Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Prague {CZE}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2004, 8:56 am

What I did (as a Hilton Gold but I assume anyone can arrange this) is call the hotel a couple days ahead of time to confirm my reservation and asked about cabs. They suggested a cab driver meet me at my flight with a sign with my name on it, and there he was. Took me straight to the hotel in a clean cab, polite, no rip-offs, price comparable to what you'd pay trying to get a cab on your own, worked very nicely for a jet-lagged traveler in a foreign land. Payment for the cab is arranged ahead of time on credit card for the hotel.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by MisterNice
What is the preferred way from the airport to this hotel?

Misternice

Update to the above question?

Answers sooner rather than later would be appreciated.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 6:18 pm

There are high quality cars waiting right outside the terminal to take you to the Hilton or anywhere else. They will be Mercedes, new and clean. Its a flat rate and its 50 or 100 Crowns less than the Hilton car on the return to the airport.
Old Aug 3, 2004, 9:00 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Sorry, I've been travelling in England without access to the net. Now have 2 hours access in an internet cafe while my wife shops.

When we arrived at the airport, we went outside the terminal and crossed over the road to the bus stop. Go to the far right hand side and wait for the number 100 Bus. Note that you need to buy a ticket before you get on the bus (it costs 12 Czech Crowns + 6 for each piece of luggage). There is a button which says 18 - we pressed that and after we paid, out popped the ticket. This will get you all the way into town (includes bus and tram cost). You need to have change to get the ticket from the machine located at the stop. I think you might be able to get it from the driver, but I would recomend that you have the change available (I hadn't realised they didn't take Euros ...). If you need change, go back inside to the Travelex counter in the terminal. You need to validate the ticket (put it into the machine on the bus, which will stamp it with the time)

This bus will stop once (at the domestic airport I think it was), then take you to the train stop. Get off the bus and you'll walk 100 metres to the train station. Go down the stairs and wait on the right hand side platform for the trains (which run regularly).

I don't have all my Prague travel stuff with me now, but you are on one colour line (either Red or Green) and need to get to the Yellow line. I think we changed at Mustek (Green to Yellow) - I'll log back in when I have it to hand). You need to go to Florenc station (on the Yellow line).

When you arrive there, go up to street level (I think there are two exits). From the one that we exited, look up above the buildings on the street outside and you should see the Hilton sign (it's an older version).

There are two ways to get there - either:

(1) cross the road at the pedestrian crossing, turn left and turn first right (into Wilsonova) and walk along past the the buildings, along a walkway (which goes fown then back up) and stop at the lights. You'll see the Hilton on your right, across the road (total travel distance is about 300 metres).

Other option is to cross at the ped. crossing, turn left and you'll be walking beside a building site (had boarding up on it). At the end of the boarding, you'll see a small open alleyway (about 150 metres long). Walk up it and you'll come to a street. Cross over the road and go up a ramp on your right hand side. You're now in the far corner of the Hilton carpark. Enter via the revolving doors.

We went up the lift to the next floor. I showed my Gold Card and was immediately advised that I could check in at the Executive Floor level (Level 8). Excellent stay. But as another poster said, ask for a city-view room. We got Room 7007 and it was a beautiful view...I'll post the photo's when I get home in a couple of weeks.
Old Aug 5, 2004, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some initial thoughts:

Very nice city facing room. It is better than an atrium facing room.
As far as hotel rooms go, it's average, but much better than average if you know what I mean. Bathroom has a nice asst of goodies.

Very comfortable bed. Great comforter. Dare I say better than the Westin heavenly bed.

The service in the lounge is outstanding. Plenty of food and snacks. 3 computers.

A front desk staff that aims to please. Same with the lounge staff. Ask for coffee, and they inquire if you'd like an expresso. ^ Did you ever hear of such a thing? And this isn't the Ritz, it's a Hilton.

