Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Guam Resort & Spa {GUM}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: hhonors diamond, spg gold, mileage plus 1K, a nobody with delta skymiles
How are diamonds treated here?

How likely are upgrades for Diamonds in this property? Also the breakfast and evening reception at the lounge? Which discount codes do they accept, I tried the MVP and PR... and neither one was available. Only AAA discount seemed to work.

I checked the rates at hotels.com, it's cheaper by $2 compared with Hilton's online BAR for a similar room category. I haven't checked Agoda's rates but makes me wonder about this property's pricing.

Any feedback on recent stay is appreciated.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by pocahontas
How likely are upgrades for Diamonds in this property? Also the breakfast and evening reception at the lounge? Which discount codes do they accept, I tried the MVP and PR... and neither one was available. Only AAA discount seemed to work.

I checked the rates at hotels.com, it's cheaper by $2 compared with Hilton's online BAR for a similar room category. I haven't checked Agoda's rates but makes me wonder about this property's pricing.

An upgrade would be a, space available, room with a view of Tumon Bay in the tower on floor 5, 6, 7 or 8.

The breakfast in the executive lounge on the 7th floor is pretty hearty with a variety including: cereal, salad, meat, eggs, yogurt etc. The evening reception has a nice selection of liquor, beer and wine. The food choices in the evening are, at times, a bit to be desired.

My firm has a corporate rate as we collectively occupy >100 nights per year so I can comment there.

Enjoy Guam and make sure you go snorkeling in Tumon Bay. I'll be back in January for my 8th annual visit.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond, spg gold, mileage plus 1K, a nobody with delta skymiles
Originally Posted by Michael El
An upgrade would be a, space available, room with a view of Tumon Bay in the tower on floor 5, 6, 7 or 8.

The breakfast in the executive lounge on the 7th floor is pretty hearty with a variety including: cereal, salad, meat, eggs, yogurt etc. The evening reception has a nice selection of liquor, beer and wine. The food choices in the evening are, at times, a bit to be desired.

My firm has a corporate rate as we collectively occupy >100 nights per year so I can comment there.

Enjoy Guam and make sure you go snorkeling in Tumon Bay. I'll be back in January for my 8th annual visit.

Thanks Michael for the feedback. Have the rooms and common areas been renovated? I read a post on here earlier this year, about some ongoing renovation and some on the rooms in the older tower being outdated. Your feedback on the rooms are appreciated.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:22 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Some comments on pricing. When you search hotels in Guam on hilton.com then this is obviously the only one in Guam and the price shown before clicking through to the room option was always $10 cheaper.

Best rate for my dates was on Agoda. B&B rate for about $50 less than the BAR on Hilton.com. Because the terms were not identical they would not BRG it.

Little League was the only discount I found to work there, which no longer works there

Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:29 pm

Thanks Michael for the feedback. Have the rooms and common areas been renovated? I read a post on here earlier this year, about some ongoing renovation and some on the rooms in the older tower being outdated. Your feedback on the rooms are appreciated.
I don't recall any major renovations from my stay in February. I always stay in room 783 and the only upgrade has been a flat screen TV and they cleaned a stain on the carpet.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:34 pm

Oops "can't" comment.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:06 pm

Off to Guam for a week on business. As a diamond, i have requested an ocean facing king room (currently booked in Twin). Any recommendations on floor/room number that has a nice view.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
Off to Guam for a week on business. As a diamond, i have requested an ocean facing king room (currently booked in Twin). Any recommendations on floor/room number that has a nice view.
Make sure you get an odd numbered room as they're are on the bay side. I always stay in room 783 because it's got a view of the bay and is down the hall from the executive lounge. I wouldn't go higher than a -85 room, regardless of the floor, as you get farther from the bay.

Enjoy Guam. I'll be there in March.

Last edited by Michael El; Jan 16, 2015 at 9:14 pm
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:43 am

Make sure you get an odd numbered room as they're are on the bay side. I always stay in room 783 because it's got a view of the bay and is down the hall from the executive lounge. I wouldn't go higher than a -85 room, regardless of the floor, as you get farther from the bay.

