Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Guam Resort & Spa {GUM}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2009, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Suite stay?

Anyone stay in a suite at this resort lately? They're offering most of their suites for under $250 in April/May on dates I checked out. Among the suites:

-Premier Deluxe Paradise Suite
-His & Hers Suite
-Chief Executive Suite
-Presidential Suite
-Tasi Club Suite

It looks like most of the suites are the same... although the Presidential suite contains a second bedroom whereas the others don't.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Question any recent stay?

Anyone recently stayed at Hilton Guam? How was the diamond treatment, room upgrade, etc? I'm going to stay there in January for 6 nights. It seems Hilton Guam is not so popular, at least not in this forum.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Here is a review I wrote about the Guam Hilton. I'm only a gold and wasn't given an upgrade. I've stayed in Guam several times and prefer the Hyatt, much nicer lounge.
"This is a nice hotel with pretty good snorkeling right in front of the hotel. Our room was clean and spacious, and had an oceanview and a balcony. We had a terrible check-in, after a midnight flight from palau, we arrived at 5:30 am with lots of dive gear and other baggage. I went inside to look for a bellman to help and when I found one he simply pointed to a luggage cart and ran off. We unloaded our 6 bags and dragged them to our room ourselves, thanks guys. The main lobby and restaurants were way overcrowded with tour groups and families. We usually stay at the Hyatt in Guam but gave this a try using some special 50% off rates. Our room was in the "Tasi Club" so we had access to the Tasi Club for continental breakfast and evening drinks. This section of the hotel was quieter than other sections we saw. The bed and bedding were fantastic. The Tasi Club lounge was in a lower level with no view, and had an ok breakfast spread but the evening cocktail hour only included beer and wine, chips and other cold snacks. About 15 minutes before the service ended the fellow brought out 2 bottles of tequila and some soft drinks(coke, sevenup, etc) as mixers. The Regency Club at the Hyatt is much nicer with a great ocean view, outdoor seating, full free bar, and hot and cold evening snacks. The Hilton had nice pools and tennis courts and would stay there again, but we prefer the pools, beach, bellman who help w/luggage, and the better views at the Hyatt."
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by wilma
"This is a nice hotel with pretty good snorkeling right in front of the hotel......
Thank you wilma! You meant the snorkeling was good in front of Hilton, or Hyatt? Sorry, I'm a bit confused, please excuse me. I actually care more if the hotel has a good house reef, so that my wife can snorkel alone for couple of hours when I join the boat for scuba-diving.

I booked this hotel almost a year ago for next January with room rate around $98 with tax already added!!! If now I book another room for the same period, it will cost me $200+. I think $98 is a steal!

Btw, I'm going to stay for 6 full nights, should I rent a car? It seems Hertz car rental there is not cheap at all, more or less same rate as the major cities in the States.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Yes, the reef in front of the Hilton is good for snorkeling and a nice beach for easy swimming. You should definitely rent a car because it's fun to see the island--there is a Chamoro village night market on weds with great spicy food and there are a nice waterfalls & beaches to see around the island.You will want to get away from the hotel zone to see the rest of Guam. The rental cars and taxis are very expensive on Guam.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
The Hilton Guam used to have a very inexpensive shuttle from the airport. It was only several dollars each way. If they still have it, you could take the shuttle both ways and then just rent a car for four of your days. Also, that way you avoid the extra airport rental car fee.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 7:00 am

