Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Diego, California, USA {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 6, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Diego, California, USA {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:04 pm

Any suggestions for a great hotel with a toddler? We are planning on Legoland, Petco Park, the Children's museum. This will be our first vacation with our 14 month old son. Some of the resort properties look nice and have lots of outdoor areas but not necessarily the best reviews. I was mostly considering downtown or near Carlsbad.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 8:27 pm

free shuttle to Sea World San Diego?

any hilton properties offer a free shuttle to Sea World San Diego?

Thx!
Old Dec 26, 2016, 6:49 am
cjd

Originally Posted by vickh
any hilton properties offer a free shuttle to Sea World San Diego?

Thx!
Hilton Grand Vacations at Sea World runs a free shuttle to Sea World. Have stayed there a couple of times. Very nice property with plenty of pools and close to attractions.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by cjd
Hilton Grand Vacations at Sea World runs a free shuttle to Sea World. Have stayed there a couple of times. Very nice property with plenty of pools and close to attractions.
Thx, but Don't see it on pts. redemption page...
Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by cjd

The OP is asking about the San Diego area, not Florida

Try this property - http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/cal...HHF/index.html

It's not like other airport hotels. This property has amazing views, it's right outside of downtown, and it is minutes away from SeaWorld. They offer an airport shuttle (of course), and a shuttle to local attractions. I suggest contacting the property directly to see exactly where they will take you.

Good luck!

Last edited by LMG0910; Dec 26, 2016 at 7:53 pm
Old Dec 26, 2016, 10:35 pm

hmmm they charge Self parking: $22.00 (Parking Lot)

wonder what my gold upgrade chances are for this Thurs:

https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hi/...epLinking=true

just called no on shuttle

Last edited by vickh; Dec 26, 2016 at 10:41 pm
Old Dec 26, 2016, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
hmmm they charge Self parking: $22.00 (Parking Lot)

wonder what my gold upgrade chances are for this Thurs:
$22 is pretty good for San Diego. I wouldn't hold my breath for an upgrade.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 2:52 am
cjd

Originally Posted by lmg0910
The OP is asking about the San Diego area, not Florida
Apologies, my mistake.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:04 am

Thx. Found one after quite a few calls and no answer from DT

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/cal...IHF/index.html

Total Number of Points per Stay: 35,759 Points!

1 KING GARDENVIEW VILLA,
Non-Smoking Confirmed

Your Rate Information:
PREMIUM ROOM REWARD
Rate per night : Confidential Rate

$36 parking there seems steep + Resort fees... Any way to avoid?

Hopefully will get a gold upgrade there. how's the breakfast??
Old Dec 28, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
I tend to be way more forgiving with my reviews of hotels than more here but I have to say something about the Double Tree Hotel Circle. I have stayed there multiple times visiting family and it gets worse and worse each time.

I have never been upgraded as a Gold or Diamond.
The walls are super thin and you hear everything from the hallway are other rooms.

On my most recent stay:
Smokers on the balconies
Night One - missing washcloths, called and never brought them
Night Two - missing bath towels, hand towels and washcloths
Rest of the nights - missing washcloths

There is a reason this place is so cheap and I suspect it will lose the Double Tree flag soon.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by cjd
Apologies, my mistake.
The good news is I now know about my options for Florida!
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:18 pm

Thx. Found one after quite a few calls and no answer from DT

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/cal...IHF/index.html

Total Number of Points per Stay: 35,759 Points!

1 KING GARDENVIEW VILLA,
Non-Smoking Confirmed

Your Rate Information:
PREMIUM ROOM REWARD
Rate per night : Confidential Rate

$36 parking there seems steep + Resort fees... Any way to avoid?

Hopefully will get a gold upgrade there. how's the breakfast??
I love this property!

The resort fee is usually waived when you're paying on points and around 36,000 points is a great deal for this location.

Regarding your upgrade, it looks like you're booking a premium room. That's a great strategy as premium rooms are sometimes significantly discounted for points bookings when the BAR is lower than usual. From my experience, the front desk agent, night auditor, and/or person who is assigning your room will just see that you booked a premium room and they won't necessarily see how much you're "paying" (with points) for the room. That's a good thing - it may give you the ability to bump up at least one more level from perhaps an ocean view room to a small suite. Your chances are somewhat increased compared to asking from the lowest room level. Good luck - it doesn't hurt to ask in the notes for a specific room type!

As for parking, you can always call and ask. I have had my parking fee waived here... There is also nearby street parking but the street parking that is right outside of the hotel doesn't allow overnight parking.

I can't remember the breakfast I was offered (whether it was a full buffet or just the continental buffet). Does anybody else have experience with the breakfast at this property?

I don't know what your plans are for San Diego but a Lyft or Uber ride between this hotel and the airport would be around $10 to $15. Maybe $20 to $30 in a taxi. That's less than the daily parking cost (but, again, not if you actually need a car).

I live in San Diego and I work as a consultant in the industry so feel free to message me directly if you have any questions. I may now know everything but I can at least point you in the right direction.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by lmg0910
I love this property!

The resort fee is usually waived when you're paying on points and around 36,000 points is a great deal for this location.

Regarding your upgrade, it looks like you're booking a premium room. That's a great strategy as premium rooms are sometimes significantly discounted for points bookings when the BAR is lower than usual. From my experience, the front desk agent, night auditor, and/or person who is assigning your room will just see that you booked a premium room and they won't necessarily see how much you're "paying" (with points) for the room. That's a good thing - it may give you the ability to bump up at least one more level from perhaps an ocean view room to a small suite. Your chances are somewhat increased compared to asking from the lowest room level. Good luck - it doesn't hurt to ask in the notes for a specific room type!

As for parking, you can always call and ask. I have had my parking fee waived here... There is also nearby street parking but the street parking that is right outside of the hotel doesn't allow overnight parking.

I can't remember the breakfast I was offered (whether it was a full buffet or just the continental buffet). Does anybody else have experience with the breakfast at this property?

I don't know what your plans are for San Diego but a Lyft or Uber ride between this hotel and the airport would be around $10 to $15. Maybe $20 to $30 in a taxi. That's less than the daily parking cost (but, again, not if you actually need a car).

I live in San Diego and I work as a consultant in the industry so feel free to message me directly if you have any questions. I may now know everything but I can at least point you in the right direction.

Thx for a great post! This is why I love FT

Will PM you
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:58 pm

Was charged $15 each way from Sea world Something about "scheduled times only but will talk to management re: waiving parking in lieu of that...

B'fast is 2 continental vouchers.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:41 pm

Any advice for someone who needs to stay south of La Jolla but north of the airport? Well, generally. I can expand some but want to be close to an event we are attending.

It's only for one night, so I don't know that I want to go full-on resort and spend $300, but I really do want to stay somewhere pretty decent.

Help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.