Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

OLD Conrad Chicago {US-IL} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLD Conrad Chicago {US-IL} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MS02113
The recently opened Conrad New York also provides Aromatherapy Associates toiletries, so I'll assume it's a new brand standard? I must admit that I liked their products better than the Acca Kappa equivalents I've seen at other Conrad properties.

Having never heard of Aromatherapy Associates, I checked out the company's Web site and found that its products aren't inexpensive (e.g., $38 for a bottle of shampoo).
While they're not inexpensive my initial impression is that the size is more appropriate for a short hotel stay.... the previous Acca Kappa bottles would easily last 4-5 days... I expect these last 2-3 days at best. Perhaps it's a move to provide a better product at a lower cost to the property.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
The recently opened Conrad New York also provides Aromatherapy Associates toiletries, so I'll assume it's a new brand standard? I must admit that I liked their products better than the Acca Kappa equivalents I've seen at other Conrad properties.

Having never heard of Aromatherapy Associates, I checked out the company's Web site and found that its products aren't inexpensive (e.g., $38 for a bottle of shampoo).
The PTR products aren't cheap either. I love the yellow shower gel that some Hilton properties use and it's $17 a bottle.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
While they're not inexpensive my initial impression is that the size is more appropriate for a short hotel stay.... the previous Acca Kappa bottles would easily last 4-5 days... I expect these last 2-3 days at best. Perhaps it's a move to provide a better product at a lower cost to the property.
There were actually two sizes of Acca Kappa bottles in Conrad Chicago, the one you got maybe the larger size normally would only be put in suites. The standard room no view or with view was the smaller bottles last 2-3 days.

I found that out from the maid's cart when I was hoarding for toiletries.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: QF Plat, HH Diamond
Just finished a 3 nights stay.

Sad to say but I was told Conrad Chicago no longer stocks the little stuff animals since end of 2011 so I couldn't add to my collection.

Room was nice on level 14. The first day I had noise problems from next door with loud bass music which stopped at around 11pm. I don't know who's bright idea it was to place a large Bose Bass speaker in every room...

Breakfast was good although a bit on the slow side... for business travel I prefer to have a buffet so that I can grab what I want and leave for work!
Get the pastries instead of the "bread". The Chocolate croissant and the plan croissant is really good.

Bed as comfortable and I wish every Hilton had the same nice pillow as this hotel rather than the tiny flat things they give at other Hiltons.
I got the Aromatherapy Associates product bottles 40ml. To me it is okay, better than the current Hilton Peter products but I still have highest preference for Crabtree.

Staff were good and friendly, the best were the ground floor bell desk staff.

Overall this is better than normal Hilton and better than Palmer house by miles because it is smaller and have less families running around. It is ever so slightly better than normal Hiltons, but don't get a sense of premium feel you get at Asian Conrads like Tokyo or Hong Kong.

Moving to the Wit for 3 nights to see if it is better now.
Old May 7, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
The recently opened Conrad New York also provides Aromatherapy Associates toiletries, so I'll assume it's a new brand standard?
Off-topic, but I'm presently at Conrad Brussels, which now also provides Aromatherapy Associates products. I think it's safe to say it's the new Conrad standard.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Seafood nearby?

Are there any decent (but hopefully not too expensive) seafood places you could recommend near Conrad Chicago? Thai places would be OK too
Old Jul 24, 2012, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by hbush
Are there any decent (but hopefully not too expensive) seafood places you could recommend near Conrad Chicago? Thai places would be OK too
Joes Stone crabs on Rush
Old Jul 24, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: *wood plt,mrt plt, aa ex plt
Smile

Three forks awesome 312-938-4303:d
Old Jul 24, 2012, 3:43 pm

Have enjoyed past stays here very much. Sad to say on last visit here in June my cell phone was swiped from the table at the rooftop lounge. My fault as I left it unattended for a few moments. An employee I talked with said that I wasn't the first to have it happen to me and that he suspected another employee. So beware.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:03 pm

Joe's Stone is good but nearly impossible to get reservations (at least on opentable). A thai-influenced option would be Le Colonial. Technically it is french-viatnamese. A little bit of a walk, but very doable / enjoyable on a nice night.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 1:53 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Thanks a lot for all Seafood suggestions!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 3:46 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks a lot for all Seafood suggestions!
you asked for "(but hopefully not too expensive)" seafood places, you were given expensive to very expensive seafood places.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
you asked for "(but hopefully not too expensive)" seafood places, you were given expensive to very expensive seafood places.
My bad, I didn't notice the (not too expensive) part. Ignore joes stones It is very expensive.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Thanks for warning! I noticed that when found WWW pages for all places mentioned (and Zagat reports too). But it's nice to know where I can found very good food if I really really want it, so thanks to all anyway! Still... if there is some less expensive seafood place not far from Conrad Chicago, would be nice to know as well.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I'm back at the Conrad Chicago... booked a king deluxe room on an AAA rate and received a very nice Diamond upgrade to a Terrace Suite. I'm sitting on the terrace as I write this.

A change worth noting is that in the past few months they've moved away from the electronic mini-bars (the ones that charged you even if you just moved drinks around inside the fridge) and now have a small empty fridge in it's place. This is a huge improvement in my opinion!

You can still order mini bar items and they'll bring them up to fill your fridge with whatever you want to pay for (no refunds once they bring it to your room).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.