We were there in June and were overall quite satisfied with our brief stay at the Hilton: the snorkeling is indeed nice, especially at high tide (too shallow otherwise). The b/fast spread in the lounge (Gold HH) was very adequate (but I might have got a mild case of food poisoning from it). We also got one of those January sale rates and felt that it was a very good value. For $200 I wouldn't feel the same. As for car rentals, we had booked Thrifty as it seemed to be cheapest, but when we arrived there was a much cheaper offer with Dollar (somewhere around $30/day) being advertised at their airport counter. So we rented with Dollar instead, and I have to say that we got the filthiest car, with the highest mileage (somewhere around 60K miles) and the most dents, of all of our travels. I've never used a rent-a-dent type of agency, but I think you'd probably get a better car than that. Since it was only a one-day rental, they had nothing else, and we were dog-tired (the usual impossibly early/late arrivals), we didn't feel like making a huge fuss and drove away with that wreck, but next time I'll probably want to check the conditions of the car before signing the contract.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton
I'll be returning to the Hilton Guam for the first time in several years and last time I was there, the Tasi Club was under construction. I usually stayed in the executive tower and was wondering if anyone could compare/contrast the two. We love the executive tower for the view, breakfast and (perhaps most importantly) evening drinks. Any thoughts on if the Tasi Club is worth the extra price?

I've lost my Hilton status and can't count on any status bonuses (unless I can get them to watch my Marriott Gold or Hyatt Platinum status).
Old Dec 8, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: Some
I may also be going to Guam next year and I would be interested to hear more about the Hilton and what they may do for Diamonds - as well as the surrounding area. Any thoughts from any recent stays would be helpful!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 8:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Not much to say about the surrounding area, as it's not very close to much of anything. The bay is picturesque, the property is medium for a Hilton, snorkeling is OK (as stated above at high tide, or prepare to get your barnacles scraped), the lounge is decent but can get very crowded, they offer day rooms, and the service aspect is quite variable. The spirit of Hafa adai is more like "it takes half the day" here... Serviceable, but not memorable.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by kakipi
I'll be returning to the Hilton Guam for the first time in several years and last time I was there, the Tasi Club was under construction. I usually stayed in the executive tower and was wondering if anyone could compare/contrast the two. We love the executive tower for the view, breakfast and (perhaps most importantly) evening drinks. Any thoughts on if the Tasi Club is worth the extra price?

I've lost my Hilton status and can't count on any status bonuses (unless I can get them to watch my Marriott Gold or Hyatt Platinum status).
My understanding is that in order to access the Tasi Lounge you have to book a room in that special part of the hotel. The rooms and lounge are very nice from what I hear. The view will be better than the executive tower as you will be closer to the water. And I think if you book a Tasi room you can have breakfast anywhere you like, including the buffet in the restaurant.

Diamonds usually get fruit and a gift like a bottle of wine and/or cookies in a package.

Last edited by kevino; Dec 10, 2010 at 2:05 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 11, 2010, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by kakipi

I don't think the Tasi Club is worth the extra price. The Executive Tower is more than adequate and is a better value. The rooms are the same size - just decorated a little differently and the bedding maybe a tad bit upgraded. From a value perspective, however, not worth the extra dollars you might spend.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Anyone stay in a suite at this resort lately? They're offering most of their suites for under $250 in April/May on dates I checked out. Among the suites:

-Premier Deluxe Paradise Suite
-His & Hers Suite
-Chief Executive Suite
-Presidential Suite
-Tasi Club Suite

It looks like most of the suites are the same... although the Presidential suite contains a second bedroom whereas the others don't.
If you can get the Presidentail Suite under $250, this would be a deal. Otherwise, I don't remember being impressed with the His & Hers Suite. Aside from the Presidential Suite, call the hotel and see which suite has the largest floor space. Though I can't recall the name, this suite (the largest out of the three) would be a good value.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Anyone recently stayed at Hilton Guam? How was the diamond treatment, room upgrade, etc? I'm going to stay there in January for 6 nights. It seems Hilton Guam is not so popular, at least not in this forum.
Diamonds get decent, but not over the top treatment. Space allowing, you will be upgraded to the Executive Tower, hopefully to an oceanview room. Breakfast and cocktails are satisfactory in their quaint lounge.

I think you will also get some fruit or a box of cookies in the room.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I'm looking for a place to stay in Guam, for one night on November 19. Having never been to Guam except for two connections at the airport, I know precious little about the hotel market there. The Hilton is running at $120 for the night not including taxes at the time of my stay. Is that a good price for this property or is it likely to go on sale between now and my trip?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.