FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Prague {CZE} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/524297-hilton-prague-cze.html)

myriad Oct 5, 2000 10:29 am

Hilton Prague {CZE}

Will be in Prague mid October for a few days. Intersted in opinions regarding Hilton there....location is important to me, also interested in whether you think Club level is worth what looks like an extra $40 (says there is a 'light breakfast' and 'drinks' in club room). I may be driving over from Nuremberg so info on secure parking would be of interest also.

Thanks!

apirchik Oct 9, 2000 1:57 am

Location - good, a bit off the center but within walking distance. Also, there is an underground station nearby.

Club level - much better than regular rooms. the club itself is nice but breakfest is better in the dining room.

The hotel is built in a square form with a big atrium in the middle. 1/2 the rooms have view to the outside and the other 1/2 look inside the atrium.

About driving - it's a tricky issue. You don't see many cars with western license plates in the Czeck Republick. I think that the rental campany's insurance doesn't cover east europe so if you want to take a car it's at your own risk. Taxies are also tricky ... they are controlled by the mob and can change the tariff without prior notice while driving!
The hilton has it's own Taxi company which is a bit more expensive but safe. you'll recognize them by the dark Mercedes with the hilton sticker on.

[This message has been edited by apirchik (edited 10-09-2000).]

QuietLion Oct 9, 2000 8:46 am

Location is terrible... it's on the wrong side of the freeway. I do not like this hotel. The Marriott is much better.

USAFAN Oct 9, 2000 9:11 am

Myriad:

Check with the car rental company which cars are allowed in the czech rep.

I had a Golf Turbo Diesel from Sixt, and could not go to the czech rep. Hertz has some cars for the czech rep.

Regarding hotels - I was there a loooong time ago. At that tim the Interconti was the best and in a good, central location.

foodforpoints Jun 11, 2001 8:16 pm

Hilton Prague VIP upgrades

Hey everybody,
Long time listener, first time caller here. I'm staying at the Hilton in Prague, Czech Republic in July and want to know what to expect upgradewise. I'm a Gold VIP thanks to ewrdc and I have you all to thank for it. I've been freeloading too long and I apologize. I'm sure you'll find that I make it up to you.

Thanks,
foodforpoints

pegasus8228 Jun 11, 2001 8:30 pm

a very good hotel, they check u in at the club adn usually give u club room. also put u in with airline miles/etc.
in my experience, they r the one who respect these tier benefits the best

just one tip....be careful with the taxi's, dont take from the street, get a telephone number to call taxi if u need one. if u feel u r rip off, just pay whatever u think is reasonable and leave

ROADRUNNER Jun 11, 2001 11:03 pm

Tram and subway are convienent to Hotel.

Lounge was very nice, when I stayed there. You won't need any points to fill your tummy there! Just don't make a oink of yourself.

DOC 2 BE Jun 12, 2001 6:50 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by ROADRUNNER:
Tram and subway are convienent to Hotel.

Lounge was very nice, when I stayed there. You won't need any points to fill your tummy there! Just don't make a oink of yourself.
</font>
I loved the hotel, but sorry, when I stayed there, I was a lowly silver. Nevertheless, they put me on the Club Floor and you can eat breakfast there or downstarirs!

I do not know if they put me on the Club floor because I was paying a high rate or not, but it should present no problem as a Gold. I really liked the hotel, although it was a little less central than the other big chain hotels. Still, no problem.

rachel Jun 12, 2001 7:38 am

I was just at the prague hilton last week. I am a gold and they put me on the executive level. They also brought me up a complementary bottle of wine (not bad) and a bowl of fruit that they replaced every day! I also got free use of the health club, which usually costs a couple of dollars a day. This hilton has been the best hotel that I have stayed at for giving perks for status.

They have a line of "hotel" taxis out front at all times (even at 4 am for airport departures)all mercedes. You can have your airport transport put on your bill, this is great if you don't want to change more money or if you want to earn points for your taxi!

DOC 2 BE Jun 12, 2001 9:16 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by rachel:
They have a line of "hotel" taxis out front at all times (even at 4 am for airport departures)all mercedes. You can have your airport transport put on your bill, this is great if you don't want to change more money or if you want to earn points for your taxi!</font>

Thanx for the tip, I did not know that. The extra points are also welcome! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 06-12-2001).]

foodforpoints Jun 12, 2001 9:10 pm

thank you for all the info. this board is the greatest.
one more thing, if I get the cheapest room there, a twin crap room, do i still get upgraded to the club floor? do i still get wine and fruit? and if so, do I get a bigger bed? if i sound like a moron i apologize.

foodforpoints Jun 12, 2001 9:12 pm

oh, and rachel, great tip on the taxi's. thanks,

foodforpoints

charliew24 Aug 7, 2001 9:30 pm

Does anyone know the best way to get to Prauge Hilton via train?

I will be staying in Hilton in Prague next week arriving via train from Frankfurt. Is there a particular line I should be taking or a stop I should be looking for to get off the train?

Thanks in advance
Charlie

DOC 2 BE Aug 8, 2001 5:48 am

Stayed at the hotel some time ago. As I recall, the train station is on a subway line which you can take 1 stop and then get off for the Hilton. From the subway stop I recall it is a 5-7min walk.

Sorry I can't be more specific about it. Perhaps someone who was there more recently can help or you can try and do a Google search.

Eugene Aug 8, 2001 8:56 am

charliew24 -- Perhaps that link would help:

http://www.vol.cz/HOTELS/HILTON/location.htm