Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

OLD Conrad Chicago {US-IL} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLD Conrad Chicago {US-IL} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 4:16 pm

Programs: HHonors/AAdvantage
Thumbs up Conrad Chicago Trip Reports and Reviews

My wife and I spent New Years in the city. We checked into the Conrad and we we're upgraded to the top floor with a nice city view. We had a pretty good rate and they included a breakfast credit. Staff was nice, room nice, bathroom great. We had a great time and a fine stay. Not too shabby for gold
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Top floor city view to me is not really an upgrade, as the building is low anyway, compare to the next door Marriott. It is a very poor value upgrade, as like my HH profile already has a note for high floors, I would get it anyways.

There is no exec.floor in this hotel, so top floor rooms are just the same as lower floor rooms. Unless you got a suite in this Conrad, that hardly call an "upgrade". Only diamond would get upgrade to suite.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: HH Gold
There are better rooms (excluding suites) than others on all floors of the Chicago Conrad, ORD. Have stayed there a few times and once asked for a room re-assignment from a lower floor with a positive result one floor up. JP was obviously happy with his stay and his room upgrade. You might try exiting on the other side of your bed tomorrow morning?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sunday
There are better rooms (excluding suites) than others on all floors of the Chicago Conrad, ORD. Have stayed there a few times and once asked for a room re-assignment from a lower floor with a positive result one floor up. JP was obviously happy with his stay and his room upgrade. You might try exiting on the other side of your bed tomorrow morning?
Actually he's been pissed at that hotel ever since he stayed there and they didnt give him one of the little Conrad bears

mike
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
I just had a very nice stay here over the weekend. As a DIA was upgraded to a junior suite (a surprise since I booked the room about 4 hours prior to arrival), and for MyWay was given a choice between the bonus points or breakfast. Yes, they still have the cows.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:40 pm

Chicago hotel special promo

Usually stay at Conrad Hilton Chicago - nice big rooms, king rooms have whirlpool tubs and FREE INTERNET. Seriously - a Hilton that offers free internet. Staying this week $195, booked next week for $135 (pp).

https://secure.hilton.com/en/ch/res/...&hotel=CHICICI
Old Feb 18, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
I stayed there for one night on 2/16 and I was given a City View King and was provided with a breakfast voucher as Diamond. The room was of an IC caliber which I felt that the Hilton chain should have more hotels like these with plush rooms and chic looks.

It has a Bose music system and a nice shower and bath. The one thing that stuck me odd was the reverse shower faucet - it is hot towards the right side and cold on the left side and it starts at the right side.

Bath amenities were looking good but did not smell amazing like you get at an IC or Waldorf.

Breakfast was great at the restaurant although the voucher said continental it was a choice of lot of things ranging from coffee/juice to Eggs. The best was a very well decorated fruit and berry plate which was fresh and delicious. It excelled in quality although I am not an expert.

- naroowal
Old Feb 18, 2011, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I stayed here late last year (using certs) and didn't really feel much love from the front desk as a Diamond at all - got room I booked with view of offices across the alley a few yards over. Ugh.

Restaurant was pricey, but staff were great. I received a cow upon request.

Overall, I was underwhelmed.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I stayed here late last year (using certs) and didn't really feel much love from the front desk as a Diamond at all - got room I booked with view of offices across the alley a few yards over. Ugh.

Restaurant was pricey, but staff were great. I received a cow upon request.

Overall, I was underwhelmed.

Ditto. Just had a "staycation" tour of Hilton hotels in IL...we saved the Conrad as our last stop thinking that we were saving the best for last. WRONG. No love from the Diamond desk. Asked for an upgrade in an EMPTY hotel. Was told we were "upgraded to a Deluxe room." Um, nope, looks like a tiny regular standard room to me, despite being told it was an upgrade. Maybe they upgraded the view? Oh, nope, not that either. Got a nice view of the wall of the building next door. Then got up-charged on food in the bar by a few bucks...$12 for a bowl of vanilla ice cream (menu only says $9). Then got LOCKED INSIDE THE BATHROOM (the part with just the toilet). Had to call someone to come unlock the door because the lock was jammed. No apology. WORST stay at any hotel, ever. Other than the 42" TV and the Bose system, this was a step down from every U.S. hotel I've ever been in.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Ditto. Just had a "staycation" tour of Hilton hotels in IL...we saved the Conrad as our last stop thinking that we were saving the best for last. WRONG. No love from the Diamond desk. Asked for an upgrade in an EMPTY hotel. Was told we were "upgraded to a Deluxe room." Um, nope, looks like a tiny regular standard room to me, despite being told it was an upgrade. Maybe they upgraded the view? Oh, nope, not that either. Got a nice view of the wall of the building next door. Then got up-charged on food in the bar by a few bucks...$12 for a bowl of vanilla ice cream (menu only says $9). Then got LOCKED INSIDE THE BATHROOM (the part with just the toilet). Had to call someone to come unlock the door because the lock was jammed. No apology. WORST stay at any hotel, ever. Other than the 42" TV and the Bose system, this was a step down from every U.S. hotel I've ever been in.
I agree about the Bose system and TV being great. And if you aren't a diamond member the internet is suprisingly compliminetary.

