Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Guam Resort & Spa {GUM}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2003, 3:40 am

Programs: Lots of different coloured cards
E-mail address to Hilton Guam?

hey,

Does anyone have an email address to the hilton guam? am having problems finding it from the net...

And any feedback on the hotels would be nice aswell, how does it treat golds?

cheers,

jetboy
Old Mar 27, 2003, 6:20 am

Try a google search of the hotel . This has worked for me with European hotels.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 9:17 am

Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan HiltonHhonors Diamond, Northwest Gold
Found this in an earlier thread...

MANFRED PIEPER
General Manager
Hilton Guam Resort & Spa
P.O. Box 11199
Tamuning, Guam 96931
646-1835 Fax: 649-1190
[email protected]

OK, my question is this: I want to do a last blast ALON/GLONP this summer. I've gone to HWV, loved it and want to do it again -- but on the other hand, I'd like to try something new. Tropical paradises always sound good to me. How would the Hilton Guam serve as an alternative? I notice this is a Select level hotel and I'm not sure Guam measures up to the Big Island and Tahiti, but I'm nonetheless intrigued.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 9:43 am

I checked an invoice from a stay last October and don't see an email address listed.

As you are probably aware the property suffered extensive damage during the most recent super typhoon. A business associate of mine stayed at the property a couple of months ago and advised that wing housing the lounge and executive rooms was closed. They did provide drink coupons and coupons for the breakfast buffet in one of the restraunts.
Old Mar 28, 2003, 8:19 am

More info and a bump.

The Point Stretcher dates for this hotel include the entire month of June. Which means a six-night stay costs 78,000 points, I believe. Seems like a really good value. Especially since I'd be redeeming FF miles and flights to Guam seem to be reasonably available. Is June a bad month to be in South Pacific?

But, again, is it worth it? Especially if I have memories of HWV ALON stay fresh in my mind. As much as I liked HWV, I have a feeling that it will be overrun with ALON redeemers this summer. And, as much as I like you guys, I'd rather not compete for upgrades, amenities, premium service and the like...
Old Mar 28, 2003, 6:29 pm

Contact details for Hilton Guam:

Room reservations: [email protected] (ask for Gerald)

Restaurant/Functions: [email protected]

Marketing: [email protected]

The hotel was damaged during the recent Typhoon (recent being Dec), and In Jan/Feb the hotel exec floors (incl lounge) were closed. Unsure of the status now. Things work on Island Time in Guam, so who knows whether things will be back to ususal by June, however, I suspect so.

They do acknowledge golds there, but you may need to make it clear what you are entitled to on an as available basis - if there is no exec rooms, you could ask for breakfast vouchers and drink vouchers which they'll oblige with. They do have or had dehumifiers in the hallways which were REALLY hot.. looks like the cigar shop stock was completely destroyed as well as most of the carpets on the ground floor subsequent to the typhoon.

As a gold, I was given the following (exec lounge and floor was closed):

* huge daily fruit basket consisting of apples, oranges, bannanas, kiwi, peaches, etc.
* 2 daily bottles of evian
* wrapped bag of hilton macadmia biscuits

The rooms were fitted out reasonably nicely, make sure you ask for a room facing the ocean, they all should have balconies, try to get a room on a higher floor as the views are better ie Level 7/8 or on the tower facing the ocean. Tower is slightly higher than the main building.

The weather was perfect and stays that all year round due to its geographic position around 30 centigrade per day (about 90F?). The sun is just right and perfect for getting an ideal tan. The best sunbaking weather i've been to yet and I suspect the UV radiation doesn't seem to be as bad. Can't believe people let their skin tan in places like Phuket!

There are a number of restaurants in the hotel, however the Japanese restaurant was closed till further notice. The hotel is a little isolated from the rest of tumon bay and will take a little bit of a walk, but a taxi is readily available if required.

Tipping is usual and expected as in the rest of the USA.

The hotel does offer free watersports things there as well such as kayaks, etc. The hotel has about 3-4 pools, a great waterslide, and spectacular views out to the ocean. The hilton is the hotel at the top of tumon bay, with numerous other hotels (westin, marriott, etc) dotted on the strip below. Wed night is the night to head into Hagatna and catch the Chamorro Village, lots of local Chamorros there, local dancing and plenty of Guam made product and delicious (and quite unique) food. You'll find plenty of souveniours to take back from there, I wouldn't waste your time in the souveniour shops.