Subway - tube info

Make sure you have change. Cost is 8 cz or about 35 cents US.
Put your coins in the slot, then press 8cz for 1; or press it twice if there are 2 of you. The ticket pops out with your change. Now head to a ticket reader and put the ticket in for reading. Keep the ticket.

The train is down the block to the left. All it takes is 1 day to figure this out, same with the tube.

Take the B train. You can also take the C, but it's slightly out of the way, depending where you're headed. Read the subway map. The train, as it enters, says the direction. Signs are easy to figure out after you're first go round. Follow the crowds for switching trains if necessary.
While it may be a short walk, for 35 US cents, we were able to afford the train.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Hilton Dia; SPG Plat
Rail Station to Hilton Prague, need help please

I am traveling to Eastern Europe soon with my father. Neither of us speaks the local languages. We are taking a train from Budapest to Prague and will arrive in Prague in the evening around 5 PM on a Thursday. I need to know how to get from the train station to the Hilton Prague via public transportation. A cab is one option, but I would like to do it on the cheap, if possible.

Is there any particular route or transportation you recommend and roughly how much will that cost?

Should I consider a cab? Cost? Are Czech cabbies honest folks or do I have to beware of a high fare charge?

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated. Thank you!
Old Sep 15, 2004, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You need to take the 'subway' to the Florenc (sp) station. It's 1 or 2 stops away. The maps are relatively easy to use once you get the 'feel' for them.

On the subway platform, there are big signs listing the station names. Most people do not speak English. If you smile and say Florenc , you should get pointed in the right direction.

About the fares... We were totally lost when we tried buying a ticket. No clerks to assist, and no English speaking CZ. citizens. The fare will cost you 8CZ, or about 30 US cents. You'll need change. If you don't have any, buy a pack of gum somewhere. I'm assuming you already have CZ crowns. Then, put 8CZ (or 16 for 2 people) into the machine. Press the 8CZ button twice. Out will come 2 tickets.

As you head towards the escalator, put your ticket in the machne. The ticket will be time stamped. If you try riding without a ticket, and get caught, there's a fine.

Now for the hard part

After you exit the station at Florenc, you'll have no idea which way to walk.
I'd call the Hilton and ask them for this info, or at least get their address in Czech. This way you could at least ask, and maybe get lucky with people pointing. The hotel is a 5 minute walk.

As for cabs, shouldn't be more than US$10.

Don't know how we did it; but, we managed. Good luck.

Do a search in the Hilton forum for 'Prague'. You may find some additional info.

Last edited by dhammer53; Sep 15, 2004 at 8:07 pm
Old Sep 16, 2004, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, take the subway one stop north to the Florenc station. Once you get down to the actual tracks, there's a sign showing the stops surrounding the one you're at (Hlavni nadrazi), so just go to the side that shows Florenc.

When you exit the subway at Florenc, find the street Ke Stvaniki and follow that. It starts by the Florenc subway station and goes more or less north, so you can't go the wrong way once you find it. The street signs are usually on the buildings at the corners of the intersections. The Florenc station is at the intersection of Ke Stvaniki and Krizikova. It's only about 4-5 blocks to the Hilton, which will be on your right. There'll be a raised expressway called Wilsonova on the left, running parallel to Ke Stvaniki, so you'll know that you're on the right track.

[Edited to add:]

Here's a site that gives more detailed info on the public transportation in Prague, including the different passes you can buy, and with a map of the subway lines (A, B, C -- C goes by the main train station). The public transportation in Prague is a cheap and easy way to get around. There are night busses and trams through the night (X in front of the number), but the subway doesn't run all that late.

http://www.czechsite.com/gettingaround.html

The Prague Information Service, or PIS (Prazská informacni sluzba) is a good place to get information. The main branch is at Na príkope 20, a few blocks from the Namesti Republiky stop on the B subway line (one stop west of Florenc). Hours are Mon-Fri 8.30am-7pm, Sat & Sun 9am-5pm. tel 02/24 48 22 02, www.pis.cz

Last edited by PaulMSN; Sep 16, 2004 at 12:31 am
Old Sep 16, 2004, 4:45 pm

10 minute walk

Originally Posted by starhonors
I am traveling to Eastern Europe soon with my father. Neither of us speaks the local languages. We are taking a train from Budapest to Prague and will arrive in Prague in the evening around 5 PM on a Thursday. I need to know how to get from the train station to the Hilton Prague via public transportation. A cab is one option, but I would like to do it on the cheap, if possible.