I stayed there in January on a cheap rate they had. Usually it's one of the most expensive hotels and I stay at Palmer house or the WIT or one of the grand street HH properties and was in Chicago for a saturda night in January and deicded to try it.

I was disappointed seeing it is suppose to be one of their top of the line properties. Was sort of a let down like the WA was in NYC. I prefer the PH or WIT over this property and would never pay their regular rate.

The staff at the front desk was great but like other posters have stated no love for their diamond guests. I was given a 2 p.m. check out but wanted to check in at 11 a.m. Was told there was no rooms available but they would give me an upgraded room and hold my bags and call my cell when my room was ready and it would be around noon probably. I wanted to do some things in the loop and at 2 still no call and I figured they forgot and I walk back over and my room still wasn't ready. I got my room at 3 (which is their check in time) and even though I was told I was upgraded, it seemed like a standard room to me.

Like other posters have said their food prices are absurd and I wouldn't eat there except for the "free" breakfast which was just a voucher and didn't even cover the small breakfast I had.

The location is convenient to the L and Nordstroms and dining, but I would recomend the palmer house or WIT or one of the grand street properties over this one.

If you do decide to stay there change your my way from the free breakfast and upgrade to the bonus points. The voucher won't cover the price of the breakfast with their prices and you can find much better places within a couple blocks to eat at for a reasonable price.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Like other posters have said their food prices are absurd and I wouldn't eat there except for the "free" breakfast which was just a voucher and didn't even cover the small breakfast I had.

If you do decide to stay there change your my way from the free breakfast and upgrade to the bonus points. The voucher won't cover the price of the breakfast with their prices and you can find much better places within a couple blocks to eat at for a reasonable price.
The breakfast coupons can be used to order anything from the HHonors breakfast - juice, coffee, oatmeal, toast, pastry, yogurt, eggs, potatoes, cereal, fruit. On weekends, I've been told I can have anything from the buffet. I always order oatmeal, yogurt with fruit and 1 piece of toast. I like the breakfast offered.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by BaliParis
The breakfast coupons can be used to order anything from the HHonors breakfast - juice, coffee, oatmeal, toast, pastry, yogurt, eggs, potatoes, cereal, fruit. On weekends, I've been told I can have anything from the buffet. I always order oatmeal, yogurt with fruit and 1 piece of toast. I like the breakfast offered.
We were told they were worth $xx and didn't cover much on the hot menu. The food was good but i thought it was overpriced. I wish I would have just gone for the additional points and ate at someplace in the loop.

I wish all properties that had buffets would give you the buffet if you are a diamond and have breakfast for your my way.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I wish all properties that had buffets would give you the buffet if you are a diamond and have breakfast for your my way.
The current rules is that Diamond/Gold members who choose the upgrade plus breakfast option at Conrad/Hilton/Doubletree are entitled to a continental breakfast only. Some hotels do go beyond this and give the full buffet; others charge an upgrade fee.

Note that HGIs are different — they give full breakfast to Diamond/Gold members.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stifle
The current rules is that Diamond/Gold members who choose the upgrade plus breakfast option at Conrad/Hilton/Doubletree are entitled to a continental breakfast only. Some hotels do go beyond this and give the full buffet; others charge an upgrade fee.

Note that HGIs are different — they give full breakfast to Diamond/Gold members.
Yeah I know that is the policy of Hilton to only do a continental. Seems like a lot of properties do go beyond this though. Especially if you are diamond. At the DT Times Square they give diamonds the full buffett instead of just continental. That would be a nice added benefit for diamonds would be to get a full breakfast or buffet seeing there really aren't too many additional benefits, especially with properties with no lounges, outside of the additional points as far as property benefits go and at some properties like the Palmer house only diamonds get free fitness center access.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I agree. There's not a whole lot of distinction between gold and diamond in my opinion — higher VIP bonus, diamond force, and guaranteed lounge access where there's no upgrade available are all I can think of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.