidding!

Thanks for the update! Er, si yuus maasi...

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
I was back at this resort again in September....and I think my previous trip report here could suffice for this one.

I've been going to Guam every now and then for the last few years and the island seems to be getting more busy (in a good way) each time. There's a definite high-end feel returning to this resort, which was nice since most of the high-end'ness washed away in the typhoons a handful of years ago.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does the executive lounge open on weekends? And has it been a common problem for Diamonds staying here not getting the upgrade to the Exec level? The only reason I would stay here is for the lounge access and I would definitely want it (but am too cheap to pay directly for it ). Just wondering how often upgrades don't happen.

Is there free wifi in the lounge or anywhere on the property?
Old Jan 27, 2009, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone ever visited the Guam Aurora Resort Villa and Spa...what is that like and how close is it to the Hilton?
Old Jan 30, 2009, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
The lounge has always been open on the weekends whenever I've stayed there. You will have access even if you don't get a room in that tower.

I don't know about wifi. Sorry.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Im here now. The lounge has free wifi, but the guest rooms do not. Staffers are dazed and confused. I had to wait upon checkin (at 330pm) for my 12th floor exec level room to be ready...two hours later, they said that was never my room so they sent me to a lower fourth floor room. When I opened the door, there was someone in there who proceeded to chase me out! Each of the four check-in people downstairs were dealing with similar complaints from guests.

Elevators are slow and beatup, bathrooms are old. With that said, the property is still very nice and has great views. The staff is friendly for the most part, and there are plenty of restaurants and nice lounge areas. Seems like a typical island Hilton. No qualms about staying here, but the reports of the Sheraton being nicer and more modern are 110% correct!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.