Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

OLD Conrad Chicago {US-IL} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLD Conrad Chicago {US-IL} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I meant that the B & B rate would usually be $10 more than the $139 rate and $10 less than the just chillin rate. On your date[s] there may be no difference but usually I see the B & B rate as less than the just chillin rate.
I find that the B&B rate is $10 per person. When I plugged in the same dates with one adult I did get $149 for B&B and $159 for Just Chilling. Similarly for the Palmer, the B&B for one was $10 less than Just Chilling, but the same for two adults. The other Chicago hotels I looked at did not include breakfast in their Just Chilling promotion.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by laidback71
I find that the B&B rate is $10 per person. When I plugged in the same dates with one adult I did get $149 for B&B and $159 for Just Chilling. Similarly for the Palmer, the B&B for one was $10 less than Just Chilling, but the same for two adults. The other Chicago hotels I looked at did not include breakfast in their Just Chilling promotion.
Sounds like you have it covered. There are other threads that discuss the relative differences in the properties. I usually stay at WA, Conrad, PH, or Wit.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Does anyone have the general manager's email address?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
anyone?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by cop35758
anyone?
Why not just call the property and ask for it?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
I like this Conrad a lot, downtown and very nice rooms.
I got a upgrade as Diamond to Suite with Balcony.
Great for a 2 night stay downtown as a tourist with everything in the area.
I shoot some pictures:
http://blog.hiltonhotelfans.eu/conrad-chicago/
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:12 pm

We have an upcoming revenue stay here this upcoming weekend.

Can anyone speak to recent experiences here? Has anyone received any upgrades or extra benefits for Platinum status at this particular location?
Old May 7, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by ashap
We have an upcoming revenue stay here this upcoming weekend.

Can anyone speak to recent experiences here? Has anyone received any upgrades or extra benefits for Platinum status at this particular location?
A little late, but the wkd before your stay I received free breakfasts (for 2) and extra HH points because a room upgrade was not available for my stay.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I have my first stay at the Conrad Chicago and as someone who now uses Conrad New York as their homebase in Manhattan, I was of course looking forward to seeing what it was like and I have not been disappointed in the least. I am typing this from the Terrace Restaurant outside on the Fifth Floor (which is a lovely place to have cocktails and some food). Staff is very professional and friendly, the hotel has a very comfortable feel to it. I only booked a regular deluxe room and was upgraded to a Superior room with a city view (aka view of Willis Tower). I have another Downtown Chicago trip planned in a month and I have reservations for a suite at the Conrad and also a suite at the Waldorf and I am seriously considering the Conrad just because its with a group and this Terrace restaurant atmosphere is awesome.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Miesque
I have my first stay at the Conrad Chicago and as someone who now uses Conrad New York as their homebase in Manhattan, I was of course looking forward to seeing what it was like and I have not been disappointed in the least. I am typing this from the Terrace Restaurant outside on the Fifth Floor (which is a lovely place to have cocktails and some food). Staff is very professional and friendly, the hotel has a very comfortable feel to it. I only booked a regular deluxe room and was upgraded to a Superior room with a city view (aka view of Willis Tower). I have another Downtown Chicago trip planned in a month and I have reservations for a suite at the Conrad and also a suite at the Waldorf and I am seriously considering the Conrad just because its with a group and this Terrace restaurant atmosphere is awesome.
And just wait until tomorrow morning when you see how much better the breakfast is there than Conrad NYC!
Old Jul 14, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Michael19887
And just wait until tomorrow morning when you see how much better the breakfast is there than Conrad NYC!
Breakfast was great, I had the hearty option (you could also use the voucher for up to $19 on the ala carte menu) and eggs, potatoes, bacon, toast, coffee and OJ were well executed and presented with friendly service.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:01 pm

.... I have another Downtown Chicago trip planned in a month and I have reservations for a suite at the Conrad and also a suite at the Waldorf and I am seriously considering the Conrad just because its with a group and this Terrace restaurant atmosphere is awesome.
If you've never stayed at the WA, my personal recommendation is to give it a try. The Conrad is more centrally located but also that location can feel somewhat like a zoo. The WA is in a more quiet, residential-like setting. It has an extra air of exclusivity, if that is important to you. Also, since most of the hotel is suite-orientated, so IMO your shot of an upgrade is better...they are typically generous if you simply ask. (Even the basic rooms are huge.) Your chances of getting a balcony would be better as well.

A recent poster on the WA thread also indicated they gave him breakfast as a Gold, which would be a fairly recent addition to their benefits.

Don't get me wrong the Conrad is great, but IMO the WA is better. Have fun!
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
That is hardly an upgrade, as I know from street view room to a city view room, the room is the same size same amenities, just like upgrading from regular to a room with air purifier !

I am surprised you didn't get upgrade to a suite as a diamond, as even as a gold myself, I had gotten upgraded to a suite occasionally !
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm impressed. This hotel is half the price of the nearby Intercontinental where I normally stay and it seems a fair bit nicer. I got upgraded from Deluxe to a nice two room suite on the gym floor, but no terrace unfortunately.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:03 am

Visit Chicago almost annually and I've stayed at the Allerton (old and run down), the Marriott on Michigan Ave. and the Conrad. The Conrad is by far the best....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.