Is there any particular route or transportation you recommend and roughly how much will that cost?

Should I consider a cab? Cost? Are Czech cabbies honest folks or do I have to beware of a high fare charge?

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated. Thank you!
---------

I really think you can walk - its just a couple of blocks - if your suitcases have wheels you'll be fine. Florenc subway station will save you about 5 minutes of walking.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
The Hilton has their own taxi service and they'll send you a cab over to the train station if you call them.

We came up from Vienna and ended at the north train station instead of the main train station. The big problem was finding money. I went and put in a round number of 6000 crowns, which meant that the smallest bill I got was worth $30, and I needed a 30 cent train ticket... Make sure that if you use an ATM when you get there that you put in a number like 3100 so that you have something small to break.

The walk from Florenc is actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Come out of the station so that the grocery store is on your right. Walk across the street (crossing the tram)t and make a left. Spot the big highway that is leading to a bridge going to what is now your right. Look just before that highway for the frontage street which looks sort of like an alley. Go down that street, it'll curve to the right and the Hilton will come into view.
Old Oct 9, 2004, 8:48 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
You guys are great! We got back from Prague last night and the directions were very helpful. If you look closely at the ticket machines, they do have some instructions in English. The maps themselves are very clear. Typical logical setup with lines running from A to B and you look for the side with trains in the direction of A or B, whichever you need. Just look up the words for Exit (Vystup) and Transfer (Prestup) so you go thr right way when you get off.

We're older (51 and 66) and found the walk easy with suitcases on wheels. Never took a taxi at all except for the one the Hilton arranged back to the airport. All of the taxis in front of the hotel have a sign saying "It happens at the Hilton" (yes, in English) and the wicked part of me wanted to scrawl "Sh" at the beginning of the sign.

We really enjoyed our stay- the lounge was one of the best.

Last edited by Athena53; Oct 9, 2004 at 8:51 am
Old Oct 9, 2004, 12:32 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
For anyone else taking the train into Prague -- there are two major train stations, and the one you usually want is the second. I was on a train with people going into Prague and several people got misdirected and got off at the wrong station. You can take the subway to correct your location to the other train station, but that's just a pain. Read the signs carefully if you're not sure which station it is. Not knowing any Czech, it was very easy for me to get confused.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 8:46 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Trains coming from Vienna and some other major cities also stop at Holosovic Nadrazi. If you want the Hilton, you really want the main train station or Hlavni Nadrazi. If in doubt, ask your conductor who usually speaks some English.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 5:16 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Good general point- we came in from Budapest, which the OP plans to do, and it stopped at the Hlavni Nadrazdi, so they should be OK
Old Oct 11, 2004, 9:16 am

Programs: NWA, DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Snoopyo
Trains coming from Vienna and some other major cities also stop at Holosovic Nadrazi. If you want the Hilton, you really want the main train station or Hlavni Nadrazi. If in doubt, ask your conductor who usually speaks some English.
FYI - Both Hlavni Nadrazi AND Nadrazi Holesovice are on the RED Line of the Prague Metro and both are 1-2 stops from the Florenc metro station(pronounced flor-ENTS). If you come into Holesovice, you are at the end of the metro line so all trains will go to Florenc. If I remember correctly, International trains coming and going from Berlin use Holesovice, most other International trains use Hlavni.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.