Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

OLD Conrad Chicago {US-IL} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLD Conrad Chicago {US-IL} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2007, 11:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Which program do you want to earn points in?

Stay in that hotel.

I would not view walking across a street as a decision maker/breaker in choosing a place to stay.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by troyintn
I get small upgrades at the drake corner room etc, and exec club. At the Conrad same thing the corner rooms are good size, they give you some water for your welcome gift, the breakfast certs are for a contintal or they will give you $12 credit for anything on the menu. I prefer the conrad to the Drake. It is a nice hotel, Overall conrads are a lot like Westins. At the conrad you will hae to take two elevators ad the lobby is on the fifth floor.
I would not consider water as a welcome gift for diamond members. Two bottles of water is standard HHonor benefit for HHonor members. When I checked-in at Chicago InterContinental Ambassador, I received a fruit basket, bottle of water, a packet chocolate, one free movie on top of the upgrade.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:51 am

I decided to go with Conrad, mainly for the points. Any suggestions as to which rooms to avoid?
Old Oct 21, 2007, 11:50 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
I have read conflicting reports as to whether this Conrad offers L'occitane or Molton Brown bath amenities. Anybody with recent experience care to chime in?
Old Oct 21, 2007, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by SEAUAKID
I have read conflicting reports as to whether this Conrad offers L'occitane or Molton Brown bath amenities. Anybody with recent experience care to chime in?
I have a stay coming up Tuesday. I will try to remember and post.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 11:19 pm

Just stayed here in September on a BMG Cert. from a stay from HELL at another Hilton property back in May. I was provided a more than excellent upgrade! I was upgraded to the "Executive Suite" for being Diamond. I was checking in early and a complimentary beverage was provided since my room was ready (I requested a check-in at noon), so a step above and beyond already. The service was excellent and was referred to by my first name throughout the whole stay. The staff made me feel very special considering the prior stay at another Hilton property and response from Guest Assistance was just plain terrible that got me the BMG Cert (I ended almost losing $2,000 PLUS my vacation). It made me feel like after I was repeatedly flat out harassed (the DD also was yelled at by the manager, so they hated them too) by the other property, that Hilton cared about my business. Mirela, the sales manager, is very helpful. I will stay here EVERY time I go to Chicago now. The customer service and rooms are just immaculate!
Old Oct 22, 2007, 2:01 am

Thumbs up

I had wanted to stay at the Drake but Mr t wanted this hotel
The Conrad Chicago is a FAB hotel.
upgraded to two suites and one normal room for our party of 5/ staff are fantastic and the breaky is good too.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
I can verify they have Molton Brown amenities.

Now as for the property^^^^^^ We went into the big city for the night and wanted to make it a good night. And it was a good night. Check-in was smooth and easy. I was very surprised when I got to my room. It was a corner SUITE. My first suite upgrade. I am glad that it came now and with Mrs. Cayenne92 along to enjoy it with me. The only reason to pick on the room is that there was no patio, the floor below had a patio. I guess I couldn't get everything After returning from dinner, we found a plate of fresh fruit, 2 bottles of the Voss water and a signed birthday card. That was a great touch and let me know that some one actually read the notes in the reservation. At check out the clerk offered to print up our boarding passes since there was no lobby kiosk.

I was very happy with the experience and will look forward to staying there again.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 6:09 pm

Programs: UAL 1K , HHonors Diamond
Yes, Molton Brown on all my visits there.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:35 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
What is the current status on chances for an upgrade to executive floor room as diamond?
Old Nov 22, 2007, 5:21 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Donna D
Breakfast cost are extreme. With my $14 credit [which I had to request], it was still $30 for two of us, plus tip, for the buffet. Due to cost of hotel [I paid $325 for a non-city view room], I probably would not stay here if on my own dime, but it is nice.

They should have given you two of them. Which will take get another 14 of your bill. But yes it is high I always get the Eggs Benadict which is 14 the coffee is another 5, but It is nice.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 1:42 pm

Mini Trip Report

We recently stayed at the Conrad Chicago on a 4 night AXON. We were given an upgraded room at check in since there were 3 in the room. When I asked about breakfast coupons (since we were Diamond) we were told that it’s the Conrad policy to either take the room upgrade or the coupons. We stayed with the room upgrade and the room was large with enough room to place the rollaway bed against a wall and still have room to move around. Every night the maid service provided 2 or 3 bottles of water and replenished the bath towels (only 3) but not the bath supplies. The morning maid service did clean the room and bathroom but not replenish the bath supplies on any day. When I caught a maid in the hallway and requested more shampoos, etc. I was given an ample supply.

Breakfast alternatives: Starbucks – go through the attached mall and turn right outside the door, walk about 2 minutes and it’s on the right. Another Starbucks is through the mall and across the street. For a hot breakfast (oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon) we enjoyed the Corner Bakery which was a about a 7 minute walk. Go out the mall, turn right, cross the river and cross the street and you’re there.

Nice Surprises:
• I had called ahead to have the check in person wish my daughter a Happy Birthday. Little did I know that the executive chef would be standing there at check in and overheard the Happy B-Day. Within minutes of checking into our room, room service sent up a mini bundt cake with a candle and two pitchers of milk. Timing is everything!
• Extended checkout from 12:00 to 1:30 – no problem
• I left my palm pilot in the safe upon checkout. DUH! I called security within an hour of leaving. They returned it for free via 3 day mail. I received it in 2 days.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 3:28 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Nice report. I've always been a Drake fan, but am now considering the Conrad for future visits. Thanks again.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 8:24 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Nice report. I've always been a Drake fan, but am now considering the Conrad for future visits. Thanks again.
I would take the Conrad over the Drake. The drake is getting a bit tired in its condition. Hallways and rooms are a bit shabby and need renovating. Only the Executive Lounge makes the Drake worth it.

I like the Conrad for it's location and the fact that I've been able to upgrade to the City View 1 BR suite each time that I've stayed there.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Any recent stays/experiences?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.