Be aware, the hotel charges for bottled water (even in the shop downstairs) like a wounded bull. Suggest if you want to get water, get it at the convenience store at Guam Premium Outlets, at Kmart or Micronesia Mall. Guam has 2 bus shopping centre/tourist bus operators for US$5 gives you unlimited rides on their lines respectively, or US$2/trip. The hotel offers a shuttle service to the Airport for US$5 each way. Suggest you try to get out of the shops and tumon bay and get out to see the waterfalls and around the island (you'll need a car for this).

One other thing you will find, the town is overflowing with Japanese tourists, I mean it looks like they are literally the only tourists there, nothing bad, but it was a shock at the lack thereof of any other types of tourists there! - btw just remember things work on island time on guam, so things may happen just that little bit slower.... and you might find getting things done take that little bit longer....

[This message has been edited by kawoh (edited 03-28-2003).]
Old Mar 31, 2003, 8:15 am

Programs: Lots of different coloured cards
Great! Thanks!

Old Mar 31, 2003, 5:33 pm

I appreciate all the 411 too.

However, I'd like to know the answer to thi squestion: Will anybody who has experienced ALNON be sorely disappointed with the Hilton Guam? Or is it a nearly equal substitute?
Old Apr 6, 2003, 6:44 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Hilton Guam update.

The place is almost back to normal except that the exec lounge is still closed, the hallways still smell damp, the new building still has glass missing and is still boarded up. The palm trees still have no palms!

I was upgraded to a suite, with full breakfast and two drinks per day on a $120 rate. The staff are pretty good but the hotel has certainly seen better days. The beach is extremely poor at this resort. In the meantime - may I suggest the Westin Resort as an alternative (great beach - soft sand).

Cheers
Dave - Japan

Old Apr 6, 2003, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I think I would be very happy with a suite upgrade and full breakfast. Did you happen to see if the Marriott is open? Their government rate includes free breakfast and dinner. Thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 5:15 pm

I stayed in the Guam Marriot in mid-Feb. The hotel was running in full service. The restaurant and the pool is opened. And, of course, many japanese weddings everyday!
:-)

Old Apr 6, 2003, 6:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by osufans2:
I stayed in the Guam Marriot in mid-Feb. The hotel was running in full service. The restaurant and the pool is opened. And, of course, many japanese weddings everyday!
:-)

</font>
Japanese Weddings - I tell ya. My wife just wanted to sit and watch all the weddings.

The strip is hurting, there is no doubt about that. The Weston also upgraded me to a suite with all the trimmings and I have no SPG status. The shopping is a bargain and the the island is nice (although a bit untidy due to typhoon).

My wife and kid want me to book a weekend nect month to go back.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 8:22 am

I asked this question before on another thread. Maybe I'll have better luck asking on this one.

Is the Guam Hilton a worthy subsitute for an ALON stay at HWV?
Old Apr 7, 2003, 6:10 pm

In reply to your question of weather this property is worth 100K for a 6 day stay.

yes and no.

Yes - because the hotel is situated on an Island that has some interesting history and geological features.
Yes - if you live in an Asian country and would like to pick up some US goods to bring back with you (Pop Tarts, Cheerios etc).
Yes - if you like to do some snorkeling
Yes - if you are laid back

N0 - if you looking for some traditional Island life (I would recommend Yap for this but no Hilton there)
No - If you like everything to be spotlessly clean and service to be timely.
No - If you enjoy long walks as Guam has very few sidewalks (strip is under construction). You need a car or you can use the buses.
No - if you like newness.

I would say it is in the middle. If you have never been to this side of the world, then you could do worse. Give it a try.

Cheers
Dave
Old Apr 7, 2003, 8:18 pm

I've never been to The Big Island, but have visited family members there several times.

Guam has no volcanoes, no Hawaiian hospitality, no black sand beaches. It does have, however, some of the nicest snorkeling beaches, its own brand of Island hospitality (which is a lot more laid back than the Hawaiian kind), and some bargain shopping. Also, the beaches at the southern end of island are just gorgeous.

If you are currently living in the Asia, Guam will be a good place. I would not go all the way there just to vacation if you live in Mainland US. It is too long a flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.