Enjoy Guam. I'll be there in March.
thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:19 am

PS ~ here's a shot at sunrise from room 783.

Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by wonderbleu
I don't think the Tasi Club is worth the extra price. The Executive Tower is more than adequate and is a better value. The rooms are the same size...
I want to book a room at this Hilton.The Tasi rooms are showing as $310 + taxes for late December. I wonder if someone knows of a promo code that could be used to reduce this rate.

Are the executive rooms and Tasi rooms similar in that they both include wifi, breakfast, and lounge access? I am interested in others' thoughts as to which is better (executive, or Tasi) and which is perhaps quieter (something important to me).
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by muji
I want to book a room at this Hilton.The Tasi rooms are showing as $310 + taxes for late December. I wonder if someone knows of a promo code that could be used to reduce this rate.

Are the executive rooms and Tasi rooms similar in that they both include wifi, breakfast, and lounge access? I am interested in others' thoughts as to which is better (executive, or Tasi) and which is perhaps quieter (something important to me).
I would also like to know the difference between the 3 towers. Per the Hilton website:

The Premier Tower hosts the Executive Floors, the 6th through 8th floors. Executive Floor accommodations offer guests upgraded amenities, and convenient business amenities. An exclusive Executive Floor Lounge located on the 7th floor offers complimentary breakfast and afternoon beverages/snacks for Executive Floor guests.
Corporate business travelers may opt to stay in one of the Main Tower's Business Suites, which are double room suites equipped with a computer workstation, executive style desk and chair, dedicated phone line and a mini-conference table and an adjoining bedroom.
Tasi Club guests enjoy personalized check-in and check-out desk, 24-hour concierge service, nightly turndown, and a welcome drink. A total of 95 oceanfront and ocean view rooms comprise Tasi Club with premium amenities and features. With an enclosed sky-lit atrium, the Tasi Club Atrium Lounge defines relaxation and the wing's friendly team members provide exemplary service.

I’m booked at this property next month in a Main Ocean Twin as a Diamond. From the description above I assume I am in the Main tower (ie not the Premier or Tasi Tower) but would have access to the Premier Tower Executive Lounge. This is going to be annoying having to change towers to use the facilities. Should I be requesting an upgrade to the Premier Tower before I arrive?

Do Diamonds have access to the Tasi Club? Is this better/different to the Executive Lounge in the Premier Tower?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:45 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by smit0847
I would also like to know the difference between the 3 towers. Per the Hilton website:

The Premier Tower hosts the Executive Floors, the 6th through 8th floors. Executive Floor accommodations offer guests upgraded amenities, and convenient business amenities. An exclusive Executive Floor Lounge located on the 7th floor offers complimentary breakfast and afternoon beverages/snacks for Executive Floor guests.
Corporate business travelers may opt to stay in one of the Main Tower's Business Suites, which are double room suites equipped with a computer workstation, executive style desk and chair, dedicated phone line and a mini-conference table and an adjoining bedroom.
Tasi Club guests enjoy personalized check-in and check-out desk, 24-hour concierge service, nightly turndown, and a welcome drink. A total of 95 oceanfront and ocean view rooms comprise Tasi Club with premium amenities and features. With an enclosed sky-lit atrium, the Tasi Club Atrium Lounge defines relaxation and the wing's friendly team members provide exemplary service.

I’m booked at this property next month in a Main Ocean Twin as a Diamond. From the description above I assume I am in the Main tower (ie not the Premier or Tasi Tower) but would have access to the Premier Tower Executive Lounge. This is going to be annoying having to change towers to use the facilities. Should I be requesting an upgrade to the Premier Tower before I arrive?

Do Diamonds have access to the Tasi Club? Is this better/different to the Executive Lounge in the Premier Tower?
No-one?!?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:25 pm

As a diamond you will more than likely be upgraded to the Premier Tower. Unless you book a Tasi room, you will not have access to any amenities on that side. The executive lounge is on the 7th floor of the Premier Tower.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:04 pm
Suspended

What's the best way to get to the hilton from airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.