Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Prague {CZE}

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2003, 5:21 pm
Suspended

spoke to the Diamond desk today as I was planning on going late June and wanted to know the awards level for after 6/1. booking it today will require 85,000 pts for 3 weekday nights, however after 6/1 it will take ONLY 75,000 pts. so Ill wait. i know a GLON is 100 but I cant be there for more than 3 nights. Cheapest rate @Hilton is 160 EURs so Ill use the pts.
Old May 13, 2003, 10:17 pm

Before using your points at the Prague Hilton you may want to check around at some of the other 4-5 star hotels. The rates in Prague tend to be inexpensive. You may want to use your points for a Western European Hilton where rates tend to be higher. By the way the Prague Hilton is a distance from the old town and historic areas.

[This message has been edited by SoCalPLT (edited 05-13-2003).]
Old Jun 13, 2003, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, SPG GLD
Very helpful thread!

I'll be staying at Hilton Prague for 2 days in September. I'm currently getting the lowest rate at 143Eur/night. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether this is likely the best rate I'm going to get? Should I use points instead? or should I do a combo of 1 paid night with 1 reward stay?
Old Jun 13, 2003, 5:08 pm

I will stay there this weekend, 14-15 June and I paid EUR 160. I was to late for the lowest rate, EUR 143. As a Gold I hope for a room on the Executive Floor.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 9:54 am

Hilton Prague: how to get there ?

Becides the obvious ( by taxi ), what is the best way to get from the Prague main train station ( Hlavni Nadrazi ) to the Hilton? Bus ? Tram ? Metro ?
Traveling with carry-ons only, we would like to use Prague's public transportation, provided it is not too much pain and inconvenience.
What is the name of the stop nearest to the Hilton? Bus/Tram route number ? Any transfers involved?
For those of you who just came back from there, what are the breakfast options at the hotel? From the Hilton reservation site, it is my understanding that they have the executive lounge and the atrium restaurant closed for remodeling in July and August. What breakfast options do they offer Diamonds?
And the last question, does anybody have an e-mail address for this hotel? It would be nice to hear the responses to my questions directly from the horse's mouth.

Old Jul 11, 2003, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I don't have my Prague stuff in front of me, but public transportation from the main station is the way to go. It's about two blocks from the Florenc subway stop, where there is also a tram line into the eastern part of the old town.

If the executive lounge is closed, that is a serious drawback. Still, as a Diamond you should probably get upgraded to a two-room suite on the 8th floor.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 11:07 am

Nick, thanks. Looks like Metro Line C should work for us. On the map, Florenc station is just one stop away from Hlavni Nadrazi, the main train station. Sounds almost too good to be true. At Florenc, how easy is it to spot the Hilton once we are on the street level?
Old Jul 11, 2003, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not particularly easy. Across the street from the train station, the highway goes up onto a bridge to cross the river. You want to walk out of the station, walk straight across the street, and follow the businesses on the little alleyway on the east side of the highway (but not going up to the bridge). It'll curve around to the right after a few stores, and when you make the curve, you'll see the Hilton about a block away.

Old Jul 15, 2003, 6:06 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
If you follow Nick's directions, you should be fine. Do not succumb to one of those sharks-on-wheels called taxis.

I was there this weekend, as a humble Gold, managed an upgrade to the Exec Floors, bottle of drinkable local red as an amenity and full access to the lounge. They have placed a lounge on the 2nd floor in a couple of meeting rooms with a very good breakfast spread and free drinks and snacks in the afternoon. Don't know about the evenings because we were too busy with Pragues wonderful beerhalls. Lounge staff are really nice there, there's a PC for internet connections and an area with sofas and a big screen TV.

Housekeeping up on the 8th floor is a bit sketchy. Fresh mineral water every day, but not to bright on the changing dirty glasses bit.

However, it was a nice stay and a very enjoyable time.

Old Jul 15, 2003, 1:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by iainbhx:
They have placed a lounge on the 2nd floor in a couple of meeting rooms with a very good breakfast spread and free drinks and snacks in the afternoon.</font>
iainbhx,thanks for the update regarding the temporary lounge. And for Nick: thanks for the directions.
I just received a Fax from the Prague Hilton confirming my complementary upgrade to an Executive Senior Suite, let's hope not due to my age !
Things are looking good regarding this hotel so far.
Thanks again for the responses.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since when does 30 qualify as Senior??

That should be one of the two room suites up on the eighth floor. Large king in one room, and a sitting area, bar, and powder room in the other room. It's a beautiful thing...
Old Jul 15, 2003, 9:40 pm

ITs very walkable. If you exit the main entrance to the station you'll go to the right and then at the next block make another right and walk down past a McDonalds and then cut across to the left and the hotel is in front of you. About a 15 minute walk. The hotel is very nice in my opinion - didn't know about the temporary lounge as every time I've been there its been on the 8th floor. Ask for a Castle view as its really nice - get a three day tourist tram ticket for about 10 bucks - its worth it and fun too. There is a tram stop about 10 minute walk from the hotel - the other thing to do is walk from the hilton along the river over to the bridge - not really crowded and nice view on the way over.
Old Jul 17, 2003, 7:35 am

Is it easy to get into the lounge with your HH gold card alone or do they check your room. I will be staying in the Mercure hotel Prague next and want to take a look for next time.
Old Jul 17, 2003, 1:33 pm

If I recall correctly, I think they just ask for your room number. However, if you just want to take a look, I am sure they will accomodate you. The staff there is wonderful.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 1:49 pm

Hilton Prague

Has anyone stayed in the Hilton in Prague recently? I'm going next week but haven't stayed there for over a year. Last time I was there, there was construction going on and I heard the excellent lounge was closed for a while. Is the lounge open? Is the health club fully functional? Any updates on the hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.