Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Diego, California, USA {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 6, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Diego, California, USA {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by MissJ
Any advice for someone who needs to stay south of La Jolla but north of the airport? Well, generally. I can expand some but want to be close to an event we are attending.

It's only for one night, so I don't know that I want to go full-on resort and spend $300, but I really do want to stay somewhere pretty decent.

Help
There's a Hampton Inn and a Doubletree Hotel almost directly across the street from each other on Camino del Real, off of I-5 at the Carmel Valley Road exit. Not south of La Jolla (they're located between La Jolla and Del Mar) but easy on/off the freeway.

Also a Hampton Inn on Clairemont Mesa Blvd in Kearny Mesa, just off of 163.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:52 pm

I see all of those on the site, but are they nice? I've been to SD many times, but always right downtown. Downtown is nice, but would be really inconvenient for this trip.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors, Priority Club, Marriott, National, Avis
Free parking in San Diego?

I'm looking for recent experiences with any of the Hilton, Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, Doubletree, or HGI properties in the core of San Diego, specifically downtown, old town, or Mission Valley. I would like to find a property that offers free parking, and according to the web site none do in this area. Do any of these properties provide Diamond members free parking as an unpublished benefit? Thanks in advance for any recent info you can provide.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by RteSmrt
I'm looking for recent experiences with any of the Hilton, Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, Doubletree, or HGI properties in the core of San Diego, specifically downtown, old town, or Mission Valley. I would like to find a property that offers free parking, and according to the web site none do in this area. Do any of these properties provide Diamond members free parking as an unpublished benefit? Thanks in advance for any recent info you can provide.
Have you reviewed this thread? DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Diego, California, USA {US-CA}

Parking isn't a benefit. Generally suburban properties have cheaper or free parking.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:12 pm

Hampton downtown has always provided free parking as a Diamond in the past...you may wish to confirm tho.

Last edited by smmrfld; Mar 13, 2017 at 8:58 am
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:35 am

I can tell you that Hilton Bayfront San Diego does NOT provide free parking for Diamond. In fact it is $50 per day.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:56 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Need
I can tell you that Hilton Bayfront San Diego does NOT provide free parking for Diamond. In fact it is $50 per day.
Wow they really sock it to u diamonds. Non members only have to pay $40 per day
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Any word on the Hotel Del Coronado joining Hilton? I got an email about it last week...basically inviting me to book it...but the website just says it "may" be joining Hilton, "opening" in July 2017, but isn't yet taking reservations.

Looking to possibly book for early 2018...
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by pinniped
Any word on the Hotel Del Coronado joining Hilton? I got an email about it last week...basically inviting me to book it...but the website just says it "may" be joining Hilton, "opening" in July 2017, but isn't yet taking reservations.

Indicates July 19th (2017).

http://www.10news.com/news/hotel-del...-come-mid-july

Interestingly, this property has been owned by Blackstone which has a significant Hilton association, but recently switched over to management by Hilton (from KSL).

There is no "may", it is a Curio property under Hilton family.

Rasheed
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services

You can book now for Hotel Del Coronado on the Hilton website for dates after Aug 1.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
OK, looks like it's half-alive as of now. The regular hotel rooms appear bookable, but not the villas.

That said, I couldn't find a single rate that wasn't prepaid. (Although some rates are changeable/refundable.) I was doing test-bookings for a 1-nighter in March.

A prepaid base room was $357/nt. all in. Award 61,000 points. Parking *not* included.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:46 pm

OK, looks like it's half-alive as of now. The regular hotel rooms appear bookable, but not the villas.

That said, I couldn't find a single rate that wasn't prepaid. (Although some rates are changeable/refundable.) I was doing test-bookings for a 1-nighter in March.

A prepaid base room was $357/nt. all in. Award 61,000 points. Parking *not* included.
Parking is $39 a day. No real off-site parking options on Coronado. Also there is a mandatory $30/day resort fee which is mistakenly not included in the prepay quote, but is accurately quoted on pay later rates.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:01 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Homewood Suites Liberty Station offers free parking next to a training navy destroyer PLUS dinners on the weekdays!!!

More photos here:
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by RteSmrt
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Hampton downtown has always provided free parking as a Diamond in the past...you may wish to confirm tho.
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Homewood Suites Liberty Station offers free parking next to a training navy destroyer PLUS dinners on the weekdays!!!
Neither of these hotels offer free parking anymore even for Diamonds. It used to be an unpublished benefit at the Hampton Inn downtown, this stopped about a year or two ago. The HS liberty station, used to be free parking for everyone. This too stopped even for Diamonds. I was given free parking at the HGI Old Town, when I last stayed there a couple weeks ago. I was told he was hooking me up because I am a Diamond. The FDC did NOT say it was an unpublished benefit like the Hampton would tell you in the past. I have stayed at this HGI twice before this year and always had to pay for parking. I will need more data points before I know whether that was a one time deal, or a new policy.

Bottom line if you are going to stay at a HH hotel in or around downtown SD plan on paying for parking Diamond or not.

OBTW, the dinners the HS used to provide have turned into light snacks at best. Unless you eat like a bird, plan on dinner somewhere else when you stay there. It is still my preferred San Diego property to stay at however due in large part to where I go to work at while there, and the fact there are some acceptable (to me) and affordable dining options right across the parking lot from it.

Last edited by isle-hawg; Jul 16, 2017 at 2:47 pm
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:41 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by isle-hawg
Neither of these hotels offer free parking anymore even for Diamonds.
Really? Well, that's too bad ...

OBTW, the dinners the HS used to provide have turned into light snacks at best. Unless you eat like a bird, plan on dinner somewhere else when you stay there. It is still my preferred San Diego property to stay at however due in large part to where I go to work at while there, and the fact there are some acceptable (to me) and affordable dining options right across the parking lot from it.
RE: Homewood Suites Liberty Station

That's another setback - still, outdoor grills are available and in the immediate area of the hotel there was a VONS supermarket and a Trader Joe's, if you are in the mood for grilling. We stocked the fridge with Champagne, fruits, milk, and snacks. Complimentary daily buffet-style breakfast for all hotel guests regardless of the status. Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, sausages or other protein, potatoes, breads, jams, waffles, fruits, cereals, with all condiments like cream cheese, peanut butter, cheese, salsa, etc. Additionally, the buffet contains juices, coffee, and tea. The food was delicious and more than adequate to sustain us until early supper. Breakfast (and happy hour) does not resemble the riots experienced at the Embassy Suites by Seaport Village at mealtimes!

We also went to restaurants in the area:

Issara Thai: not recommended.
Sushiya: Good.
Yummy Asian Buffet (near Old Town): not recommended.
Todai: off the 8 is closed for good.
Hodad Burgers: Great burgers
Hash House A Go Go (Hillcrest area): Huge portions of great comfort American food

https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_...ash&view_all=1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.