Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Prague {CZE}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2004, 10:08 am

The Prague Hilton is excellent. They put Gold and Diamond members on the top two flors which, I think, are 6 and 7. As a silver you'll get a floor below that but the room size will be exactly the same and I'm sure the quality will be good. The rooms look two ways...out from a square shaped building in 4 directions and inward to a huge atrium. Ask for a room facing the city. They have great views.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
How far is this hotel from the 'old town' area? I'd booked a room here for one night in Aug, then changed to the Four Seasons as this appeared pretty far from the main city center. It's still early enough for me to 'switch' back (not to mention the savings of lots of euros!
Old Jun 16, 2004, 2:48 pm
Suspended

20-25 minute walk.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 7:09 pm

More like 10-15 minutes from the Hilton. And the heart of the old town is 5 minutes walk from the Four Seasons. I'd save my Euros and stay at the Hilton.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 11:03 pm

Programs: AS Emerald; UA 1MM; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum
I have just returned from a 4 night award stay at the Prague Hilton. It was very nice. We are gold, so were on the 7th floor and had access to the Executive lounge, which really saved money as you had free internet access any time the lounge was open (6am -11pm) and were able to enjoy the free breakfast, which was really good and plentiful, and the snacks and drinks thoughout the day.

Do not eat in the restaurant for dinner - you can do much better somewhere else.

no airconditioning, and opening the window (ours opened to the Atrium), did make it a bit noisy, as the sound carried upwards late at night.

I walked to the old town, and I would say 20 minutes is a fair estimate, but as it did rain pretty hard while there, I did resort to taking the metro, which was easy and cheap - especially as nobody appeared to validate their tickets, so you could use them more than once however they did have inspectors out - so cheat at your own risk!
Old Jun 18, 2004, 9:23 am

close to tram/metro

Hilton is 5 minute stroll to either the tram stop or metro. Its also a nice 30 minute walk along the river to the charles bridge....the hotel is very nice as is prague. Its not in Praha 1 but right next to it, so if being immersed in the old town is the goal you'll be disappointed. But if you want a nice place to stay to allow for you to easily access the old town you'll be pleased. Enjoy
Old Jun 20, 2004, 6:35 am

I won't start a new thread, but...
is the Hilton website map wrong? It shows the property about 2 miles southeast of old town. Isn't the property along the river about 3/4 miles east/northeast of there (near Florenc metro)?
I'm considering a stay but will otherwise stay (and pay) at a more central location if the map is right.

Last edited by us airways customer; Jun 20, 2004 at 6:38 am
Old Jun 20, 2004, 8:32 am

The hotel is right beside the Florenc metro station. Its an easy, short walk to the Old Town.
Old Jun 20, 2004, 8:36 am

Its along the river

Originally Posted by us airways customer
I won't start a new thread, but...
is the Hilton website map wrong? It shows the property about 2 miles southeast of old town. Isn't the property along the river about 3/4 miles east/northeast of there (near Florenc metro)?
I'm considering a stay but will otherwise stay (and pay) at a more central location if the map is right.
------------------------

Yes its along the river, it is NOT in Praha 1 - but just outside of it. Here is a link to a map of hotels ...there is a better one somewhere but can't remember where. Your not in old town but unless you need to sleep there you'll be happy as long as walking a little isn't an issue.

www.ehi.com/travel/ehi/czech/hot_map1.html
Old Jun 23, 2004, 5:00 pm

I'll be making my first visit to the Prague Hilton June 26-30. Anyone know if any of the rooms on the executive floors have two beds or a pull-out sofa?
Old Jun 24, 2004, 10:12 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Talking Check out this topic as well

dhammer53, my wife and I are staying there on 21 and 22 July and I started a thread to get some more information about the hotel (as well as others in England), so you might find something of value in the replies from other FT'ers, particularly down the bottom of Page 1.

Particularly, check out dnedge's photo of one of the rooms (copied from my topic).

Being a humble Gold, I'm not expecting much, other than perhaps a higher floor (further away from the noise). Ask for a city facing room (as other FT'ers have advised) would be the only other piece of advice.
Old Jun 24, 2004, 11:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jimmac
The hotel is right beside the Florenc metro station. Its an easy, short walk to the Old Town.
Yeah, about 20 minutes. You are outvoted 2:1!
Old Jun 25, 2004, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
QF WP ,

Thanks for the info. I'll do a search and re-read that post.

Dan
Old Jun 25, 2004, 11:34 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Thumbs up Happy to help

Dan, the least I could do for you after missing your guided tour of NYC when I was there in Dec/Jan.

Chuckled when I read your second line... (good of you to remember )
Old Jun 26, 2004, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is the preferred way from the airport to this hotel?

Misternice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.